Is it possible to invert the up down stick on the controller for the fpv

2021-9-23
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Up / down? Do you mean Throttle? or Elevator? The format of the controls for DJI drones is consistent with all RC controlled aircraft. You would be doing yourself a disservice to try and learn any other way to control an RC aircraft. You may at some time in the future want to fly Fixed wing prop or Jet aircraft or electric or nitro helicopters.
2021-9-25
Use props
4Flyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46512 ft
Canada

bjr981s Posted at 9-25 01:46
Up / down? Do you mean Throttle? or Elevator? The format of the controls for DJI drones is consistent with all RC controlled aircraft. You would be doing yourself a disservice to try and learn any other way to control an RC aircraft. You may at some time in the future want to fly Fixed wing prop or Jet aircraft or electric or nitro helicopters.

yes the throttle, since that's how it climbs or descends, from my flying days in an aircraft pulling back on the stick is up, push down is down, I find pushing forward to climb strange
2021-9-25
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1918087 ft
Germany

Well, from my flying days, pushing the throttle forward is more power, pulling the throttle back is idle… That‘s exactly the same how the throttle on the DJI drone works.

But I have heard that the philosophy for an (RC) helicopter is different. And in the end, it’s a drone, not a fixed wing or a helicopter. So, I fully agree, why not make it customizable - for whatever reason.
2021-9-25
Use props
4Flyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46512 ft
Canada

except the throttle in this case is the climb or descend function, probably more like the collective on a helicopter I think. In a fixed wing up and down at its simplest is mostly the function of elevator not throttle which is why I was reluctant to call it a throttle to begin with. Anyway I am wondering if that power toggle can be reversed to: pull back for more power = climb, push forward to descend
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules