Very annoying tracking problem
1464 14 2021-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

My wife is not moving out of her place, but the camera keeps jumping.  Come on DJI, it is time for you to fix those problems and release a new Firmware update.

2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Could you please try to perform the gimbal calibration to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-9-26
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Focus jump is normal as auto focus follows movement. Use manual focus.
2021-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing you are using autofocus.  Try using manual focus and you should no longer have an issue.
2021-9-27
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

alexmbraMav is not reporting a focus jump issue, but a camera pointing direction issue during face tracking.
I have to admit that the result of this issue is giving me headache...
I would just disable the face tracking.
2021-9-27
Use props
JohnAven
lvl.3
United States

Why not turn off face track.  You really don't need it for that shot.
2021-9-27
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Sweden

The whole point here is that a so old and basic issue it have to be fixed. Not using the tracking (an advertised function which it not works for this device), is not a solution. What about not buying the Pocket 2? This it may be the best solution for all the issues reported here and never fixed by DJI...
2021-9-27
Use props
James3342
lvl.3
United States

I'm having the same exact issue - it seems to be introduced recently.
2021-9-27
Use props
DJPJ
lvl.1

Canada

this is a hardware limitation that is NOT POSSIBLE to fix. the cpu just can't handle 4k tracking period. dji knows it and they are acting as if this issue does not exist. the only way to use tracking properly is to lower res to 1080p
2021-9-27
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

JohnAven Posted at 9-27 09:20
Why not turn off face track.  You really don't need it for that shot.

Because we like a small and smooth tracking, and also, because something she will move, recording from another angle, and we need the camera to track her. But not like this, jumping around.
2021-9-27
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

DJPJ Posted at 9-27 11:41
this is a hardware limitation that is NOT POSSIBLE to fix. the cpu just can't handle 4k tracking period. dji knows it and they are acting as if this issue does not exist. the only way to use tracking properly is to lower res to 1080p

Well, the OP 1 has a much better tracking with 4k.But OP1 has other problems.  Is this CPU worse than the one OP1 has?
2021-9-27
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

Coris Posted at 9-27 09:37
The whole point here is that a so old and basic issue it have to be fixed. Not using the tracking (an advertised function which it not works for this device), is not a solution. What about not buying the Pocket 2? This it may be the best solution for all the issues reported here and never fixed by DJI...

Thanks. I can't imagine how someone can think that this would be a focus problem.
2021-9-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Your wife head is moving up and down while talking, it's following her moves.
2021-9-28
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

johansenfoto Posted at 9-28 03:35
Your wife head is moving up and down while talking, it's following her moves.

Yes, but this is not what tracking is suppost to do.  At least not on all others tracking devices that I tested, even OP1 doesn't do that as well. Also, P2 even react to her hands sometimes.
2021-9-29
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

It is clear that the tracking is not working as it should.
I can confirm OP1 is not bouncing  like that
2021-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules