OSMO 4 compatibility with iPhone 13 Pro Max
24041 14 2021-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CJLiu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116184 ft
United States

Just got my iPhone 13 Pro max on Sep. 25, and tried it with OSMO 4, here are the results:
1. The clamp works fine with a plastic case in use and can handle the weight and size of Pro Max.
2. Bluetooth connection can be established, no problem.
3. However, the M button cannot switch between photo and video modes.
4. The zoom slider does not work either to change the zoom.
5. Photo and video, plus burst photo can be taken successfully, respectively, when in either of the two modes, configured on the iPhone.
6. The gimble cannot fully keep the phone in an upright landscape or portrait posture. Not sure if there is a way to calibrate and correct that?
2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CJLiu. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 13 Pro Max ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM 4. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 4 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 13 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en5.pdf ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list. Thank you.
2021-9-26
Use props
CJLiu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116184 ft
United States

Update on Sep. 27:

Right before getting the OSMO4 ready for return to Amazon.com for refund, I tested it with my iPhone 13 Pro Max one more time. Surprisingly, this time it actually worked - the M button single press could switch between photo and video mode and the zoom slider functioned correctly too. Not sure why. But it just worked. So, I am keeping the OSMO 4 for further testing. Thanks.

2021-9-27
Use props
RicPDX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35774 ft
  • >>>
United States

@CJLiu How has the general stability of shots been for you? I have an Osmo 3 and purchased an OM 5 and iPhone 13 Pro Max at nearly the same time. DJI was kind enough to allow me to return the OM 5 when I discovered that it apparently lacked the power/torque to stabilize the phone. There were other issues, as well, including glitchy lens-switching while zooming.

I really like the magnet clip-on feature. That would be a real game-changer for me and would go for one of those (they're still available, it seems) if it worked reasonably well.

One thing I discovered with the OM 5 is that the more carefully the phone is balanced in the grip, the better chance it has of working well. I think that the OM 4 may lack the horizontal balance adjustment that the Osmo 3 has and that may be an issue with the 13 Pro's camera panel.

Ric
2021-10-16
Use props
djiuser_UNAELU55UrlD
New

United States

Anyone with iphone 13 Pro (not max) able to use DJI OM4 with the phone?
2021-10-18
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_UNAELU55UrlD Posted at 10-18 10:58

iPhone 12 Pro Max with MoonDog Labs filter adapter and 52mm ND filter. No issues on my OM4, returned the OM5 as was absolutely crap.
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_uoxaQrrI5gll
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,
I bought an OM4 se for my iPhone 13 pro because I thought it was compatible - which it isn't as we all know meanwhile.
The question is how long it might take to expect a software update or firmware update (?) to solve the problem. If the probability that it will come at all is low, I'll have to send the OM4 se right back to the vendor.
Does anybody have information about likelihood and timing?
2021-11-12
Use props
djiuser_5F4Bd6uy23nf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just bought the OM4 SE for use with my iPhone 13 Pro and I can’t even get the gimbal to activate through the mimo app
2021-11-17
Use props
djiuser_sfi52AWaB7Sb
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Just tried it yesterday for the first time. I upgraded from iPhone 11 Pro to iPhone 13 pro. So the app was already on my new phone. I placed the magnet on the phone without a cover, placed on gimbal and launched the app. It asked for Bluetooth connection and did it without a problem. All the buttons seem to work but the tracking shots came out jittery. Maybe the phone is on the heavy side or the Clíp needs different placement. Also when I first attached it to the gimbal the phone was not perfectly upright but slanted. I had to use the motors to make it upright
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_sfi52AWaB7Sb
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Also sometimes the gimbal head came out in the shot. See attached image. Right edge
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_sfi52AWaB7Sb
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Also no matter where I place the clip the gimbal doesn’t place the phone or image level with the horizon or horizontal axis. It is always slanted one way or the other
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_sfi52AWaB7Sb
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Also no matter where I place the clip the gimbal doesn’t place the phone or image level with the horizon or horizontal axis. It is always slanted one way or the other
2021-12-23
Use props
JayJay1
New

Australia

HI

A lot of the discussion has been around the Iphone 13 Pro and Max. I was wondering if anyone has used a normal iphone 13 with the DJI 4SE, and whether it has worked ok?

Cheers

Jason
2022-1-9
Use props
JLDG
lvl.1

United States

My iPhone 13 Pro Max plus OSMO 4 worked well when I was shooting video around my home (strong WiFi signal). But, when I shot video in a downtown urban outdoor area (no WiFi), all the video was lost. It did not show up anywhere, including the MIMO app. Anybody know why?
2022-5-19
Use props
JLDG
lvl.1

United States

JLDG Posted at 5-19 17:30
My iPhone 13 Pro Max plus OSMO 4 worked well when I was shooting video around my home (strong WiFi signal). But, when I shot video in a downtown urban outdoor area (no WiFi), all the video was lost. It did not show up anywhere, including the MIMO app. Anybody know why?

Does it have something to do with the fact that my video gets uploaded to iCloud? Without WiFi, the MIMO app would have to use cellular data to upload to iCloud. Will it do that if the MIMO app setting for "Mobile Network" is OFF?
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules