12Next >
48946 79 2021-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo999
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I’m a complete Newbie, ordered a DJI Mini 2, being delivered tomorrow.

Thought I’d get ahead of the game, and download the Fly App.

However, when I go to Play Store (Samsung Galaxy S21 Android) the App downloads but keeps failing to install.

Also tried on a Motorola E6 Play, also Android, but the same happens.

Tried going to the Website, tried both the Android and Beta versions but still no luck !

Any help would be much appreciated

2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know the current Android system do you have on your phone? Please try to completely uninstall the DJI Fly app from the mobile device, delete the app files and install again, please download the latest version from the DJI official website: https://www.dji.com/ch/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. See if this helps.
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble that this has caused. If you experience an error message "App not installed", please try to download the said application using our website using the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-9-25
Use props
Ricardo999
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your replies

I have already tried downloading from the website, the same link as you posted, but will not install

I have eventually downloaded AND installed it from the Galaxy Store.

I’m just waiting for the aircraft to be delivered, fingers crossed  !
2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ricardo999 Posted at 9-26 03:57
Thanks for your replies

I have already tried downloading from the website, the same link as you posted, but will not install

Thanks for your update. Hope you will receive the drone soon. If you made the order from DJI official online store, you also can PM me the order number, I'd like to help you keep an eye on it.

2021-9-26
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Try installing it from the Galaxy Store it worked for me
2021-9-26
Use props
Ricardo999
lvl.1
United Kingdom

robpri Posted at 9-26 22:59
Try installing it from the Galaxy Store it worked for me

I did just that
all working fine
2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_OmgRHNiqaHDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3433209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fly app is not installing.  I've tried multi times I have a S21 ultra.  If uninstalled and it still won't open the file,  what's going on with this app ?
2022-1-20
Use props
Brian_geezer
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded the Fly app to my Motorola Moto G Power, and when I try to install it, it just hangs.  Actually it appears to open my SecurID app that  I use for work, and it just goes around in circles.  Is this phone not compatible?  I would hate to return the product to the store for that reason..  Thanks for any tips!
2022-2-12
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Brian_geezer Posted at 2-12 17:39
I downloaded the Fly app to my Motorola Moto G Power, and when I try to install it, it just hangs.  Actually it appears to open my SecurID app that  I use for work, and it just goes around in circles.  Is this phone not compatible?  I would hate to return the product to the store for that reason..  Thanks for any tips!

You need to enable installing apps from 3rd party/other/insecure sources (the different versions of Android call it different things) in your phone's ecurity settings.

You then just need to open the apk file on your phone and choose the install option if you get a choice dialog pop up.

Is this your own phone or a work supplied phone? If work supplied and SecureID opening up it could be because your employer has locked down the phone

Othwrwise, while there are No guarantees that the app will run OK, there is no reason it wouldn't install.
2022-2-13
Use props
Brian_geezer
lvl.1
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-13 13:09
You need to enable installing apps from 3rd party/other/insecure sources (the different versions of Android call it different things) in your phone's ecurity settings.

You then just need to open the apk file on your phone and choose the install option if you get a choice dialog pop up.

It's my phone, so I deleted the SecurID app.  Now it says can't open file when I try to run it.  I'll keep working on it..  Thanks very much for the reply, I appreciate it!
2022-2-13
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

When there file downloads is it an .apk file?

Are you able to post a screenshot of the error saying that your phone can't open it?
2022-2-14
Use props
Purple7
New
Flight distance : 79452 ft
United States

Brian_geezer Posted at 2-13 16:43
It's my phone, so I deleted the SecurID app.  Now it says can't open file when I try to run it.  I'll keep working on it..  Thanks very much for the reply, I appreciate it!

I'm in the same boat. APK file will not open. First attempt to open the file and it started up the CAD software app on my phone. After deleting that, it now reads "Can't Open File"

This is with my Google Pixel 4a
2022-2-15
Use props
Brian_geezer
lvl.1
United States

Purple7 Posted at 2-15 10:30
I'm in the same boat. APK file will not open. First attempt to open the file and it started up the CAD software app on my phone. After deleting that, it now reads "Can't Open File"

This is with my Google Pixel 4a

I got past that by downloading an older version of the Fly app from apkmirror.com
I got 1.4.0 and was able to install that.  Now I'm stuck with the phone not talking to the RC..  

Update - after getting 1.4.0 installed, I was able to successfully update it to the current version.  Still won't talk to the RC though.  

2022-2-15
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brian_geezer Posted at 2-15 12:44
I got past that by downloading an older version of the Fly app from apkmirror.com
I got 1.4.0 and was able to install that.  Now I'm stuck with the phone not talking to the RC..

When you downloaded the latest version from the DJI website, did the filename that was downloaded end in .apk?
2022-2-15
Use props
Brian_geezer
lvl.1
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-15 13:07
When you downloaded the latest version from the DJI website, did the filename that was downloaded end in .apk?

I think so, but not certain, sorry.  I now have it up to the current version of the Fly app, but it still won't connect to the RC.  Message in Fly app says RC not connected to mobile device.  The drone is blinking red and green alternating.
Thanks for your support!
2022-2-15
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brian_geezer Posted at 2-15 13:16
I think so, but not certain, sorry.  I now have it up to the current version of the Fly app, but it still won't connect to the RC.  Message in Fly app says RC not connected to mobile device.  The drone is blinking red and green alternating.
Thanks for your support!

I can't help with the not connecting issue I'm afraid, unless you have the wrong end of the USB-C cable connected.

When you look at the front of the controller the right hand end of the cable should be connected to the RC and the end you pulled out of the left should be connected to the phone.

Out of interest, and for others who might have the same problem, how did you get up to the latest Fly app version in the end?
2022-2-15
Use props
Brian_geezer
lvl.1
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-15 14:14
I can't help with the not connecting issue I'm afraid, unless you have the wrong end of the USB-C cable connected.

When you look at the front of the controller the right hand end of the cable should be connected to the RC and the end you pulled out of the left should be connected to the phone.

Hi, yes, I am not using the dummy port on the RC, so we're good there.  I've tried a couple different cables.  After all this trouble honestly I'm about ready to return it, pay the restocking fee, and get something else.

I downloaded Fly version 1.4.0 from apkmirror.com and got it to install, then upgraded by following the prompts after logging in to my account within the app.  
2022-2-15
Use props
hardanders
New
Flight distance : 44751 ft
United States

I am experiencing this issue myself now.

None of the downloads/installs from either the DJI website, Galaxy Store, or Play Store will open
I have also installed all available versions via apkmirror.com and none of those work either.

I will be going on a trip soon and would love for this to be working.

Does anyone have any suggestions or resolutions for this issue?
2022-2-25
Use props
hardanders
New
Flight distance : 44751 ft
United States

And of course, as soon I post this, I get it working.

It still not update to the most recent version of the app and will constantly fail, but I do appear to have a working version at least...
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_eZpjqsimIjOz
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I have just ordered the DJI mini Se. I HAVE A SAMSUNG A51, downloaded the DJI Fly file from the DJI download centre but the file cannot be opened. Any idea folks. Thanks  
2022-3-21
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

djiuser_eZpjqsimIjOz Posted at 3-21 13:47
Hi, I have just ordered the DJI mini Se. I HAVE A SAMSUNG A51, downloaded the DJI Fly file from the DJI download centre but the file cannot be opened. Any idea folks. Thanks

What's the error it is giving you?
2022-3-21
Use props
GavinHR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8379662 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My video should help

2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_AsNSM8CwwtGK
New

United States

Ricardo999 Posted at 2021-9-26 03:57
Thanks for your replies

Fly app will not download
2022-4-7
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
United States

Where are you attempting to download it from?
2022-4-7
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

The Android App Store issue is complicated and not directly DJI's fault, but it certainly is a big mess that confuses less tech-savvy users  (and even some tech savvy ones)...

DJI should really make it much clearer that their apps are not available in the conventional Android App Store, and provide some instructions regarding how to enable external apk files for installation.

Looking at their download page, you get no sense you need to do anything special.
2022-4-7
Use props
djiuser_eH2BgKqSoydx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18880502 ft
United States

Help I can't  install the app either on my MotoG android 8.1
I may need to turn the drone if i can't use the app any ideas
I have tried everything
2022-4-21
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
United States

Never mind my help request.   I found out I can use a compatible phone or tablet and it does not require it to have a working  sim card in order to use the fly app as long as the device has wifi capabilities. So I bought a refurbished Iphone9 last night to use as a dedicated device Just for my new mini 2,  so I won't have to use my primary MotoG phone after all.  Its nice to know i don't need Mobil data to use the DJI Fly app.
2022-4-22
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 4-22 14:58
Never mind my help request.   I found out I can use a compatible phone or tablet and it does not require it to have a working  sim card in order to use the fly app as long as the device has wifi capabilities. So I bought a refurbished Iphone9 last night to use as a dedicated device Just for my new mini 2,  so I won't have to use my primary MotoG phone after all.  Its nice to know i don't need Mobil data to use the DJI Fly app.

Happy you found a solution.

You don't even need a wifi connection though.
2022-4-22
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-22 17:05
Happy you found a solution.

You don't even need a wifi connection though.

I thought I need the wifi on the phone to download the updates and firmware ?
2022-4-22
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 4-22 17:33
I thought I need the wifi on the phone to download the updates and firmware ?

Yeah, but to fly, you don't need any connection.

You can use the DJI Assistant to install firmware updates.
2022-4-22
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
United States

Good info thanks ,  I'm a newbie so I am still learning
2022-4-22
Use props
djiuser_zRKBykD2GNEk
lvl.1

Malta

Could you please add support for the oneplus 10 pro?? I cant use my drone without the app...
2022-4-28
Use props
Calibre Aerial 4
New

United Kingdom

How difficult can it be to install the DJI app on android. I have tried multiple time and I just cant believe how frustrating this has become. Anyone?
2022-5-14
Use props
GavinHR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8379662 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibre Aerial 4 Posted at 5-14 02:05
How difficult can it be to install the DJI app on android. I have tried multiple time and I just cant believe how frustrating this has become. Anyone?

watch the video i posted above
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_MN42tJCamgKx
New
Flight distance : 182789 ft
United States

DJI fly app will not install fresh install new phone permissions given like this is not my first rodeo app is downloaded but it keep saying app not installed I tried from your website The Links Below in the forums and I would really love to fly it this weekend at my Grandpa's birthday party
2022-5-24
Use props
Adrew
New

Romania

Hello there
  Same issue here. I cant instal GJI Fly on my Realme Gt5. On Samsung S series it was 5 seconds. ``App not installed`` i dowloaded it from official website still no luck. Any advice ?
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_ipoTD4YlrLuz
New

United States

Download Mod APK of that at uptomods.com
2022-7-15
Use props
djiuser_oK5wtaE54wCp
New

United States

Won't install, I've tried everything