DJI Fly App with Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
9667 10 2021-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UliMitteleuropa
lvl.1
Germany

Hello, I have my DJI Mini 2 controlled with Samsung Galaxy S7 very well. Unfortunately  my S7 is defect. I would like to buy a new Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G with Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor.
Does this smartphone operate the DJI Fly App with my DJI Mini 2?
Thanks for your answer.

2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there UliMitteleuropa. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G ) that you want to use on your DJI Mini 2 and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly  application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ) . Thank you.
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_jr3aMDYiCyxd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105013 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-26 17:33
Hello there UliMitteleuropa. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G ) that you want to use on your DJI Mini 2 and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly  application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ) . Thank you.

Here's a bit of information to help with that compatibility phone list. Instead of focusing on the model of phone you need to focus on what chipset you have. Just for an example the Snapdragon 865 chipset has the correct architecture and no matter what phone the 865 chipset is in the architecture is the same
2021-10-2
Use props
UliMitteleuropa
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_jr3aMDYiCyxd Posted at 10-2 09:17
Here's a bit of information to help with that compatibility phone list. Instead of focusing on the model of phone you need to focus on what chipset you have. Just for an example the Snapdragon 865 chipset has the correct architecture and no matter what phone the 865 chipset is in the architecture is the same

Thanks for the information. My Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G has the Snapdragon 865 processor.
And my DJI Mini 2 seems to work proper with this Phone for the functions I have checked till now.
2021-10-10
Use props
Ton_NL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40351 ft
Netherlands

Hi there,

I experienced the same problems with the DJI Go 4 app I was using for a few years for my Spark. Since I switched from my Huawei P20 to the Samsung S20 FE 5G the app stopped working. Updating the app in the App-store didn't work, but straight from the DJI website did. There I downloaded the APK version 4.3.46 to my S20 FE 5G and the app worked again.
Link for the download:

https://www.dji.com/nl/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-2-27
Use props
djiuser_RQVvbHv0s4rS
New
Flight distance : 157 ft
Canada

Ton_NL Posted at 2-27 08:42
Hi there,

I experienced the same problems with the DJI Go 4 app I was using for a few years for my Spark. Since I switched from my Huawei P20 to the Samsung S20 FE 5G the app stopped working. Updating the app in the App-store didn't work, but straight from the DJI website did. There I downloaded the APK version 4.3.46 to my S20 FE 5G and the app worked again.

I'm currently having issues with the app as well, on a Huawei P20 pro. I noticed it's not in the suggested android models list.
You were successfully using it on a P20 previously?

The app is installing fine for me, but when it opens it gets stuck on a screen telling me to click on "academy" to learn more, but nothing can be clicked on, the screen is totally frozen. I've reinstalled 4 times with no luck.

I also just bought a Google pixel 6 pro, was hoping that might solve my problem, but i just saw another user post they had problems with their pixel 6 pro as well.

If I'd known DJI apps were this problematic I probably wouldn't have bought my mini 2. Now I've got $2k in high tech gear I can't use, or return, since it's out of the box!
2022-2-27
Use props
djiuser_RQVvbHv0s4rS
New
Flight distance : 157 ft
Canada

djiuser_RQVvbHv0s4rS Posted at 2-27 19:03
I'm currently having issues with the app as well, on a Huawei P20 pro. I noticed it's not in the suggested android models list.
You were successfully using it on a P20 previously?

Update to my last post: I got the app working on my Huawei P20 pro - I had to go into settings and change the text display size slightly smaller. Now the screen that I thought was frozen has a visible "skip" button!
2022-2-28
Use props
atbattson
New

United States

I just got a Samsung S20 FE 5G through Verizon. Initially my back ups installed the DJI fly app from my LG V40 ThinQ so I thought it would work with my DJI Mavic Air 2 but the app crashed on initially loading. Eventually I managed to disable the security lock outs and install the newer DJI Fly app from DJI after downloading it. Since then it has started and run fine.
2022-6-27
Use props
Agphotowings
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649744 ft
Australia

UliMitteleuropa Posted at 2021-10-10 02:34
Thanks for the information. My Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G has the Snapdragon 865 processor.
And my DJI Mini 2 seems to work proper with this Phone for the functions I have checked till now.

My S20 + 5G has  EXY Nos 990 processor. One day is working fine...next refused to open on my Mavic Pro tried numerous times to update and receive notice that I need to wait for bug to be fixed....for how long?
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_qHsngqWCGb6k
New

United States

Ton_NL Posted at 2022-2-27 08:42
Hi there,

I have a Samsung S20 FE 5G and downloaded the APK from the DJI site but I can not find the DJI Fly app on the Google Play Store.  Where dod finf the app to download?
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_qHsngqWCGb6k Posted at 5-18 09:50
I have a Samsung S20 FE 5G and downloaded the APK from the DJI site but I can not find the DJI Fly app on the Google Play Store.  Where dod finf the app to download?

Hi there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot download the app using Google Play. Can you confirm if you were able to install the app successfully after downloading the APK file from the DJI website?
2023-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules