MINI 2 LI Po batterys
531 5 2021-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaKidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860184 ft
United States

Was wondering if a fire proof bag they sell for these batterys is safe enough, or a fire extinguisher is also a good ideal. Havent came acrose any info  yet, and was wondering if the bags they sell are enough?

2021-9-23
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

A lipo bag definitely can help in the event of a battery fire. Depends on the battery size. The larger the lipo, the larger the fire. A lot of RC guys also use a vented ammo can which is what I use and and I store it in a fireproof safe. There is also a device called the battsafe which supposedly works very well although it's a bit pricey. Most lipo fires are due to improper charging/hookup, user error or using old swollen and puffy batteries and crash damage. It's rare that a good lipo at a storage voltage of 3.8V/cell will go up in flames spontaneously. It's a particularly nasty affair though because it's a chemical fire and can't be put out with water or ordinary fire extinguishers. In fact water reacts violently with lithium and makes it worse.

https://www.bat-safe.com/
2021-9-23
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the info, wonder if Amazon have this. Wife is going to be mad, as I keep finding things that are needed... lol
2021-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You dont really need anything extra the batteries are very safe as long as you dont let them get too hot or puncture them.
2021-9-23
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

Was wondering how to tell my wife I wanted or needed something else.  Like the ideal of not going through that.  The chance of something going wrong with them they say is very slim, as long as you are keeping to safe practices. Thanks for the reply. My secound drone here, thank to Amazon taking my first one back, a Mavic mini refirebished. Now, if I don not mess up and run into something......  Love the view up high.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DaKidd. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. In addition, the DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ion=0&vid=31291
2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules