First (semi) manual flight
411 11 2021-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimboSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

Some footage of me trying out manual flight, i had the angle limit enabled just to make sure i wouldn't wreck my drone completely...
Enjoy! And make sure to watch in 1440p if possible ;) It guarantees better quality compared to 1080p

2021-9-22
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Nice flight. I'm not sure how much experience you have.. So I'm not sure if you need this suggestion.

While watching the video it occurred to me that most of that flight could have been done in sport.

Try this next time you go up above the tree line slightly reduce throttle rotate left stick hard left or right until you point it back the way you came and continue your motion as though you would come from the other side.  I don't know what the pros call it I just call it a hard over.

Now that you're in manual practice your orbit's faster and increase altitude as you do it.. Again I don't know what the pros call it I just call it a spiral up or down.

From time to time when you go up to show your height mid range your throttle spin around 180 and just show the drone drifting in its direction and looking backwards.

Just some nice little tricks to practice before you start hitting the hard acrobatics. And don't let me forget practice flying sideways.

2021-9-22
Use props
TimboSlice
lvl.4
Belgium

SgtRay Posted at 9-22 11:08
Nice flight. I'm not sure how much experience you have.. So I'm not sure if you need this suggestion.

While watching the video it occurred to me that most of that flight could have been done in sport.

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely practice those.
I wanted to get used to the controls first (without stabilization) since this was my very first manual flight in real life.
Let's say i have this drone for 2 or 3 weeks so i have a long ways to go.

Today i did a flight in full manual mode without the angle restrictions and it went pretty well.
I'll upload it later this week ;)
2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TimboSlice. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video you have filmed. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-9-22
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

I believe you are talking about the YAW SPIN and ORBIT ....

The secret of freestyle flight is all in managing the power of the engines and understanding the moment of inertia of the drone.

These variables always change from drone to drone ..... that's why we try to always fly the same build.

One piece of advice I can give is to work on managing the throttle in order to have a constant engine sound as if it were a melody ....

Unfortunately the DJI FPV is a quite nervous drone in its manual mode .... it tries to set the remote control rates too .... the default ones are to be thrown away.
2021-9-22
Use props
TimboSlice
lvl.4
Belgium

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-22 23:15
Hello !!

I believe you are talking about the YAW SPIN and ORBIT ....

Yeah i've heard the default values aren't the best. But i have to be honest for a new pilot they are forgiving and easy to use. But i'll play with it in the future.
2021-9-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For a first flight this is great.   
2021-9-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great first manual flight.  
2021-9-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2021-9-23
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

TimboSlice Posted at 9-22 23:25
Yeah i've heard the default values aren't the best. But i have to be honest for a new pilot they are forgiving and easy to use. But i'll play with it in the future.

Hello !!

Clearly I have adapted the rates I use with my FPV builds to the curve of the DJI FPV.

Over time I advise you to try different settings to increase the resolution of the remote control sticks being physically with little travel
2021-9-23
Use props
TimboSlice
lvl.4
Belgium

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-23 05:50
Hello !!

Clearly I have adapted the rates I use with my FPV builds to the curve of the DJI FPV.

I assume that was by feel? Because the rates aren't configurable like the curves in beta flight for example?
2021-9-23
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

TimboSlice Posted at 9-23 08:07
I assume that was by feel? Because the rates aren't configurable like the curves in beta flight for example?

Hello !!

Even if the tunes curve cannot be the same between DJI FPV, Beta and Kiss for example I still start from an indication that they are the values of the curve of my rates on Kiss builds that I use for freestyle flying.

Of course, the flying sensations between the DJI FPV and my Kiss build can never be the same but the feedback is very similar in response to commands.

Clearly the weight and the KV of the motors are different as a thing not to underestimate the performance of the battery.

My freestyle builds still use 4s batteries but their 120c value compared to the definitely lower value of the DJI FPV batteries really makes a difference in freestyle flying.

The DJI FPV was not born to freestyle .... this is to be understood right away.

Sure some light tricks can be done but nothing exceptional
2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules