Quickshot Panoromas stalling out at 50%
2132 15 2021-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
isinglass
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5347129 ft
United States

Is anybody else having issues downloading and stitching quickshot panoramas using DJI Fly? I have to manually stitch them using using DJI Media Maker. It would be much nicer if DJI Fly could successfully download over the Tx and stitch in DJI fly. I seems like every time I try, it reaches 50%, and just hangs there. It never proceeds.

Is DJI still actively developing DJI Fly? it seems like the updates have stopped, but there are a number of big bugs still out there; I've also experienced the crashing while flying, and I know iPhone people are having issues with charging and overheating.

I'm using DJI fly an Android.
2021-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please provide us a screenshot of the said issue and tell us the current app version? You may also update the app by downloading the latest app through our official website to see if it helps. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-9-27
Use props
isinglass
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-27 23:54
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please provide us a screenshot of the said issue and tell us the current app version? You may also update the app by downloading the latest app through our official website to see if it helps. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Thanks for responding. I'm using v1.4.8(1120-official) which -- I think -- is the most up to date android version. I'll post a screenshot later on when I have a chance to replicate the issue.
2021-9-28
Use props
isinglass
lvl.2
United States

Ok, this morning i took 4 quickshot 360 panoramas. I thought maybe the issue was lack of space on my device or something, so I cleared out 12 GB of space. I then attempted to download and stitch all 4 of them. One of them suceeded and went to 100% and successfully made a panorama. For the other three, the progress proceeded pretty quickly(within a minute or so) to 50%. It then stalled there. After 15 minutes, it was still stuck at 50%. Assuming it had failed, I exited the download, and re-attempted it. After doing this, it would just stay stuck at 0% and never proceed at all.

So in summary, 3 failed like this, and 1 successfully made a panorama. See attached screenshots for what I see when it stalls out at 50%, and what I see after exiting, and re-attempting the download, 0%.
Having it occasionally work, and then often not is especially frustrating.

Screenshot_20210928-094531.png
Screenshot_20210928-092132.png
2021-9-28
Use props
izabad
New

United States

did you get it fitted???
2022-9-24
Use props
clandrewtech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356752 ft
Canada

Having same issue with mini 3 I just bought.  This post is a couple of years old.  Did this ever get fixed or did you just hope to ignore long enough and it would go away?
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

clandrewtech Posted at 2-19 14:30
Having same issue with mini 3 I just bought.  This post is a couple of years old.  Did this ever get fixed or did you just hope to ignore long enough and it would go away?

Hi, clandrewtech. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. We want to help you further isolate and resolve this concern. And we need to collect the necessary data from you. May we ask about the current firmware version of the aircraft and the DJI Fly app version? Also, may we ask for a screenshot showing the issue for further checking? If you are using the RC-N1 with a mobile phone, kindly confirm the specific model of your device and the total remaining storage of it. We will be waiting for your update. Thanks for your cooperation.  
2023-2-19
Use props
clandrewtech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356752 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 20:57
Hi, clandrewtech. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. We want to help you further isolate and resolve this concern. And we need to collect the necessary data from you. May we ask about the current firmware version of the aircraft and the DJI Fly app version? Also, may we ask for a screenshot showing the issue for further checking? If you are using the RC-N1 with a mobile phone, kindly confirm the specific model of your device and the total remaining storage of it. We will be waiting for your update. Thanks for your cooperation.

Using DJI Fly App Version 1.9.4 (736) on Iphone XR ios version 16.1.1.  I can open and dowload video and other panoramas.  When I try a 360 sphere panorama it freezes at 50%
2023-2-20
Use props
CoastieCase
New
Flight distance : 37864 ft

United States

I am also having the same issue with my mini 3.  Using iOS 16.2, Fly app is up to date..
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CoastieCase Posted at 2-20 15:27
I am also having the same issue with my mini 3.  Using iOS 16.2, Fly app is up to date..

Hi, CoastieCase. Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry you are experiencing the same issue. Kindly provide us with the details requested in post #7 for further checking. Also, kindly confirm which specific DJI drone you are using. We hope to hear an update from you. Thank you.
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

clandrewtech Posted at 2-20 04:10
Using DJI Fly App Version 1.9.4 (736) on Iphone XR ios version 16.1.1.  I can open and dowload video and other panoramas.  When I try a 360 sphere panorama it freezes at 50%[view_image]

Thanks for the response. We'll forward this to our engineers for further checking. Thank you.
2023-2-21
Use props
CoastieCase
New
Flight distance : 37864 ft

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 00:34
Hi, CoastieCase. Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry you are experiencing the same issue. Kindly provide us with the details requested in post #7 for further checking. Also, kindly confirm which specific DJI drone you are using. We hope to hear an update from you. Thank you.

Current is Mini 3 with DJI RC
Aircraft firmware: 01.00.0100
RC Firmware: 01.02.0400
App static safety: 01.00.01.28
Aircraft static safety: 01.00.01.27

All firmware is reporting “up to date”.
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

clandrewtech Posted at 2-20 04:10
Using DJI Fly App Version 1.9.4 (736) on Iphone XR ios version 16.1.1.  I can open and dowload video and other panoramas.  When I try a 360 sphere panorama it freezes at 50%[view_image]

Hi there. Thanks for your patience. Please note that we just received a confirmation from our engineers. This issue has been located and is expected to be resolved in the next firmware and app update. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CoastieCase Posted at 2-21 15:34
Current is Mini 3 with DJI RC
Aircraft firmware: 01.00.0100
RC Firmware: 01.02.0400

Thanks for the update. Kindly refer to the information we posted in post #13. We're sorry for the trouble caused. Rest assured that our designated team are working to resolve this. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-2-21
Use props
kfong99
lvl.1

United States

I was hung up on the "50% queueing for stitching" prompt also.  I restarted my app and then they all processed fine.  This all happened after a firmware update, but it is possible the changes didn't take effect until the app was reset.
2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kfong99 Posted at 2-24 20:36
I was hung up on the "50% queueing for stitching" prompt also.  I restarted my app and then they all processed fine.  This all happened after a firmware update, but it is possible the changes didn't take effect until the app was reset.

Hi, kfong99. We're sorry you experienced the same concern. It's great to hear that you managed to complete the process. We assure you that our team is working to optimize this function. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules