Mapping with Air 2s
10243 5 2021-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glendhu DJI
lvl.1
New Zealand

I want to take photos of a property around 2 acres in size. I want to be able to make an accurate map of the property that is not distorted.
'drone mapping' is what I think I need but google says that there is no solution for me to use my mavic air 2s.
Drone deploy looks like a top quality comercial solution that is overkill and not compatible with the Airs 2s. There is mention in their faq page that DJI will make this compatible in a future firmware update.

Do you know if this is correct or if there is another way i could do this?

Maybe I could program a grid patern into the drone to take evenly spaced photos and stich in photoshop or similar?

TIA.

2021-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use Drone Deploy and M2P for doing this and it works great,  there's also a free tool call WebODM,  however until the SDK supports the Air2S you could only do the photo taking manually.
2021-9-26
Use props
mini2qc
New
Canada

Seems like it would be so easy to impliment in the app.  However I do in manually by flying a stupid grid pattern and manually taking photos that i then stitch using Microsoft ICE.
2021-10-8
Use props
hpz2943
New
Flight distance : 46447 ft

Germany

How accurate is air 2s mapping?
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hpz2943 Posted at 6-4 23:39
How accurate is air 2s mapping?

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry, but this is currently not supported for the DJI Air 2S. Mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. We recommend you check the DJI Enterprise products which support such function. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-5
Use props
Lepatxuri
lvl.2

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 6-5 02:49
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry, but this is currently not supported for the DJI Air 2S. Mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. We recommend you check the DJI Enterprise products which support such function. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello, since the sdk for the Air 2s was released, you can do mapping with third-party applications, look for Litchi or Dronelink, for example. With them you can program an automatic flight covering the area you want to map.
Once the photos are obtained, you have different software with which to join these georeferenced photos.
All the best.
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules