Has any had or done a Failsafe RTH with the drone in clear sight.
590 5 2021-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recently 'reread' the procedure that the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom follows during the initial Failsafe response. It was a bit surprising in that it retraces the last 60sec of flight, if I had read that before I had obviously forgotten it. I am now curious has anyone actually seen their drone do this? It might save me experimenting.

2021-9-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

it basically does as it says on the tin, try it its quite safe just turn off RC and it will happen.
2021-9-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, i did try this. No surprises as it works as decribed in the manual.

cheers
JJB
2021-9-25
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I'll try mine when I get it back fom Dji. Sent it to the Netherlands. Don' t think it has arrived there yet.
2021-9-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen it NOT do that at least twice, so there are exceptions. One time I noticed that was in a low power/battery RTH, so it was taking the shortest path, not a retrace. The other time it was in active track mode and lost communications and it came straight back. Also, I don't think it retraces in a manually initiated RTH either.

2021-9-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I will give it a go.

As far as I can see retracing / reversing along the out bound flight path appiles only to Failsafe RTH's , I imagine the reason for that is that it is hoped it would regain the connection whilst retracing flown path, so that need is not present in connected RTH's,  
The manual does mention that if will not retrace the flight path if the drone is over 2km away or less than 60m away.

It's a complicated beastie, lol
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules