Battery Error and fails calibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loveadog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129367 ft
United States

Battery Error on DJI GO App. I have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro. It was flying fine but I noticed a few cracks in the upper shell near the batteries so I decided to replace the top shell. Once I completed that I was ready to go out and fly again. That’s when I got the battery error (original DJI battery). The DJI Go App will connect to the drone but it shows 0% battery charge. The RC and drone connect, it obviously has power, I also get the message to calibrate. This seems to also be a problem as I go through the ritual but it never calibrates. I have done the following: 1. Tried different batteries with no success, 2. Redownloaded the DJI GO App, 3. Purchased a new mini-SD card, formatted it, and copied the most recent firmware onto it (going through start up multiple times), 4. I relinked the RC with the drone, 5. Updated all batteries, 6. Have tried to line up the battery contacts inside the drone with the battery being inserted. Nothing has worked so far. Is there a contact somewhere that needs cleaning. Could the batteries not be fitting properly. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate your help.

2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there loveadog. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro after replacing the shell of the said DJI Drone. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persists. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank you.
2021-9-23
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Umm. Changing the top shell shouldn't affect the battery connections as the battery holder and connections are on the bottom shell. Only thing on the top shell is the GPS module.

Have a closer look at the connections/wires and make sure you haven't somehow broken one? The fact that the problem is there with all your batteries would suggest that the issue is with the holder.

Sorry to hear you went for a firmware update as this can cause more problems than it fixes!!

2021-9-23
Use props
loveadog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129367 ft
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 9-23 23:39
Umm. Changing the top shell shouldn't affect the battery connections as the battery holder and connections are on the bottom shell. Only thing on the top shell is the GPS module.

Have a closer look at the connections/wires and make sure you haven't somehow broken one? The fact that the problem is there with all your batteries would suggest that the issue is with the holder.

Thank you for your thoughts. Will give it another look.
2021-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules