iPhone case and DJI OM5 doesn't fit
6240 11 2021-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

Hey,

I know im not alone but i just wanted to express my dissapointment that the DJI OM 5 i just bought today dosent fit my iPhone 12 when it has the magsafe cass on it.  The clamps are just too loose and the phone slips out easily. Ive seen this was a common problem with the OM 4 but why wasnt it fixed? Taking the case off my iphone to put into the clamp is hard becasue the case fits very tightly to the iphone. I am very dissapointed.
2021-9-24
Use props
fanse2ab1c24
lvl.3
Indonesia

have you try to put riser pad? I added riser pad for my samsung note 10+ with case.

2021-9-24
Use props
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

fanse2ab1c24 Posted at 9-24 18:41
have you try to put riser pad? I added riser pad for my samsung note 10+ with case.

I just tried it and it helps a little bit but the clamp presses against the side of the case not around it securely. if all the padding in the centre of the clamp was removed it might work to clamp around the case securely. Might try heating it up with a hair dryer and pulling it off.
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You can use a phone case for the DJI OM 5 gimbal however, if the phone is wrapped with a case, its size should be compatible with the gimbal. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-24
Use props
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-24 22:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You can use a phone case for the DJI OM 5 gimbal however, if the phone is wrapped with a case, its size should be compatible with the gimbal. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, im not sure thats true, see the picture I just took. This is the thinnest case available
and the clamp just docent fit .
2021-9-25
Use props
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

fanse2ab1c24 Posted at 9-24 18:41

Am I doing this wrong?
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try to take off the clamp and adjust the clamp? Ensure that the magnetic phone clamp is in the middle of the mobile phone. Furthermore, please note that the DJI OM Fill Light Phone Clamp's compatibility/size/weight is the same as  DJI OM Magnetic Phone Clamp 2.
Compatible Phone Weight: 230 ± 60 g
Compatible Phone Thickness: 6.9-10 mm
Compatible Phone Width: 67-84 mm
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-25
Use props
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 03:47
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try to take off the clamp and adjust the clamp? Ensure that the magnetic phone clamp is in the middle of the mobile phone. Furthermore, please note that the DJI OM Fill Light Phone Clamp's compatibility/size/weight is the same as  DJI OM Magnetic Phone Clamp 2.
Compatible Phone Weight: 230 ± 60 g
Compatible Phone Thickness: 6.9-10 mm

Hello,

Moving the clamp to the middle only causes the other side to slip off. Adjusting the clamp and positioning the clamp in the exact middle causes the phone to pop out and fall to the ground.
2021-9-25
Use props
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

I have removed the inner pad from the clamp and now it fits.

2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_jUOo7jJHnjss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7063241 ft

Mexico

EvolvingParty Posted at 2021-9-25 04:14
I have removed the inner pad from the clamp and now it fits.

[view_image]

It fits...but at what cost??
2022-9-22
Use props
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_jUOo7jJHnjss Posted at 9-22 12:45
It fits...but at what cost??

It’s just sticky glue. No damage at all. Plus another pad is provided in the kit.
2022-9-22
Use props
hhuntington2
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Boggles my mind that all these companies make phone clamps that don't fit cases. How many people don't put a protective case on their $1000 phones? Creates a hassle to take the case on and off. DJI is not alone in this but it would be great if they included that in their design.
2022-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules