1025 5 2021-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nroberts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3222887 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else experienced a gimbal overload error during normal, non-windy flight? It seems to be happening to my drone a lot lately and has ruined a ton of footage. It has never been in an accident and stays in its case when not flying. Nothing appears to be physically wrong but I'm hoping there might be a suggestion for something I can do to rememdy the issue. I've linked to a quick 9 second video. The gimbal starts shaking immediately followed by total failure seconds later and a gimbal overload message appears. After a few minutes the gimbal corrects itself and I can continue filming again until the next time it happens.

2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please check the things below first and then tell us the feedback?
1. Please check whether the gimbal protector, the gimbal buckle, or the gimbal protection sticker has been removed before powering on the aircraft. If the gimbal motor is overloaded for this reason, please remove the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle and then power on the aircraft again.
2. Check whether your aircraft has been powered on when it is placed on an uneven surface or when a foreign object has jammed the gimbal, the gimbal motor may become overloaded.
3. Please unfold the frame arm before powering on the aircraft to prevent the propellers on the rear aircraft arm from obstructing and jamming the gimbal.
4. Could you please tell us under which mode you flew the drone?
2021-9-24
Use props
nroberts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3222887 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-24 20:35
Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please check the things below first and then tell us the feedback?
1. Please check whether the gimbal protector, the gimbal buckle, or the gimbal protection sticker has been removed before powering on the aircraft. If the gimbal motor is overloaded for this reason, please remove the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle and then power on the aircraft again.
2. Check whether your aircraft has been powered on when it is placed on an uneven surface or when a foreign object has jammed the gimbal, the gimbal motor may become overloaded.

Hi Thanks for your reply.
The gimbal is free from obstructions as you indicate in the first 3 points. It happens in P mode.
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

nroberts Posted at 9-25 14:08
Hi Thanks for your reply.
The gimbal is free from obstructions as you indicate in the first 3 points. It happens in P mode.

Hello, there. Thanks for your feedback. Please check whether an additional accessory (such as a filter) is mounted on the gimbal and camera. If there is an additional accessory, attach the original lens to the gimbal and camera. Check whether the issue has been solved.
2021-9-29
Use props
fabriciosombrio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18550 ft

Brazil

Same here! This is a shame! since the release of mavic 2 pro gimbal failure records... destabilization, unresponsive to movement. DJI Should recall these products and exchange them!
2021-10-27
Use props
fans0eb240ad
New
United States

I had the same problem and a very similar situation. I sent it to dji and now they want me to pay $500 to replace the main board and the axis arm module. I also baby my dji and never hit anything. I originally sent it in because it kept giving me a "magnetic interference warning" on the remote.

I don't see how my drone possibly malfunctioned. The flight before I had landed it fine and it was working with no errors. When I turned it back on it would get this error about a magnetic interference, but then sometimes it wouldn't (still wouldn't connect to the drone either way), so I thought it must be a firmware issue.

I sent it in and got this back:

"The Main Board was malfunctioned, which caused #APP error code: communication error#;
2. The Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Axis Arm Module was malfunctioned, which caused APP error code: gimbal motor overload and gimbal stability related issue. "
2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules