DJI OM5. MIMO App won't install on Android
123Next >
31736 86 2021-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rocket_TJB
lvl.1

United States

Hello Forum Participants, this is my first post. I had no issues installing the MIMO app on my Apple iPhone. However, when I go to install the MIMO app on my android after scanning the link from the product box I get the following message from both of my browsers:

"This type of file can harm your device. Do you want to keep etc.DJIMimo_1.64.apk anyway?"

I select OK... and then...

"For your security, your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source."

So I select Settings to allow... and then...

"Installing. App not installed." And I select Done.

Evidently, something got installed. When I go to the Play Store and search for DJI mimo I get an "enable" button. When I select this it leads to "Open". And then, when I open the app and attempt to connect to connect it indicates "DJI Device Not Found". When I manually connect using bluetooth, it connects but then the App doesn't recognize it.

What a headache. Does anyone have a solution for this ridiculously complicated routine? And why doesn't DJI load their applications on the Apple Store of the Play Store? I don't appreciate having to side load an application for a standard consumer product. Not fun. And certainly I'm not impressed or happy with DJI. If it doesn't work out of the box it hasn't been developed and tested fully.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
2021-9-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could be that the Mimo App is not yet optimized to run on your Android mobile device.  Did you check the compatibility list here?

For reasons that DJI has not announced they no longer upload updated versions of the DJI Mimo or DJI Fly App to the Google Play store.  

2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the said application using our website? You may refer to the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_OgUBK33UvSEJ
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-24 20:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the said application using our website? You may refer to the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

I still can't install apk on one of my phones with these instructions.  It worked fine on two other phones. How can i get assistance?
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_OgUBK33UvSEJ Posted at 10-28 12:41
I still can't install apk on one of my phones with these instructions.  It worked fine on two other phones. How can i get assistance?

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific mobile devices are experiencing the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_OgUBK33UvSEJ
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-29 04:32
Hello. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific mobile devices are experiencing the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Installing on month old Samsung galaxy a01, with Android 10
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_OgUBK33UvSEJ
New

United States

djiuser_OgUBK33UvSEJ Posted at 10-29 06:24

Also,  I'm confused why we have to jump through hips rather than just being available in Google play store?  Seems like i wouldn't have install issues if installing normally.
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_OgUBK33UvSEJ Posted at 10-29 06:24

Thank you for your response. It seems that the said mobile device is not listed on our compatible devices list and this might be the reason for the issue. Kindly, please use a compatible device to avoid any issues. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for your understanding and support.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf

2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_xKuv8Yvkl7pm
New

Canada

I am also tryinv to.install on my samsung s8+ and the same problem.. feom website also it gives App not installer message.  

2021-12-27
Use props
PBL44
New

Spain

I just bought a om5 gimbal.
I have a Huawei p20 pro, android 10 version and i have the same problem. What must i do to install the mimo app?...
I cant install the app using the browser. everything is alloud to install an app out of the play store and...Nothing...
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_wwyZr5cbDZYu
New

Netherlands

Exactly the same problem. Cannot install the app on Huaiwei P20, updated to the last Android 10.
I tried to install last 2 versions, none of them worked.
2022-1-26
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

FYI. Just bought the OM5 and it installed the Mimo app with my old Huawei P20 lite phone.
2022-1-27
Use props
rewboss
lvl.1

Germany

I have an LG Q6 running Android 8, and managed to get the older version of the app to install. I assume it'll work: the Pocket 2 I ordered is still on its way, so I haven't been able to try it out properly.

I have to say that this is extremely disappointing. Apparently, the app is needed to activate the device (if I've understood correctly), but the information that it only works on a very small number of phones isn't made obvious. The website specifies only that Android 7 or better is needed. Yes, it gives a list of compatible devices, but doesn't exactly make it clear that by that is meant "won't work on any other phones". On the product page for the camera, that list is hidden behind a link which, in German at least, is labelled "recommended devices", which is even less clear.

I am thankful that I was able to get the older app version to at least install. But in all honesty, if in order to use the camera I have to buy a new phone, I'm going to have to send the camera back. Sure, somebody who can afford to splash out €500 on a camera with accessories isn't exactly on the breadline, but would still be a nasty unexpected and unbudgeted-for extra expense.
2022-1-27
Use props
shvojdan
New
France

i have same problem on xiaomi redmi note 8 pro - first try to install mimo 1.7 and when download completed it says cant install on your device and older versions dosent work - it sounds like DJI company from September 2021 to now wont  to solve this problem - DJI SUPPORT PlLEASE Answer my Problom
2022-1-29
Use props
shewro
New

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-9-24 20:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the said application using our website? You may refer to the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

Hi, I have tried to download the latest version and it says Can't open on your phone. I downloaded the old version for now, and still can not connect my phone.
2022-1-30
Use props
shewro
New

Canada

I have a Pixel 5 and I can not connect my phone to the app, I have deleted the app, reinstalled, but still will not let me. (old version of the app). Once I download the new version of the app, it does not allow me to open the app. It says can't open app.
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

shewro Posted at 1-30 13:05
I have a Pixel 5 and I can not connect my phone to the app, I have deleted the app, reinstalled, but still will not let me. (old version of the app). Once I download the new version of the app, it does not allow me to open the app. It says can't open app.

Thank you for your response. Can you please send us a screenshot of the error message on your mobile device? Thank you.
2022-1-31
Use props
Benn
New
Flight distance : 564 ft
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the said application using our website? You may refer to the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

HI I bought an OM5 yesterday and i did all the ways to install it and its not installing after i waited 3 minutes downloading when i click install it wont install.
2022-2-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Benn Posted at 2-2 13:27
HI I bought an OM5 yesterday and i did all the ways to install it and its not installing after i waited 3 minutes downloading when i click install it wont install.

Hello, Ben. Sorry for the trouble. We're you able to try to follow the steps on the troubleshooting steps above? In addition, can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_4i7VgCwVdR7m
New
Philippines

Hi everyone

I can't open the App I installed. It says that the app I stalled have a bug. Needs to be updated.

The Phone I used was Samsung S21 with Android version 12.

How can I fixed this problem?

Thanks a lot for those who can help...
2022-2-4
Use props
PBL44
New

Spain

hello...nobody answer?
2022-2-4
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

PBL44 Posted at 2-4 03:59
hello...nobody answer?

If no replies forthcoming,try an email to Dji support.
2022-2-4
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Other Problem here preventing me from starting the app. I'm on a Pixel 4 XL, which is supported.

I can download the file, get the "can't install" messages as described by the others. When I go do "Downloads" in Chrome mobile, to manually start the installation, and click to install, it opens the "My Peugeot" App for my E-Peugeot. and tries to install the file into this app. I then get an Error Message inside the Peugeot App "Erreur, Echec de l'importation" (It's in French, of course)

When I pause the Peugeot app, then double click the download, I get the message that "MyPeugeot is paused for the rest of the day".

I guess I would have to deinstall the Peugeot app and try again, but that Peugeot app is a pain (like this one apparently), and it took FOREVER to connect the app with the car. I don't want to have to go through that again just to get the OM5 to work.

Need help fixing this. Just got my new OM 5 today and now I can't use it fully.

Thanks
Petra
2022-2-8
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Similar Problem here. I'm on a Pixel 4 XL, which is supported. When I try go do "Downloads" in Chrome mobile, and click to install it opens the "My Peugeot" App for my E-Peugeot. and tries to install the file into this app. I then get an Error Message inside the Peugeot App "Erreur, Echec de l'importation" (It's in French, of course)

I guess I would have to deinstall the app and try again, but that app is a pain as well and it took FOREVER to connect the app with the car.

Is the reason why the app is not in the Google Play store any more, that it is so super buggy?

Need help fixing this. Just got my new OM 5 today and for the price of the device, I expected the app to work normally.

Thanks
Petra
2022-2-9
Use props
gutterboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6660 ft
Canada

so, i decided to Jump ship from my GpPro 7 Black piece of freezing crap. and bought 2 New Osmo actions, to find i cant use them with my LG G7 one phone? now i have 2 cameras at $400, and a 1 year old Phone which i AM NOT getting rid of just because of this stupid camera activation crap" This is my last DJI Product tell ya that, This is Rediculous, what if i didn,t even own a cell phone for gods sake, this Camera needs to be ready to go OUT OF THE BOX. Im gonna send them both back for a Refund ,Shame on you Dji for releasing something like this, Get your ... together already,ive got a crapload of Moneys worth of your Products here,
2022-2-11
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

i've been waiting a week now after writing to support, even making screenshots of the problem and describing it.

It's not a difficult thing to understand. The Installer wants to load into the MyPeugeot app. They should be able to easily reconstruct this case.

At least, for a 150 EUR Gimbal, I expect them to give some kind of response after a week.

Am hugely disappointed with the company and the way they are handling this whole app installation process.

I guess it was a warning sign, already, when the app was not downloadable from the Google Play store.

Very disappointing.

2022-2-16
Use props
djiuser_IuvEaDC2BuqG
New

Turkey

"File can't open"this is the message when trying to install APK file from browser download folder
Please help
2022-2-16
Use props
djiuser_IuvEaDC2BuqG
New

Turkey

DowntownRDB Posted at 2021-9-24 18:25
It could be that the Mimo App is not yet optimized to run on your Android mobile device.  Did you check the compatibility list here?

For reasons that DJI has not announced they no longer upload updated versions of the DJI Mimo or DJI Fly App to the Google Play store.

I own around 4500 USD worth of DJI equipments Mavic Pro, Osmo Pocket, Osmo action accessories, and so on, and very disappointed that non of DJI app working on my new samsung phone after update, I did some research on google almost every DJI user is in trouble and DJI doing nothing to fix problem, well do not buy DJI ever in your life this company is already banned in USA and other countries are following, Good bye DJI waste of money
2022-2-16
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_IuvEaDC2BuqG Posted at 2-16 14:13
"File can't open"this is the message when trying to install APK file from browser download folder
Please help

I have the same issue. I even went the extra mile and deleted an app that was conflicting with their installer, only to then be stopped by this next impossible hurdle.

I have no idea what they are doing but it seems like a major cluster disaster with this app.

I wonder if Google removed the app from the store because it violated certain coding policies.

I set all permissions as I was advised, but it doesn't help, I can' install it on my android phone, even though it is listed under the supported devices (Pixel 4 XL)  I guess the system software on my phone will simply not let me install it because it has construction faults.

And now all customers are stuck in a black hole between this company and Google.
2022-2-16
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

I just got the advice from Support to download the installer to a PC, then transfer it to the phone into the file folder, and try installing from there, but I'm done with this.

I've meanwhile seen some reviews that showed that some key features are mission on Android phones altogether, which I didn't know. So even if I get the app to work eventually, I still would have only 2/3rds of the features I paid for and that were promised to me by putting my phone on the "supported devices" list.

The Gimbal is packed and will be returned to Amazon today. I think that was my little adventure with DJI. Not buying from this company again. Too many things going wrong.
2022-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_IuvEaDC2BuqG Posted at 2-16 14:35
I own around 4500 USD worth of DJI equipments Mavic Pro, Osmo Pocket, Osmo action accessories, and so on, and very disappointed that non of DJI app working on my new samsung phone after update, I did some research on google almost every DJI user is in trouble and DJI doing nothing to fix problem, well do not buy DJI ever in your life this company is already banned in USA and other countries are following, Good bye DJI waste of money

Sorry to hear that.  I'm using the Mimo App and the DJI Fly App on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra without issue.  The S21 is on Android 12 OS and has a snapdragon processor.  
2022-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_IuvEaDC2BuqG Posted at 2-16 14:13
Please help

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to copy the link below then paste it on your Google Chrome browser, from there, kindly please download the app then check the file under the download section of your Chrome browser then install the app and follow the troubleshooting steps above. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI GO 4: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

DJI MIMO: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

DJI FLY: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_oR6vC3NBzRoe
New

Vietnam

Same issue here I just bought the DJI Om 5 and cant install DJI Mimo app ( my phone is Samsung note 10+). Need help!!!!
2022-3-16
Use props
Debbie Suttie
New

Ireland

I'm try to download the dji  omi app to calibrate the phone but is impossible
I have samsung A32 ... ridicoulous 110 euro in the bin
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_crgquYDwIqOM
New

United States

Why is the file a .bin file and not an .apk file?
2022-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_crgquYDwIqOM Posted at 3-20 16:42

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The file on our website must be an apk file. Follow the process that I posted above and you can download the said app. We strongly recommend to use a compatible device to avoid issues. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_2bbeJApPCzNi
New

Finland

FIXED! EDIT: Got it to work! I opened the Mimo download page on my computer, scanned the QR code with my phone's camera, and it worked via that. It is now installed and working proper. DJI: check the QR code link and start sharing that download link for people. Share the QR code for everyone to scan with their phones.

Hello,

I've just ordered the OM4 SE for my work, and I need it to work right away when it arrives in 2 days. I'm trying to install the Mimo app via your link you shared above on my phone, with Chrome (dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo). I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+, which is listed in the compatibility list.

The .APK file downloads normally, but in the Chrome Downloads page when I click the file, it says "Can't open file".

I will be returning the gimbal in 2 days if I can't get it to work when it arrives, and then I need to walk in some local store and I will buy a product from another company.

How do I get this app installed? Need help asap.
2022-4-3
Use props
OrcCorp
New

Finland

djiuser_crgquYDwIqOM Posted at 3-20 16:42

Got it to work! I opened the Mimo download page on my computer, scanned the QR code with my phone's camera, and it worked via that. It is now installed and working proper.
2022-4-3
Use props
OrcCorp
New

Finland

Debbie Suttie Posted at 3-20 06:41
I'm try to download the dji  omi app to calibrate the phone but is impossible
I have samsung A32 ... ridicoulous 110 euro in the bin

Got it to work! I opened the Mimo download page on my computer, scanned the QR code with my phone's camera, and it worked via that. It is now installed and working proper.
2022-4-3
Use props
OrcCorp
New

Finland

djiuser_oR6vC3NBzRoe Posted at 3-16 07:36
Same issue here I just bought the DJI Om 5 and cant install DJI Mimo app ( my phone is Samsung note 10+). Need help!!!!

2022-4-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules