690 6 2021-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firmwares are updated to the latest of today.

The Control Stick Control Direction feature is missing from the OM5.  You can't go diagonal smoothly as it's either vertical or horizonal axis.
Screenshot_20210923-070901.jpg
2021-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Torchlight mode which got dropped on the OM3 onwards should come back too.
2021-9-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestion!
2021-9-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 9-23 04:05
Torchlight mode which got dropped on the OM3 onwards should come back too.

Yeah, that would be nice too!
2021-9-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

They probably omitted the hardware components required to save money or the way the gimbal is designed.. it would be difficult to do diagonal pathings manually while stabilizing from movements.  It could aggravate people trying to film raising problems so the solution was just to omit it purposely but idk maybe they were busy doing other things and forgot as they don't use the "stick".  No one cares to raise the issue because people don't really get technical from what is missing like me.  Should see what we lost in from the Phantom 4 going to Mavic 2 lol but who really uses those features anyway.  There were tons of extra features to have compared to M2 but they all work.

The Mini 2 does the job enough of what I would film w/ the M2.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. AntDX. Thank you for reaching out. I will take note of this and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-23
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

My neighbors think I'm crazy.  I'm walking outside in the front yard trying all the features on the OM5.  They just don't understand.
2021-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules