Mounting a GoPro?
1156 7 2015-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Just watching videos on YouTube of Phantoms. And I got to thinking....
I use a UAV Bits Carbon Fiber Camera Guard, and was thinking about mounting my GoPro under it filming from behind.

Yeah it will add weight and take from flight time and I would have to hand take off and land but I think it would be kind of cool for a one time thing.
Especially if I can get the "behind" video in the corner of the P3 video. I would probably have to buy video editing software since the ones I have can't do that.

Anyone see any major problems with this crazy(stupid?) idea?
2015-7-29
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should be fine weight-wise. A HERO4 Session would be your best choice if you want to go as light as possible.

http://shop.gopro.com/hero4/hero4-session/CHDHS-101.html

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-29
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I am curios what you want to get done.  Could you attach the link to the video?
2015-7-29
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-7-29 23:46
I am curios what you want to get done.  Could you attach the link to the video?

Nothing planned really. Just watching videos and was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could see what was going on behind it?

My mind is always thinking up stuff. Sometimes it's a stupid idea, sometimes it's not. LOL
If I do something with this idea I will post the video...
2015-7-29
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-7-29 23:48
Nothing planned really. Just watching videos and was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could se ...

Sorry if you misunderstood me.  Per your original post you watched a video on YouTube.  Can you post to the video on YouTube you already watched?  
2015-7-29
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

Instead of mounting there, why not mount it behind or under the battery? There are some great 3D printing guys on here, maybe someone can create a little clip that snaps onto the battery that the GoPro can slip into so that you don't have to worry about changing the way you land. Or if you don't use the VPS then you can pop that off and mount it there so that it doesn't throw the balance off or be too close to the props.
2015-7-29
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-7-29 23:52
Sorry if you misunderstood me.  Per your original post you watched a video on YouTube.  Can you po ...

I was mainly watching crashes and distance ones. None exactly made me think of it...
2015-7-29
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-7-29 23:54
Instead of mounting there, why not mount it behind or under the battery? There are some great 3D pri ...

Thanks for the ideas!
2015-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules