3897 12 2021-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10787 ft
United States

I have less than 7 hours on a new inspire 2 with a zen 7
> have needed to re-up the firmware 3 times.   after 8 attempts it still will not upgrade ( using every posible means)
> the firmware it reverts to 1) will not recognize vido capture.  2) creates a " HDR" option under still photos.    3) can not format the sd or the SSD

To those in charge.....  you promote this as a professional product  but render it useless with your inability to create a software solution for the end user to create a consistant product.

This is disapointing.    Also,  out of the 6 batteries purchased one hads died.   So I am assuming the acceptable life expectancy of a battery for DJI is one out of six will die every 7 hours.   and buying your professional quad... you can fly it for seven hours and then have to send it in for repairs.
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. The firmware of the aircraft can be updated by using DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2.
Firstly, please upgrade the firmware via the DJI GO 4 app. Here’re some suggestions if failing to do so.
a. Make sure that the battery level for both the aircraft and the remote controller is more than 50%.
b. Ensure staying connected to the Internet at all times during updates, and don’t disconnect the mobile devices from the aircraft.
c. Remove the microSD card and upgrade it again.
We noticed that you mentioned that your batteries also had issues, could you please send us a video to verify?
Thanks in advance hand hope you keep updating.  
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-24 23:49
Hello, there. Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. The firmware of the aircraft can be updated by using DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2.
Firstly, please upgrade the firmware via the DJI GO 4 app. Here’re some suggestions if failing to do so.
a. Make sure that the battery level for both the aircraft and the remote controller is more than 50%.

Thanks for getting back!!!
>. just one battery has gone bad.    I have six and after rotation of only 7 hours of flying one has completely died.   The charger does not recognize it
>.  >.  " please upgrade the firmware via the DJI GO 4 app.  "
Tried with my controller  and 7 inch crystal sky -     Fails at %97.   consistently
>>>. Tried with assistant 2 using an I phone - iMac - a Mac tower - an android tablet.   >>. all results in a failure at 97%

I always start each attempt at a %100 charge on everything.   when it approaches %50 I switch batteries and charge the controller

( this is the third time in 7 hours of flying I had to re-up the firmware.   the first two times I was successful after a few hours of trying.)

I have a job next weekend I needed it for so I purchased another Inspire two  because not having it is not an option.

Any other thought on why the software would become corrupt after only 7 hours of flying?

Thanks again for the help
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-24 23:49

"c. Remove the microSD card and upgrade it again."

>> have done that.   same.  fail at %96.    Removed the cineSSD....same failure
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
United States

I have just tried 3 more times.  each update fails at %87  while updating    "camera"

>>>.  I removed the zenmuse7 and ran the update successfully.

>>>>>. attached the zenmuse7 again and the firmware update failed

>>>>>>>>>>does this mean the zenmuse 7 is bad or the there is a glitch in the firmware?       It has only flown 7 hours in very comtrolled circumstances.   I added the CINE licenses with a 960 SSD which was the only  change.

thanks

2021-9-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz Posted at 9-27 08:07
I have just tried 3 more times.  each update fails at %87  while updating    "camera"

>>>.  I removed the zenmuse7 and ran the update successfully.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We would like to know that what exactly happened to your battery. Could you please tell us what kind of error code or notification prompts on APP?
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
United States

there are no messages on the battery.   It is dead.  It is non responsive.      I connected it to the charger and it is dead

The inspire 2 however gives an error message when starting up. " camera sensor error.
>>>. when ever trying to upgrade the firmware it stops at %87 while trying to update the " camera"   says it failed and to try again

then repeat the same thing many time over

Update.   I purchased a new ZEN 7 and connected it.   I succesfully uploaded the firmware.           I must now assume I have a defective zen7.     Is there an easier way to diagnose that it was not the inspire two....but the zen7 causing the firmware error?

2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
United States

an update.     I purchased a refurbished I2 with a new zenmuse x7.          Works to this point but does not hold a steady position at flight rest.

the original ZenmuseX7 does not work on the Newley paused I2.  and the new zenmuse x7 does not work on the original I2.    So the original set up failed after 7 hours and has been sent in to be repaired.

So now I have 2 - I2 units and 2 - zenmuse x7 unit.      Sucks that I need 2 complete set ups of a " professional" drone system just to make sure I can always get off the ground
2021-10-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz Posted at 9-29 06:33
there are no messages on the battery.   It is dead.  It is non responsive.      I connected it to the charger and it is dead

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. The error messages give us essential hints on what probably caused the firmware update failure. Thus, we suggest our customer tell us details and screenshots as more as possible.
2021-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz Posted at 10-4 08:32
an update.     I purchased a refurbished I2 with a new zenmuse x7.          Works to this point but does not hold a steady position at flight rest.

Hello, there. Would you please check the following things?
1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.
3. Confirm that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration.
4. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated.
5. If the problem persists, please shoot a video for us.
2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-7 22:30
Hello, there. Would you please check the following things?
1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.

Thanks.....the above helped
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_6nXk0WCA99vz
lvl.1
United States

update.   sent the original inspire 2 in.   was fixed under warranty and turned in ten days.     Compliments on the warranty repair system.      Just wish it was easier to determine when there is a hardware fail vs software.  thanks
2021-10-18
Use props
fans15ad67b7
lvl.1

South Africa

Does anybody know what this message means ‘ tracking command timeout’ is there a fix for it? I’m unable to use spotlit, active track etc. please assist
2023-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules