Screenshot_20210918-170609.jpg

150 meter altitude zone? Um, here in USA, we can't fly higher than 120 anyhow

2021-9-26
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Yes, legally you can't fly over 120 meters, but if you so desire to break the law (which you of course shouldn't) it means that in that area the drone will not go higher than 150 meters no matter the settings, that means you are near an airport. Normally in areas far away from airports you are able to go (that doesn't mean you should) 500 meters high, which is both risky and illegal so don't do that.
2021-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never saw that before.
2021-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive never had that either.   very odd.
2021-9-27
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Not odd at all, my daughter lives on the flight path to leeds/Bradford Airport, but several miles from it, when it tried to take off up popped the altitude zone warning limited to 150m.
Look on the geo zone map and click on the fan going out from the runway.
2021-9-27
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

2021-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen that a couple of times here in northeast Florida.  Usually, when I approach a nearby Naval base.  
2021-9-27
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I was under the shelf at TUL. 2700 to 4700 ft. Of course, neither of those are 150 meters either

While I was there, a 737 flew over heading for the airport. Since he was a few hundred ft up and I was 30 ft up next to a 100ft tower, we were no bother to each other.

2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mYxUDPTjZ1bz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

Tentoes Posted at 9-27 04:36
I was under the shelf at TUL. 2700 to 4700 ft. Of course, neither of those are 150 meters either

While I was there, a 737 flew over heading for the airport. Since he was a few hundred ft up and I was 30 ft up next to a 100ft tower, we were no bother to each other.

Afternoon, I live in the TUL area and was wondering if you have recommendations on good places to fly and learn. I don't know how to direct message you, or change my name for that matter.
2021-9-27
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

djiuser_mYxUDPTjZ1bz Posted at 9-27 15:08
Afternoon, I live in the TUL area and was wondering if you have recommendations on good places to fly and learn. I don't know how to direct message you, or change my name for that matter.

But djiuser_mYxUDPTjZ1bz just rolls off the tongue!

First go to http://tentoes.me/ and roll down to where it says "Get your FAA required UAS recreational certificate," and do that exam (if you have not already). You can not fail it and it will only take a few minutes.

Then, get yourself the "Aloft" app for the phone you fly with.

Now, use the Aloft app to find a place with "Class G" airspace. Like head out of town onto a back road where there's nothing but field around you. Reservoir Hill might not be good as there are power lines and a tower to keep an eye on.

I still often go out to an empty space and just shoot vid.
2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mYxUDPTjZ1bz
lvl.3
United States

Tentoes Posted at 9-27 16:37
But djiuser_mYxUDPTjZ1bz just rolls off the tongue!

First go to http://tentoes.me/ and roll down to where it says "Get your FAA required UAS recreational certificate," and do that exam (if you have not already). You can not fail it and it will only take a few minutes.

Thanks for the app recommendation! I did the FAA test and printed the certificate, so all good there. I downloaded the Aloft app, and so far, I like the features it has over the B4UFLY app.

I live in S. Bixby, and have only flown in the field behind me, and only very little, as I get used to how the drone operates. Are there any drone clubs or organizations around the TUL area, that you're aware of?

Appreciate your feedback and recommendations.

Oh, and this username is going to drive me crazy!
2021-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tentoes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the said location from our DJI Fly Safe Geo Zone Map ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where you are trying to fly your DJI Air 2S to see if the said location has some flight restrictions. Thank you.
2021-9-27
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 19:29
Hello there Tentoes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the said location from our DJI Fly Safe Geo Zone Map ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where you are trying to fly your DJI Air 2S to see if the said location has some flight restrictions. Thank you.

Certainly caused no trouble. Just said I could not fly more than 30 meters above the maximum allowed altitude.

Here's your chart:

You see the flight path for runway 9.

I was at Reservoir Hill.

This was my Mavic Air 2. If you'd like to send me a 2S, I'd be glad to fly it for you
2021-9-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

djiuser_mYxUDPTjZ1bz Posted at 9-27 19:17
Thanks for the app recommendation! I did the FAA test and printed the certificate, so all good there. I downloaded the Aloft app, and so far, I like the features it has over the B4UFLY app.

I live in S. Bixby, and have only flown in the field behind me, and only very little, as I get used to how the drone operates. Are there any drone clubs or organizations around the TUL area, that you're aware of?

Oh! We are close! I'm in Bartlesville.

Open fields are nice. Nothing to blunder into. Used to be one within walking distance, but now I live close to the airport.
2021-9-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

djiuser_mYxUDPTjZ1bz Posted at 9-27 19:17

I live in S. Bixby, and have only flown in the field behind me, and only very little, as I get used to how the drone operates. Are there any drone clubs or organizations around the TUL area, that you're aware of?

User Name : Up in the top right corner is a magnifier, a bell and something else. Click the something else and select "Personal Homepage." In the menu on the left you'll see "Settings."  Click that. Then you can edit your user name.
2021-9-28
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

Tentoes Posted at 9-28 15:57
User Name : Up in the top right corner is a magnifier, a bell and something else. Click the something else and select "Personal Homepage." In the menu on the left you'll see "Settings."  Click that. Then you can edit your user name.

Thanks! Got it figured out, but had to use the desktop version, rather than mobile.

Yeah, there are a lot of great places around, I'm sure. I wanted to go to Keystone Lake today and film the Hobie Cat Nationals, but couldn't make it. Oh well, next time.

I flew around Bentley Park a little bit today, in one of the open softball fields. Only my 2nd day owning it, so I'm taking it slow and following YouTube training videos. Really don't want to crash it into the Arkansas river!
2021-9-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

RH009 Posted at 9-28 16:32
Thanks! Got it figured out, but had to use the desktop version, rather than mobile.

Yeah, there are a lot of great places around, I'm sure. I wanted to go to Keystone Lake today and film the Hobie Cat Nationals, but couldn't make it. Oh well, next time.

hehe I droned the bridge over the Arkansas river with a Spark. Wires and everything!

2021-9-28
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

Tentoes Posted at 9-28 17:33
hehe I droned the bridge over the Arkansas river with a Spark. Wires and everything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCOA5QGNwE&t=5s

Dang, look at that water! Reminds me of the flood a couple years back.... It's never that high! Great video!

I want to do the same over the pedestrian bridge, now that it's done and open. We walked it last weekend and it's nice. There's also 4-Wheelers that ride up and down the river on Riverside, that I think would be cool to capture, as well.
2021-9-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

RH009 Posted at 9-28 16:32

The bronze boy in the OKC bombing memorial held a little American flag for a few years. That was my doing. I drove by there every day, so I'd peek. If he didn't have his flag in his hand, I'd leave for work a little early and investigate.
2021-9-29
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

hehe Today an Airliner flew over at a couple thousand feet. ADS-B said, "Moderate Collision Risk." I was at 30 ft
2021-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules