IPad Pro with iOS 15 not connecting to controller
9048 30 2021-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SD39U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 471253 ft
United States

Prior to updating to iOS 15 on my iPad Pro I had no issues connnecting the controller to the iPad.   Now that I have updated to iOS 15, I cannot connect my controller to the iPad.  I have tried several cables thinking maybe my cable was bad.

Controller connects to my iPhone 12 using iOS 15 with no issue.  Seems there is a bug in the software that needs to be fixed.  

Thanks...Eric
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. I regret the trouble you've been inflicted, we will try our best to help you get it addressed, please provide us with more information.
1. Which drone you are using now?
2. The firmware version of your drone and App are the latest? If convenient, please give us a screenshot.
Thanks in advance.
2021-9-23
Use props
SD39U
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-23 19:20
Hi, there. I regret the trouble you've been inflicted, we will try our best to help you get it addressed, please provide us with more information.
1. Which drone you are using now?
2. The firmware version of your drone and App are the latest? If convenient, please give us a screenshot.

1.  Mavic Air 2

2.  See attached image.  Version 1.4.8 (477)

2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SD39U Posted at 9-24 04:31
1.  Mavic Air 2

2.  See attached image.  Version 1.4.8 (477)

Thanks for the information. Could you please also help us to check the firmware version of the remote controller? You may also try to reinstall the app after the important information is synced successfully and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.
2021-9-24
Use props
SD39U
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-24 05:20
Thanks for the information. Could you please also help us to check the firmware version of the remote controller? You may also try to reinstall the app after the important information is synced successfully and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.

Aircraft Firmware 01.01.0610
RC Firmware 04.11.0016
Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.23
2021-9-24
Use props
Dugouts
New

United Kingdom

I’m having the exact same issue with my mavic air 2-  stopped working on my iPad Pro 11 after ios15 upgrade but works fine on my iPhone XR on ios15- let’s hope they can fix this
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dugouts Posted at 9-24 12:42
I’m having the exact same issue with my mavic air 2-  stopped working on my iPad Pro 11 after ios15 upgrade but works fine on my iPhone XR on ios15- let’s hope they can fix this

Hello, Dugouts. Sorry for your inconvenience. We would forward your issue to our designated teams and thanks for your feedback at the same time. Please stay tuned to our official website for the newest information.
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SD39U Posted at 9-24 05:53
Aircraft Firmware 01.01.0610
RC Firmware 04.11.0016
Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.23

Thanks for the information provided. We will forward them to the corresponding team for further check. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks.
2021-9-27
Use props
Ethan100101
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue with my iPad Pro. Anyone find a workaround/fix yet? This was a known issue on the iOS 15 beta. Does DJI have an ETA on a fix? Haven’t been able to use my drone for 3 weeks now.
2021-10-7
Use props
Astroboyone
New

United Kingdom

Please dji we need a fix for this, is disrupting my business, I have been waiting for nearly 2 months now
2021-11-15
Use props
Astroboyone
New

United Kingdom

Any news any updates on this yet?
2021-11-15
Use props
SD39U
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 19:25
Hello, Dugouts. Sorry for your inconvenience. We would forward your issue to our designated teams and thanks for your feedback at the same time. Please stay tuned to our official website for the newest information.

It's been a while now.  Any updates as to when this issue will be resolved?
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_BrwcbCK0knKy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

Same issue here, what is going on with this DJI. I have an android phone I can fly from but using  my 12.9" iPad is 10x better and almost required for my business for getting good shots.

My iPad pro 2018 (12.9) Will connect once in every maybe 100 attempts? But this is a joke no one has time on a job to sit around hoping that will work. It's almost more insulting that it does work occasionally so it is 100% possible but the controller isn't talking over USB C correctly to the iPad.
2021-11-16
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-27 01:12
Thanks for the information provided. We will forward them to the corresponding team for further check. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks.

Major Update!

After some time on the phone with DJI support, and then a follow up via email from them, they suggested putting the controller on the charger prior to connecting to my iPad Pro 2018.

I found this ACTUALLY WORKS. I was able to reliably connect my Mavic Air 2 controller several times to my iPad which was previously working about 1 in 100 attempts. The charger or power source can be disconnected as soon as the controller and iPad are communicating and there were no issues. Its raining now so I haven't given it a test flight but it appears stable.

This is still a temporary fix. Clearly after the iPad OS 15 update (which cannot be rolled back, tried talking to Apple support), the iPad is not talking to the Mavic Air 2 controller correctly. I get neither power or data over the USB C to USB C connection without performing the above fix each time the 2 are connected.

Let's be clear: ***DJI still needs to fix this bug***, but in the meantime, at least for the 2018 iPad Pro (iPad OS 15) to Mavic Air 2 controller connection, it seems like carrying a portable battery pack or car charger might be a workaround.

Give this a try with the iPad Mini and other hardware pairings people have been having trouble with! Hopefully this works for your devices too.
2021-11-26
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

Newport home  drone Posted at 11-26 13:00
Major Update!

After some time on the phone with DJI support, and then a follow up via email from them, they suggested putting the controller on the charger prior to connecting to my iPad Pro 2018.

has this been resolved in the meantime?
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SD39U Posted at 11-15 09:23
It's been a while now.  Any updates as to when this issue will be resolved?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Because the latest iOS15 system changed the battery supply policy of the device, the connection issue with some iPad series may be caused by the insufficient remote controller power supply.  Our engineers are further verifying the in-depth reason and striving to improve it. We are sorry for any inconvenience brought. If you need to connect your iPad to the remote controller, a temporary solution is to charge the remote controller (After the app is connected, the remote controller cannot be charged continually). If you have urgent tasks, we recommend using a spare iOS or Android mobile device. Thanks for your understanding and support.

2021-12-18
Use props
djiuser_UNKn7r6iCvKX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308504 ft
United States

What's the deal with this? We're now 2 months after the most recent reply from DJI Wanda. This seems like a major issue to work out between Apple and DJI for iPadOS 15. There should be a Vendor to Vendor relationship between DJI and Apple to report bugs and come up with solutions to resolve the issue.

Please don't give up on this and please work out a fix for your customers. Thank you. We all patiently await a fix.

FYI: I started a thread on Apple's forum as well to try to resolve this here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253649844

EDIT: Apple deleted my thread for reasons unknown, but you can report your own "bug" for this issue here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

The more reports there are, the more likely they are to fix this issue. Please submit your bug report.

2022-2-8
Use props
AngusRancher
New

United States

Any updates on this issue? I am not able to connect my Mavic Pro with my iPad.  This must be a common issue.
2022-2-28
Use props
fansfcfd6f0e
lvl.1

United States

Need a fix, or a $1500 credit from DJI!  This is killing me
2022-3-2
Use props
lozarus
New

United States

The DJI Fly app is no longer on the Google Play store. Downloaded from Galaxy Store but it won't launch.

I figured I'll use iOS based on a YouTube video I watched. At first it did not connect at all, even when connecting the charger to power.

Here's how I made it work for me:
1. Connected controller to an old iPad mini that's still on iOS 12. Updated Mavic Firmware using USB-C to Lightning cable. The firmware was upgraded to 01.0.1.172 (IIRC).
2. Connected controller to a second-gen iPad Pro running iOS 15.1 using USB-C to USB-C cable. Connected a powerful charger to the controller (3.1A). Connection got established., updated Mavic Firmware. Firmware got upgraded to 04.11.0032.
3. It appears iOS still needs the controller to be connected to a charger. Used Odec 10+ portable charger to work around this issue. (Note: if it doesn't work, disconnect the iPad, put it to sleep, bring it back and try again)

Good luck.
2022-3-4
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread, but if you are still having a problem, I am using and iPad Pro 11” with 15.3.1 and am not having any issue connecting.  All my firmware’s are current.
2022-3-5
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread, but if you are still having a problem, I am using and iPad Pro 11” with 15.3.1 and am not having any Issues connecting.
2022-3-5
Use props
Carbonade
New
Flight distance : 696152 ft
Canada

Issue still seem to be there atm, using an ipad pro 11'' 1st Gen iOS15. Everything is up to date. I need to plug the remote to a power bank, then remove it for the connection between the iPad and the Remote to be established. Using an Mavic Air 2
2022-3-31
Use props
Airwolf076
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1354970 ft
United States

Since this bug seems to be related to the Ipad update changing something with the way charging works, it seems to me like this could be an extremely easy fix on DJIs part....... restore the ability to toggle phone charging on or off in the IOS version of the Fly app, and have it toggled off by default.
2022-3-31
Use props
IrmaThurman
lvl.1

United States

Hi I am having an issue where I have never gotten my iPad Pro (2020) 12.9" 4th gen to work with my Mavic Air 2. I am using a hantora cable which says it works with the drone and the iPad I have any idea what my problem is?
2022-4-19
Use props
Hollie SE
New

United Kingdom

The current date is 18th May 2022. I have been having issues with this since I updated the iPad a few months ago. I couldn't understand why it wasn't working with my iPad but is fine with my iPhone.
The 'connect the remote to power' idea works for me BUT this should NOT be something we should have to do. It is simply absurd that we should have to work like this.

DJI & Apple please sort this problem out!!!
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_yFw8fS2kR7Sp
New

United States

I have been dealing with this since I bought my iPad around Christmas 2021. I finally figured out that if you turn off the iPad then connect it to the remote and turn on the remote, the iPad will start up on its own and the fly app will start up as well. You have to go through a couple start up screens but then it works. Very odd but it’s worked every time so far.
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS
New

United States

How is this still and issue DJI brand new iPad mini and all it dines is connect and disconnected repeatedly
2022-7-5
Use props
geebolto
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS Posted at 7-5 14:48
How is this still and issue DJI brand new iPad mini and all it dines is connect and disconnected repeatedly

Ipad Mini 6 here and it's been rock solid for me with the Mavic Air 2.
2022-7-6
Use props
Tarponhunter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31762 ft
United States

Hello, I am really new to DJI And drone flying. I have recently purchased the Mini 3 Pro with the smart controller and decided to purchase the RC-N1 controller to try using my IPad Pro 11” for the display. I could get my iPhone and my wife’s iPad air to work but not my IPad Pro until I came across forum. Is there a fix for this ?
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_5dOp6EQoG9Cp
New

Germany

Hello,

i have the same problem with the latest version of mavic 3 and latest software version on ipad pro…
2022-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules