Endless calibration of Smart Controller stick and compass
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434400 ft
United States

Mavic 2EA - Most times I take it out of the box, I have to calibrate the Smart Controller sticks to it allow it to connect to the Mavic (flashing blue connect light then goes green). Then the Mavic complains of magnetic itnerference, which goes away once I calibrate its compass. Then it starts up fine, in just the same location as it had magnetic issues just moments earlier. These seem like two bugs that should get fixed. The stick calibration is especially frustrating when you are trying to launch to film an event that is short lived.
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We would recommend you change to another place and try again for there might be magnetic interferences. Or could you please test it by using another drone if you have a spare one?
2021-9-25
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434400 ft
United States

These two problems have been consistent in three US states, on multiple days in each region, on land in different places and on different boats. A Phantom used in the same location did not have the same problems. The fix is to calibrate the sticks for the connection issue, and calibrate the compass for the magnetic anomaly issue. Then the drone will fly in exactly the same place where there was an anomaly message a minute earlier.
2021-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules