Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyTin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4022835 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quick back story and relevant.

I purchased a new M210 V2 RTk in late June 2021, soon developed GPS problem, losing satellites in flight, (but then finding them again within seconds), then eventually not finding any. M210 V2 RTK was returned and a new replacement received, August.

The replacement aircraft has now started to display the same problems, losing satellites in flight. (BTW I am not using the RTK function for these flights and is turned off)

Just spoken to the supplier, (Heliguy in UK) to see if they had any feedback from DJI on the first aircraft.  Apparently the RTK module had to be replaced and re-calibrated, by DJI)

I have looked back on this forum for past issues and I am refreshing the aircraft firmware in the vane hope that this will fix the problem, but i guess it is going to be a replacement RTK module in the M210 and more lost revenue. Really not happy.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't afford to have an aircraft that should be quality product fail like this again, not just from a safety point of view, but also to be able to generate revenue.

2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, AndyTin. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you like to send it back for repair? We will further verify the issue and help this out.
2021-9-23
Use props
AndyTin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-23 04:34
Hello, AndyTin. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you like to send it back for repair? We will further verify the issue and help this out.

Thank you DJI Wanda. I am dealing with your authorised UK dealer at the moment as they are aware of the repeating problem.  They will handle the warranty.  If I get nowhere, I will contact you directly.

My main question, is there a known problem why these RTK modules failing?  I can't be unique having these issues. A second M210 V2 RTK in 4 months with the same issue.  If I get a 3rd unit will that then develop this problem over time.  I am concerned.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AndyTin Posted at 9-23 04:58
Thank you DJI Wanda. I am dealing with your authorised UK dealer at the moment as they are aware of the repeating problem.  They will handle the warranty.  If I get nowhere, I will contact you directly.

My main question, is there a known problem why these RTK modules failing?  I can't be unique having these issues. A second M210 V2 RTK in 4 months with the same issue.  If I get a 3rd unit will that then develop this problem over time.  I am concerned.

Hello, AndyTin. Sorry for your inconvenience. We are unable to recognize the correct issue until we analyze the flight logs on your aircraft and verify the damage on your device. You may know what's happened in your case after your dealer creates one. Any doubts or questions during the process are welcomed most. Please feel free to talk.  
2021-9-23
Use props
AndyTin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-23 05:13
Hello, AndyTin. Sorry for your inconvenience. We are unable to recognize the correct issue until we analyze the flight logs on your aircraft and verify the damage on your device. You may know what's happened in your case after your dealer creates one. Any doubts or questions during the process are welcomed most. Please feel free to talk.

The dealer has agreed to swap out this M210 V2 RTK with my original unit that has just been returned to them from DJI following it's repair. The GPS board and the two antennae boards were replaced.  This current faulty unit will be returned by the dealer to DJI for the same repair no doubt. I find it very odd that two units, probably from the same manufacturing batch both develop the same fault. The first unit at 9 hours, the second at 25 hours.  I will be monitoring the logs very closely on the next M210 V2 RTK.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AndyTin Posted at 9-23 10:08
The dealer has agreed to swap out this M210 V2 RTK with my original unit that has just been returned to them from DJI following it's repair. The GPS board and the two antennae boards were replaced.  This current faulty unit will be returned by the dealer to DJI for the same repair no doubt. I find it very odd that two units, probably from the same manufacturing batch both develop the same fault. The first unit at 9 hours, the second at 25 hours.  I will be monitoring the logs very closely on the next M210 V2 RTK.

Thanks for your feedback, If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to talk.
2021-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules