Phantom 4 will not sync with RC
531 2 2021-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MorphoTwoSix
New

United States

Hello, all.

First and foremost - I am glad to be a new member in the community. I've put off drone use for a while now, but finally caught an opportunity to dive in.

I have purchased a used DJI Phantom 4. Everything on the outside appears in good order with no reported incidents during its prior use. The known issue at the time is the charging issue the remote appears to be experiencing. I'll mention it for now, as it may not have anything to do with the reason behind this post.

After searching, I couldn't find a direct match to the issue I'm experiencing with getting the Phantom 4 to connect with the DJI Go4 App by means of a 2017 5th gen. iPad plugged into the USB port on the DJI RC. If I take the Phantom 4 and connect it to my PC or the aforementioned iPad - there is no connection issue according to the app and shows firmware is up to date. The bottom left of the app screen shows the "arrow" icon with a green dot indicating "CONNECTED," as well as automatically selecting Phantom 4 to display. The bottom right of the app screen shows a blue "GO FLY" button, in which it prompts you to "Connect Remote Controller to access camera." While the Phantom is still directly plugged in, the lights on the battery-side of the Phantom flash twice every 2 seconds, while a red LED constantly flashes (slowly) in between the SD Card and Micro-C port. The light on the RC to the furthermost-left point is a solid green during this.

Disconnecting the Phantom, while the app remains open, the RC remains powered on and the Phantom remains powered on, I connect the iPad into the RC via the USB port. There is no indication on any device that any change has occurred, other than the connection status remaining "DISCONNECTED" as soon as I had removed the direct-connection from the Phantom to the iPad.

I power both the RC and Phantom off, close the app. I power on the RC first, the Phantom second, then open the app. The same conditions mentioned above remain the same. The iPad iOS is current at the time of this post (iPadOS 15.0). I've tried suggestions of using the original DJI GO app, however there is no selection for the Phantom 4. The GPS on the DJI GO 4 shows my position in the map at the bottom right of the screen, and it appears the GPS or compass function is correct in the bottom left - but there aren't any connections indicated with the icons in the top right of the screen. Any settings I try to select in the app do not function.

I am waiting to hear back from the seller as I don't believe anything malicious was intended here, as I'm hoping it's something simple I've missed on my end, or some known issue that has a few ways to go about tackling it. If you're still awake after reading this - I'm all ears to any suggestions. If there's any additional information needed, I'll gladly oblige.

Thank you for your time - hope to take to the uncontrolled airspace soon.

2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MorphoTwoSix. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application to see if the issue will persist? In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you further? Thank you.

2021-9-22
Use props
MorphoTwoSix
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 21:28
Hello there MorphoTwoSix. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application to see if the issue will persist? In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you further? Thank you.

[view_image]

DJI Stephen,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I can't deliver video at this time, but here's an update:

- The RC is definitely connected to the Phantom 4! The Flight Mode Switch is operable and the Phantom 4 indicates this by the corresponding flashing-light sequences. I guess this post will need a revised title.

- The RC will not connect with any of my mobile devices. My primary would be the aforementioned 5th gen. iPad running iPadOS 15, which had then been replaced for the sake of experimenting with a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone running Android 8.0.0 and then a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Android 8.1.0. Any of these devices should have been able to support the app and RC.

- I'm thinking now there's something wrong with the USB and Micro USB ports on the RC.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules