Mavic 2 Pro smart controller charging cube and cable
1825 39 2021-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

Just returned from a two week road trip to remote areas.  When attempting to recharge the smart controller, it did not seem to be accepting the charge, began to wonder if there was a problem.  Turns out that I had grabbed a non-DJI charging cube and USB/C cable.  The smart controller generated a message that said that non-DJI products will not charge very fast, and that I should buy an official DJI charging cable.  Over the last two days, I have spent hours on-line trying to find the official DJI charging cable.  No luck with DJI, so used the chat line for help.  Was told to go to on-line stores like eBay, Amazon, and DJI on-line store.  Could not find an official DJI charging cable anywhere.  Today I spent more time on the chat line; basically of little help.   Was told that there was something called an official facility, although the chat person could not explain the nature or location of such facility.  I was told that I could not contact this mysterious facility, that they would reach out to me.  Very frustrating.
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We're sorry to know about this. Kindly contact our Product Support for availability at our facility. Hope this helps.
2021-9-24
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 9-24 15:57
Hi there. We're sorry to know about this. Kindly contact our Product Support  for availability at our facility. Hope this helps.

No, this does not help.  I started there yesterday, have spent hours with no answer at all.  
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-24 15:59
No, this does not help.  I started there yesterday, have spent hours with no answer at all.

Hello, there. We sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused. We have checked the information through your email and found that there has been a case created for you. Could you please wait patiently? We will contact you as soon as possible during the working days. Thanks for understanding!
2021-9-24
Use props
mfries78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4615243 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

all samsung charger cube works perfectly for my dji products.
2021-9-24
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

mfries78 Posted at 9-24 23:04
all samsung charger cube works perfectly for my dji products.

Have a 45w on order!  Thanks.
2021-9-25
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-24 15:59

You are entering the world of dealing with Chinese companies. They do not understand how customers do not wait patiently when things are needed, and they don’t lift a finger when you need their help
2021-9-25
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-25 13:45
Have a 45w on order!  Thanks.

No, this does not work any better than my Apple charging cube/cable; still get the smart controller message that charging is slow and that I should use the cable that came with the drone for faster charging speeds.  I had to forego flights on my last road trip because it took so long to charge the remote controller with a non-DJI charging set-up.  
2021-9-26
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to get a charger/wall cube with "Quick Charge 3" (QC3).... As long as it is for the QC3 protocol, it will charge the Smart Controller as fast as possible.
You'll never find a "DJI" USB cable or charging cube and even if you did it is not necessary.

Just get a good quality USB C cable (I have excellent results with ANKER brand) to go with it and you will be fine...I have 3 different QC3 chargers...including a car cigar lighter adapter as well as a QC3 enabled portable battery ....and they all charge the SC at its full speed!

2021-9-27
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

jmb63 Posted at 9-27 04:53
You need to get a charger/wall cube with "Quick Charge 3" (QC3).... As long as it is for the QC3 protocol, it will charge the Smart Controller as fast as possible.
You'll never find a "DJI" USB cable or charging cube and even if you did it is not necessary.

I will investigate QC3, have not heard of this previously.  Someone advised that Samsung cubes will work, but that generates the same controller message of slow charging.  DJI advised me to check Amazon, eBay, etc. for chargers; finally found A BoxWave Corporation charger yesterday that is advertised specifically for my smart controller.  Will arrive today; hopefully it works.  I want three chargers on hand; one for home, one for the road, and one for back-up when I inevitable lose a cable along the way.  Thanks for the help.  
2021-9-27
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-27 06:42
I will investigate QC3, have not heard of this previously.  Someone advised that Samsung cubes will work, but that generates the same controller message of slow charging.  DJI advised me to check Amazon, eBay, etc. for chargers; finally found A BoxWave Corporation charger yesterday that is advertised specifically for my smart controller.  Will arrive today; hopefully it works.  I want three chargers on hand; one for home, one for the road, and one for back-up when I inevitable lose a cable along the way.  Thanks for the help.

Just received the Box Wave charger; advertised specifically for my smart controller.  It does not work any better than any other non-DJI product; my controller still advises me that charging is slow and that I should change to the DJI charger that came with the controller.  Despite the DJI message, it appears that DJI does not sell the Mavic 2 Pro smart controller charging cube/cable.  This is crazy!
2021-9-27
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-27 11:40
Just received the Box Wave charger; advertised specifically for my smart controller.  It does not work any better than any other non-DJI product; my controller still advises me that charging is slow and that I should change to the DJI charger that came with the controller.  Despite the DJI message, it appears that DJI does not sell the Mavic 2 Pro smart controller charging cube/cable.  This is crazy!
Yup, Forget the DJI charger for the SC...Any of these will work to charge at its max speed. I have the first two personally...Also, make sure you have a quality cable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Cha ... %2Caps%2C229&sr=8-5
2021-9-27
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-27 06:42
I will investigate QC3, have not heard of this previously.  Someone advised that Samsung cubes will work, but that generates the same controller message of slow charging.  DJI advised me to check Amazon, eBay, etc. for chargers; finally found A BoxWave Corporation charger yesterday that is advertised specifically for my smart controller.  Will arrive today; hopefully it works.  I want three chargers on hand; one for home, one for the road, and one for back-up when I inevitable lose a cable along the way.  Thanks for the help.

No; does not work.  Still get the controller message that charging is slow and that I should use the DJI charger that came with the controller.  
2021-9-29
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

jmb63 Posted at 9-27 19:59
Yup, Forget the DJI charger for the SC...Any of these will work to charge at its max speed. I have the first two personally...Also, make sure you have a quality cable

Do you actually have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro with a true smart controller?  I have now tried the advice of DJI and others on this group; none of the recommendations work.  Willing to spend a few more dollars trying your recommendations, if you have the same gear as I do.  Thanks.
2021-9-29
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-25 13:45
Have a 45w on order!  Thanks.

The "watts" are not the main driver. Charging voltage / current matter. The SC requires a charger capable of QC 3.0 / 12V-3A.
2021-9-29
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-29 16:42
Do you actually have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro with a true smart controller?  I have now tried the advice of DJI and others on this group; none of the recommendations work.  Willing to spend a few more dollars trying your recommendations, if you have the same gear as I do.  Thanks.

I do have a smart controller...I have used it with both a Mavic 2 Pro/zoom as well as an AIR2S.
I posted links to chargers that I use all the time for the SC and DO work to fast charge it....
Did you actually try a QC 3.0 charger? That is not a name or brand of charger, just the charging protocol
All this messing around you are doing what kind of cable are you using? I (as well as others) have made a comment/suggestion originally about making sure you have a good cable.... I use this one:

2021-9-30
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-29 16:42

He is a quick little video showing the ANKER QC 3 Charger, cable, Air2S and the SC and the SC going into "Fast Charge"   Sorry about the lighting....just dragged the stuff off the shelf to demonstrate..

2021-9-30
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

jmb63 Posted at 9-30 05:38
He is a quick little video showing the ANKER QC 3 Charger, cable, Air2S and the SC and the SC going into "Fast Charge"   Sorry about the lighting....just dragged the stuff off the shelf to demonstrate..

https://youtu.be/dlkBKnjumPw

You likely have a newer smart controller for a different drone than mine.  I have now tried 4 non-DJI charging cubes/cables (Apple, Samsung, BoxWave, and Anker) and none of them work.  Regardless, DJI appears to have located the desired part and will ship two charging cubes/cables to me.  Thanks for the help.  
2021-9-30
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 9-30 10:25
You likely have a newer smart controller for a different drone than mine.  I have now tried 4 non-DJI charging cubes/cables (Apple, Samsung, BoxWave, and Anker) and none of them work.  Regardless, DJI appears to have located the desired part and will ship two charging cubes/cables to me.  Thanks for the help.

I've had that Smart Controller for over a year and although I don't have the Mavic 2 any longer, I've used it extensively with that drone before using it with the Air2S... and ...before I sold the Mavic 2 I was using that controller with both of then!! So if there is any "newer version" for newer drones, that would be firmware ( mine is as current with firmware as it can be) and not any hardware.

Good Luck with the DJI stuff, I hope that solves your problem
2021-10-1
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

jmb63 Posted at 10-1 04:57
I've had that Smart Controller for over a year and although I don't have the Mavic 2 any longer, I've used it extensively with that drone before using it with the Air2S... and ...before I sold the Mavic 2 I was using that controller with both of then!! So if there is any "newer version" for newer drones, that would be firmware ( mine is as current with firmware as it can be) and not any hardware.

Good Luck with the DJI stuff, I hope that solves your problem

Thanks.  All firmware and software up to date.  Not sure what to make off all of this, but if DJI sends me replacement parts that work; all will be fine.  Appreciate help and keep flying!
2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 10-1 06:33
Thanks.  All firmware and software up to date.  Not sure what to make off all of this, but if DJI sends me replacement parts that work; all will be fine.  Appreciate help and keep flying!

Hello, bobarcand1-sp. Sorry for the late update. We have checked your case and found that you sent the email to our quote, which was an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.  May I double confirm that you want two same cables? Please keep us updating, we will pass your requirements to our designated team.
2021-10-7
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-7 23:19
Hello, bobarcand1-sp. Sorry for the late update. We have checked your case and found that you sent the email to our quote, which was an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.  May I double confirm that you want two same cables? Please keep us updating, we will pass your requirements to our designated team.

Yes, I want two charging cubes and cables.  How do I pay?
2021-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 10-8 06:20
Yes, I want two charging cubes and cables.  How do I pay?

Hello, there. Thanks for your reply. We have sent you a new quote, please confirm the units and click the payment link in the email. If you have any questions, please contact our support through email. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2021-10-8
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-8 22:55
Hello, there. Thanks for your reply. We have sent you a new quote, please confirm the units and click the payment link in the email. If you have any questions, please contact our support through email. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer

I want two complete charging units, including cables.  Your quote only seems to be for one cable.

Thanks, Bob
2021-10-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 10-9 06:58
I want two complete charging units, including cables.  Your quote only seems to be for one cable.

Thanks, Bob

Hello, there. Please check the new email. We have sent you the new quote already.
2021-10-10
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-10 02:44
Hello, there. Please check the new email. We have sent you the new quote already.

I have checked the quote several times; it is for ONE USB-C cable.  I need two cables.  Please adjust the quote so I can pay.  Thanks, Bob
2021-10-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 10-10 07:15
I have checked the quote several times; it is for ONE USB-C cable.  I need two cables.  Please adjust the quote so I can pay.  Thanks, Bob

Hello, there. We have checked your case. The new quote has been sent to you on 8th, Oct.
Items included:
USB-C data cable x1, AC power cable x2, 60w Power Adaptor x2
Total value: $115.28
Would you please confirm again? Or do you mean you need one more cable and others remain?
To quickly move on the process, you may send the email to our support.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2021-10-11
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

heres the oem charge cube. not sure where to get cable. i too have searched many hours

https://cloudcitydrones.com/prod ... EAQYASABEgK-q_D_BwE
2021-10-11
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-11 01:45
Hello, there. We have checked your case. The new quote has been sent to you on 8th, Oct.
Items included:

I need two USB-C cables, not one.  Rest of order is ok.
2021-10-11
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-11 01:45
Hello, there. We have checked your case. The new quote has been sent to you on 8th, Oct.
Items included:

Have you abandoned me?  I reviewed the quote but it is incorrect.  I need two USB-C cables, NOT ONE.  Are you still there?  Have heard no response in days.
2021-10-18
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Why not just but the USB C cables from Amazon. I have several plus a charging block from RAVPower that fast charges just fine.
2021-10-18
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

EFRPIC Posted at 10-18 08:56
Why not just but the USB C cables from Amazon. I have several plus a charging block from RAVPower that fast charges just fine.

Because they don't work.  I have tried just about every charging cube and cable out there - continue to get the same controller message that charging is slow and that I should switch to the DJI charger (cube + cable) that came with the controller.  I still have that one, but want back ups.  So far, DJI is very confused.
2021-10-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sounds like the real problem is the SC. I have used a Samsung, Lenovo, DJI and generic chargers and cords with zero problems. No slow charging. If still under warranty, I would send it back for replacement!!
2021-10-18
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-18 11:03
Sounds like the real problem is the SC. I have used a Samsung, Lenovo, DJI and generic chargers and cords with zero problems. No slow charging. If still under warranty, I would send it back for replacement!!

The problem does not seem to be with the controller, the charger that came with it works just fine.  Any other combination of non-DJI components does not work.  All I want to do is purchase two replacement chargers, but DJI is totally confused.  Have wasted hours of time; very frustrating.  Thanks for the help.
2021-10-18
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Charger I have:   https://www.ravpower.com/products/rp-pc006-36w-usb-quick-charger
Cables: 6' https://smile.amazon.com/gp/prod ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2021-10-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

bobarcand1-sp Posted at 10-18 13:28
The problem does not seem to be with the controller, the charger that came with it works just fine.  Any other combination of non-DJI components does not work.  All I want to do is purchase two replacement chargers, but DJI is totally confused.  Have wasted hours of time; very frustrating.  Thanks for the help.

OEM charger from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Intel ... 4597404&sr=8-23
2021-10-18
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-18 14:57
OEM charger from Amazon.

While I appreciate the help; this charger is not designed for the Mavic 2 Pro.  I bought a charger from Amazon that was specifically advertised for the Mavic, 2 Pro, but just like all the others, it does not charge properly.  Still get the error message to use the charger that came with the controller.  Still trying for a simple replacement from DJI, but they seem lost.
2021-10-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Does it still charge with the OEM charger and cable?
2021-10-18
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-18 16:13
Does it still charge with the OEM charger and cable?

Yes, that is the only combination of charging cube and cable that works.  I have high quality cables and lots of cubes, but all generate that annoying slow charging message.  I am just trying to purchase two replacement charging systems from DJI for my smart controller; one for travel and one for back-up when I inevitably lose one!  Will keep plugging along; approached DJI today from a different angle, as DJI suggested in this forum.  Have already tried that and seem to have been abandoned.  Life in the high tech world!
2021-10-18
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As above...Good luck with getting them from DJI

Could you share the ones you DID buy/ try? Model#'s or even better, product links maybe? Include the cables you tried?
It is curious that there are quite a few people (including myself) that have shared links to products ( QC 3.0 enabled units) that have been proven to work to fast charge the SC and everything you have tried didn't work?  I now see that you are just interested only in purchasing the DJI units and any other suggestions are just falling on deaf ears
Contrary to what you say that you have experienced and what you are now "sure" of... there ARE other chargers out there that will fast charge the SC ...If you really want to just keep banging on DJI's door with this, get comfortable, it will be a long wait
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules