DJI Air 2S and ADS-B Europe
5593 9 2021-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Just want to share my experience here.The ADB-S capabilities of the Air 2S have been subject of great discution, especially in Europe, where many people say it doesnt work.
Even some moderators here have said that ADS-B was only available in US.
Well today ive got the decisive prof that it WORKS in Europe.
I had my first ADS-B warning today! It warned me of a maned aircraft nearby, it was a small private jet, and it showed is location in the map.
I must say that it worked pretty well.

2021-9-26
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It works, but few planes use ADS-B in Europe yet.
2021-9-26
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 9-26 10:24
It works, but few planes use ADS-B in Europe yet.

Yes you are right. But until today i had serious doubts about a working ADB-S on my Air 2S. At least now i know that its working.
2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Miguel Leitao. Good day and thank you for these information you have given on this matter. In addition to this the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

2021-9-27
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I believe that in the USA it has been/ will be mandated, where as in Europe it is only encouraged.
2021-9-27
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

I like the feature.  Granted, I have yet to get a warning where I didn't already hear the aircraft, but it's good to know the warning is there for the time coming I don't hear/see the aircraft.
2021-10-7
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

As most of flights at low altitude are made by helicopters (mostly medical) without ADS-B, the "pay attention always" remains your best friend.
2021-10-20
Use props
Hyggen Aviator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1055610 ft
Norway

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 2021-10-20 00:41
As most of flights at low altitude are made by helicopters (mostly medical) without ADS-B, the "pay attention always" remains your best friend.

I had my first warning yesterday - an air ambulance helicopter passing through the area. I have an ADS receiver at home as well, feeding into Flight Radar 24, and as I can see, all ambulance-, SAR- and offshore helicopters have ADS, all the light airplanes belonging to a flight school in the region, and a lot of other light aircraft as well. And all jet airliners of course (which should never be in conflict with us anyway...). This is in Norway (Europe) - don't know how it is elsewhere, but I believe it is becoming more widespread, since it is part of the transponder, which is mandatory in many airspaces, and I guess newer ones wil have ADS built in?
2022-2-24
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hyggen Aviator Posted at 2-24 08:54
I had my first warning yesterday - an air ambulance helicopter passing through the area. I have an ADS receiver at home as well, feeding into Flight Radar 24, and as I can see, all ambulance-, SAR- and offshore helicopters have ADS, all the light airplanes belonging to a flight school in the region, and a lot of other light aircraft as well. And all jet airliners of course (which should never be in conflict with us anyway...). This is in Norway (Europe) - don't know how it is elsewhere, but I believe it is becoming more widespread, since it is part of the transponder, which is mandatory in many airspaces, and I guess newer ones wil have ADS built in?

The Russian jet fighters have transponders deactivated, so...
2022-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules