360 photo nodal point
1310 1 2021-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Mongolia

Hey guys. My company recently rented a Ronin SC pro for some video work. We also do a lot of 360 photography for clients and I was wondering if many people use the Ronin instead of a pano head. My concern is in finding the nodal point, but in doing so, upsetting the balance of the gimble.
One other question. We tend to shoot 9 exposure bracketed shots. Any motion will cause ghosting. How steady is the Ronin for this kind of photography?

2021-9-25
Use props
Black Pete
lvl.1

Germany

You won't upset the balance if there's enough room for counterweights. Depends on the camera's weight.  I'm trying to get my smaller Ronin SC ready for panoramas myself.

No problem: My setup is light, so I have room for counterweights. Big problem: the Ronin won't work the shutter. I didn't think that the Canon 100d was an obscure camera.

Next problem: check whether there's enough room to fit the camera on the Ronin. If the nodal point shoves the camera too far back, it might collide with the Ronin.

I am hooking a gyro to an arduino to build a motion detect shutter release at the moment. When that works, I can start checking out panoramas.

2021-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules