Drone connects and flies but no video and app says not connected
508 10 2021-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uNF0Y0JhU4or
lvl.1

United States

I have a mini 2 that flys and is connected but the app says no connection. I have no view  on the app but it is recording on the sd card. Can someone Help?

2021-9-22
Use props
Spudster17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

Check the USB cable that connects the controller to your phone. It may be loose or is a bad cable.
2021-9-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

if you can fly it with the controller and it records pictures / video on the sd, it is the cable from the controller to the smartphone.
2021-9-22
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Agree with the masses.  It's the provided OTG cable.  There have been many that have complained that the OTG that came with the Mini 2 was faulty
2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please check the connection ( USB cable ) between the said DJI remote controller to the mobile device that you are using please and may we also know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you
2021-9-22
Use props
djiuser_uNF0Y0JhU4or
lvl.1

United States

Mhinc Posted at 9-22 19:47
Agree with the masses.  It's the provided OTG cable.  There have been many that have complained that the OTG that came with the Mini 2 was faulty

Hello and thanks for all the answers. I will order a new cable today and try that. I am using a galaxy s7
It has worked for 4 or 5 flights .Thats all the time i have on it. i have more time trying to get connected than flying it . Thanks I will let you know.
2021-9-23
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

djiuser_uNF0Y0JhU4or Posted at 9-23 04:25
Hello and thanks for all the answers. I will order a new cable today and try that. I am using a galaxy s7
It has worked for 4 or 5 flights .Thats all the time i have on it. i have more time trying to get connected than flying it . Thanks I will let you know.

If you want a GREAT OTG for your S7 I highly recommend

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure where you are located that is the Amazon Canada listing, but I have gone through a few and this one has been solid!
2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_uNF0Y0JhU4or
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 20:32
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please check the connection ( USB cable ) between the said DJI remote controller to the mobile device that you are using please and may we also know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you

Hello  I got the new cable today and that was the problem . Thanks for all the quick help.
2021-9-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uNF0Y0JhU4or Posted at 9-24 17:26
Hello  I got the new cable today and that was the problem . Thanks for all the quick help.

Was your Mini 2 secondhand? only asking as 5 flights isn't very long for the original cable to break or, are we talking about the Tab S7 and not the S7 phone?
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_uNF0Y0JhU4or
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 9-24 18:58
Was your Mini 2 secondhand? only asking as 5 flights isn't very long for the original cable to break or, are we talking about the Tab S7 and not the S7 phone?

It was new . I have had it long enough for it to be out of warranty. i dont get much time to fly it and some time it worked but  took many times to connect to the app. It must have had a cable problem from day 1.
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_uNF0Y0JhU4or Posted at 9-24 17:26

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. It is great to know that the issue has been fixed. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help you.
2021-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules