DJI Mini SE - Drifting away in the dark
1248 7 2021-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneVid1
lvl.1

Canada

So, I have tried to hover the DJI Mini SE drone in the dark room/basement but it looks like it cannot stay in position.
Basically, I was testing if I can fly the drone at night. So, I tested in the dark room first.
See the video from this link:

https://youtu.be/QuJYHsLYUFI

2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DroneVid1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Using the Vision System of the the DJI Mini SE, when GPS is unavailable, the Downward Vision System is enabled if the surface has a discernable surface and sufficient light. The Downward Vision System works best when the drone is at an altitude of 0.5m to 10m. If the drone's altitude is above 10m, the Vision System may be affected, so extra caution is required. Thank you.

2021-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-9-23
Use props
DroneVid1
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 21:19
Hello there DroneVid1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Using the Vision System of the the DJI Mini SE, when GPS is unavailable, the Downward Vision System is enabled if the surface has a discernable surface and sufficient light. The Downward Vision System works best when the drone is at an altitude of 0.5m to 10m. If the drone's altitude is above 10m, the Vision System may be affected, so extra caution is required. Thank you.

[view_image]

Awesome information! Thanks.
2021-9-23
Use props
DroneVid1
lvl.1

Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 9-23 05:14
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

Thanks @Montfrooij.
2021-9-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DroneVid1 Posted at 9-23 07:35
Thanks @Montfrooij.

You're welcome!
Good luck
2021-9-23
Use props
XD_VENUM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102283 ft

India

I had the same problem with my mavic, just re calibrate everything that solved the issue for me
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DroneVid1 Posted at 9-23 07:34
Awesome information! Thanks.

Hi there DroneVid1. You are very much welcome and if you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules