RTH and Payload Setting?
707 9 2021-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans927dfb52
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5712 ft
United States

I just received my DJI Mini 2 and installed the propeller protectors while I learn to fly.  During my first flight, I noticed RTH was not working when I pressed and held the RTH button.  It was giving me some error messages, but they flashed on the screen so fast, I could really read them in the bright sun.  I tried with the Payload enabled and disabled and RTH didn't work in either setting.  Is this normal?  Seems really odd that RTH doesn't work with the propeller protectors since it seems new drone pilots whould be most apt to use them.  Any thought or suggestion to get it to work?  Thanks.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to fly to a different location wherein you can take a screenshot or short screen video recording showing the error message for us to further isolate the issue? Also, you may try to re-link the aircraft to the remote controller to see if there are differences. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-9-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You may have been too close to the drone, i think its 20m or more for the RTH to work
Have you read the manual, its all in there
2021-9-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a thought. When payload mode is activated (manual or automatic), the range is very restricted. Maybe the drone was not far enough away from the home point for the RTH to appear to work. Did the drone land where it was instead?
2021-9-23
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

2021-9-23
Use props
fans927dfb52
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-23 18:37
Just a thought. When payload mode is activated (manual or automatic), the range is very restricted. Maybe the drone was not far enough away from the home point for the RTH to appear to work. Did the drone land where it was instead?

You may be right, I was just practicing in my backyard, so it may have been within 20m.  Thanks..
2021-9-24
Use props
fans927dfb52
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-23 18:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to fly to a different location wherein you can take a screenshot or short screen video recording showing the error message for us to further isolate the issue? Also, you may try to re-link the aircraft to the remote controller to see if there are differences. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I think it may have been too close.  I'll try again today if weather permits.  I'm new to drones, so just practicing in my backyard for now.  I'll check the distance also and see where it was at.  When I initiated RTH, it would just hover.  Thanks.
2021-9-24
Use props
fans927dfb52
lvl.2
United States

I need to download the full manual, it only came with the quick start manual.  Thank you for posting this!
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans927dfb52 Posted at 9-24 03:54
I think it may have been too close.  I'll try again today if weather permits.  I'm new to drones, so just practicing in my backyard for now.  I'll check the distance also and see where it was at.  When I initiated RTH, it would just hover.  Thanks.

Thank you. Please keep us posted.
2021-9-25
Use props
fans927dfb52
lvl.2
United States

Well, after a couple of attempts it does appear RTH is working fine without the propeller guards.  With the guards on and the Payload setting enabled, the flying height is restricted, sso I don't think it was far enough away to engage.  On another note, my battery charger dies and is on its way back to DJI for repair or replacement!  Thank you for all the help!
2021-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules