Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IPad Pro with iOS 15 not connecting to controller
1036 15 2021-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SD39U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 471253 ft
United States

Prior to updating to iOS 15 on my iPad Pro I had no issues connnecting the controller to the iPad.   Now that I have updated to iOS 15, I cannot connect my controller to the iPad.  I have tried several cables thinking maybe my cable was bad.

Controller connects to my iPhone 12 using iOS 15 with no issue.  Seems there is a bug in the software that needs to be fixed.  

Thanks...Eric
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. I regret the trouble you've been inflicted, we will try our best to help you get it addressed, please provide us with more information.
1. Which drone you are using now?
2. The firmware version of your drone and App are the latest? If convenient, please give us a screenshot.
Thanks in advance.
2021-9-23
Use props
SD39U
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-23 19:20
Hi, there. I regret the trouble you've been inflicted, we will try our best to help you get it addressed, please provide us with more information.
1. Which drone you are using now?
2. The firmware version of your drone and App are the latest? If convenient, please give us a screenshot.

1.  Mavic Air 2

2.  See attached image.  Version 1.4.8 (477)

2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

SD39U Posted at 9-24 04:31
1.  Mavic Air 2

2.  See attached image.  Version 1.4.8 (477)

Thanks for the information. Could you please also help us to check the firmware version of the remote controller? You may also try to reinstall the app after the important information is synced successfully and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.
2021-9-24
Use props
SD39U
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-24 05:20
Thanks for the information. Could you please also help us to check the firmware version of the remote controller? You may also try to reinstall the app after the important information is synced successfully and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.

Aircraft Firmware 01.01.0610
RC Firmware 04.11.0016
Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.23
2021-9-24
Use props
Dugouts
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’m having the exact same issue with my mavic air 2-  stopped working on my iPad Pro 11 after ios15 upgrade but works fine on my iPhone XR on ios15- let’s hope they can fix this
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dugouts Posted at 9-24 12:42
I’m having the exact same issue with my mavic air 2-  stopped working on my iPad Pro 11 after ios15 upgrade but works fine on my iPhone XR on ios15- let’s hope they can fix this

Hello, Dugouts. Sorry for your inconvenience. We would forward your issue to our designated teams and thanks for your feedback at the same time. Please stay tuned to our official website for the newest information.
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

SD39U Posted at 9-24 05:53
Aircraft Firmware 01.01.0610
RC Firmware 04.11.0016
Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.23

Thanks for the information provided. We will forward them to the corresponding team for further check. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks.
2021-9-27
Use props
Ethan100101
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue with my iPad Pro. Anyone find a workaround/fix yet? This was a known issue on the iOS 15 beta. Does DJI have an ETA on a fix? Haven’t been able to use my drone for 3 weeks now.
2021-10-7
Use props
Astroboyone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Please dji we need a fix for this, is disrupting my business, I have been waiting for nearly 2 months now
2021-11-15
Use props
Astroboyone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any news any updates on this yet?
2021-11-15
Use props
SD39U
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 19:25
Hello, Dugouts. Sorry for your inconvenience. We would forward your issue to our designated teams and thanks for your feedback at the same time. Please stay tuned to our official website for the newest information.

It's been a while now.  Any updates as to when this issue will be resolved?
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_BrwcbCK0knKy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2261663 ft

United States

Same issue here, what is going on with this DJI. I have an android phone I can fly from but using  my 12.9" iPad is 10x better and almost required for my business for getting good shots.

My iPad pro 2018 (12.9) Will connect once in every maybe 100 attempts? But this is a joke no one has time on a job to sit around hoping that will work. It's almost more insulting that it does work occasionally so it is 100% possible but the controller isn't talking over USB C correctly to the iPad.
2021-11-16
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2261663 ft

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-27 01:12
Thanks for the information provided. We will forward them to the corresponding team for further check. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks.

Major Update!

After some time on the phone with DJI support, and then a follow up via email from them, they suggested putting the controller on the charger prior to connecting to my iPad Pro 2018.

I found this ACTUALLY WORKS. I was able to reliably connect my Mavic Air 2 controller several times to my iPad which was previously working about 1 in 100 attempts. The charger or power source can be disconnected as soon as the controller and iPad are communicating and there were no issues. Its raining now so I haven't given it a test flight but it appears stable.

This is still a temporary fix. Clearly after the iPad OS 15 update (which cannot be rolled back, tried talking to Apple support), the iPad is not talking to the Mavic Air 2 controller correctly. I get neither power or data over the USB C to USB C connection without performing the above fix each time the 2 are connected.

Let's be clear: ***DJI still needs to fix this bug***, but in the meantime, at least for the 2018 iPad Pro (iPad OS 15) to Mavic Air 2 controller connection, it seems like carrying a portable battery pack or car charger might be a workaround.

Give this a try with the iPad Mini and other hardware pairings people have been having trouble with! Hopefully this works for your devices too.
2021-11-26
Use props
K-Castello
First Officer
Flight distance : 2403533 ft
Belgium

Newport home  drone Posted at 11-26 13:00
Major Update!

After some time on the phone with DJI support, and then a follow up via email from them, they suggested putting the controller on the charger prior to connecting to my iPad Pro 2018.

has this been resolved in the meantime?
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SD39U Posted at 11-15 09:23
It's been a while now.  Any updates as to when this issue will be resolved?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Because the latest iOS15 system changed the battery supply policy of the device, the connection issue with some iPad series may be caused by the insufficient remote controller power supply.  Our engineers are further verifying the in-depth reason and striving to improve it. We are sorry for any inconvenience brought. If you need to connect your iPad to the remote controller, a temporary solution is to charge the remote controller (After the app is connected, the remote controller cannot be charged continually). If you have urgent tasks, we recommend using a spare iOS or Android mobile device. Thanks for your understanding and support.

2021-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules