DJI Mavic 2 Pro Battery Issues
1604 5 2021-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_y64EJ28m0g1v
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to understand if a battery failing after less than 10 ​uses is normal. There haven't been any crashes and only DJI provided chargers have been used.

The battery for the most part has sat in my closet not being used. I understand batteries overtime go bad but aren't these supposed to be "intelligent batteries."

I've read others have had the same problem, but has DJI done anything to fix the problem aside from charging people for a replacement and making money.
2021-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. I regret the trouble you've been inflicted. Could you describe your issues on the batteries in more detail? If convenient, please give us the serial number of your batteries.

Besides, we believe every electronic product requires user's maintenance, especially for the battery. And to ensure the battery's health, we suggest that you store it at 40~65% power if you are going to have a long time not using it. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. Thank you.
https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/
2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_y64EJ28m0g1v
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-27 19:17
Hi, there. I regret the trouble you've been inflicted. Could you describe your issues on the batteries in more detail? If convenient, please give us the serial number of your batteries.

Besides, we believe every electronic product requires user's maintenance, especially for the battery. And to ensure the battery's health, we suggest that you store it at 40~65% power if you are going to have a long time not using it. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. Thank you.

Hello, I don't have the serial number on hand. Sent it to DJI but they are sending it back. Once I have it I'll provide it.

It's odd that only one out of three batteries went bad even though they were treated the same.
2021-9-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_y64EJ28m0g1v Posted at 9-28 08:42
Hello, I don't have the serial number on hand. Sent it to DJI but they are sending it back. Once I have it I'll provide it.

It's odd that only one out of three batteries went bad even though they were treated the same.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Please tell us more details about the issues, or if you have any things want to suggest, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-28
Use props
djiuser_nysKTn0rwrLJ
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here. Sent the battery to DJI and they lied to me and said the battery is fine. They sent it back with a sticker on it. It's not fine. It Still does not work. 10 cycles only on the battery. 175.00
is expensive for only 10 cycles. The rule of charging to 65%? It's ridiculous. I have 2 other batteries that are still in operation. I tried to upload pictures but the site crashes and will not allow me to. This is the 3rd attempt to post on this topic.
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_nysKTn0rwrLJ Posted at 6-26 17:14
Same problem here. Sent the battery to DJI and they lied to me and said the battery is fine. They sent it back with a sticker on it. It's not fine. It Still does not work. 10 cycles only on the battery. 175.00
is expensive for only 10 cycles. The rule of charging to 65%? It's ridiculous. I have 2 other batteries that are still in operation. I tried to upload pictures but the site crashes and will not allow me to. This is the 3rd attempt to post on this topic.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find your case number through your forum account. May I confirm if you're referring to the case in 2022? Could you please tell us more details about the battery issue? Do you mean the battery cannot be charged or it cannot power up the drone? You can upload the photo or video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here.
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules