Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is DJI asleep; have they lost the plot?
419 23 9-27 22:39
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arpettaz
First Officer
Flight distance : 84567 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here are the specifications for the new Autel Nano+ 249 gram drone with 0.8 inch CMOS sensor, 48MP camera, f/1.9 aperture, 4k 30 fps video, collision avoidance and active tracking... http://autelrobotics.com/productdetail/24.html

That's the second 249g drone with collision avoidance and active tracking launched in as many months .   

If DJI hasn’t launched an upgrade to its Mini 2 by the time the Autel Nano becomes available I (and probably many others) will be forced to consider switching allegiances.

Come on DJI. Market leaders are supposed to lead not follow!!!  Are you guys asleep??

2AD7C101-0C05-4C0E-BD14-6C6BE83F392D.jpeg
9-27 22:39
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 1394596 ft
United Kingdom

Give them chance lol, the mini 2 had not long been out when the other one came out lol and they've never listened to idol threats of this sort before, do you seriously think they will now? i don't ;) PS, I am sure i saw a weigh in for that other one too and it wasn't under 250g and the video quality was pants and it overheats and.......

That page is full of typos and this claim is bull

The EVO Nano series is the first and only aircraft series of its size to offer an advanced obstacle avoidance system
9-27 22:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 1385115 ft
United Kingdom

Fair to compare it to the Mini 3 but not a product thats nearly been out a year.
9-27 23:41
Use props
robpri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Just like the Hubsan Zino Mini was to dethrone the Mini2 , just not quite there compared the mini2 IMO
9-27 23:46
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097605 ft
Serbia

Unfortunately, DJI does not update their products with such big feature changes. You can only expect them in a next model.
9-28 00:16
Use props
Jonatan.N
First Officer
Flight distance : 164154 ft

I personally have no complaints for not having the obstacle avoidance on their mini series. coz when you do have it, you may more be cautious while flying. my father crashed my Mavic air multiple times but never my Mini 2 lol
9-28 02:38
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 1394596 ft
United Kingdom

To be fair, i have crashed the mini 2 more times than my P4P, 1 tree (sideways, prop damage), one bush (forwards) no  damage as it was just a little prop clip,
and trying to free my anemometer from spider webs, 3 times, twice i had to replace a prop or 2 lol, 3rd time no damage.
Had to do a CSC when it got caught up in the anemometer mast guy line bracket on the mast and it fell from 9 meters onto short grass and it only popped the rear trunk lol

Would having sensors helped, only the bush clip, the rest i would have had to turn off the sensors to get close to the anemometer.
Would i buy the mini 3, depends, if the UK laws stay as they are for the sub 250g class then perhaps i could be tempted, i would like the activetrack, if it gets it...
9-28 03:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Autel and Hubsan still have a ways to go to try to compete with DJI.  The specs sound nice but let's see what the reviews say about the features when it is released.  I don't use OA on my MA2 so having that is not a plus for me.  
9-28 05:38
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378278 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-28 05:38
Autel and Hubsan still have a ways to go to try to compete with DJI.  The specs sound nice but let's see what the reviews say about the features when it is released.  I don't use OA on my MA2 so having that is not a plus for me.

Well, Hubsan should have offered it for under $100.
The main thing they changed in their ways was to compete on price.
They will have to take a hit the first year to even get proven.
All their stuff in the past has been the cheapest on the market, then when they compete directly with DJI, their price skyrockets.  Noo Hubsan, takes a while.  (should be at least half of what DJI drones are)
9-28 06:18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378278 ft
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 9-28 00:16
Unfortunately, DJI does not update their products with such big feature changes. You can only expect them in a next model.

and the next, and the next .... eventually, maybe, hopefully.

they still can't make the mini2 work 100% for everyone, they could do better, but spend all their resources in R&D instead of after sales support.  That's the main reason I'd consider another company's drone.
9-28 06:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

OA is really not something I miss on the M2.
I will fly by hand and as long as I see my drone (which I should anyway), I'm good.
9-28 10:43
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8533291 ft
Russia

Friends, hello!
I think this is a claim for success)
It is absolutely incorrect to compare Mi or Hubsun with Autel. Autel quadrocopters are already superior to DJI in some characteristics. They are reliable and with excellent software, unlike Mi or Hubsun.

If DJI maintains its customer policy, it is true that many users will be considering buying a drone from another company. Here are just a few examples:
Mini 2 & Smart Remote (waited half a year);
Mini 2 & Samsung S21U exinos (still unresolved);
Mini 2 & Battery Dsicharge (never resolved);
Mini 2 & DJI Simulatro (never resolved).
This is just from the Mini2 branch.
9-29 00:41
Use props
Mhinc
First Officer
Flight distance : 138481 ft
Canada

I have already decided my next drone will be an Autel.  Likely the Evo 2 pro.  It's far superior.  But what really matters, is the support they provide.  FAR supperior to DJI in all aspects.
9-29 01:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
United States

hunterws Posted at 9-28 06:18
Well, Hubsan should have offered it for under $100.
The main thing they changed in their ways was to compete on price.
They will have to take a hit the first year to even get proven.

9-29 03:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-28 10:43
OA is really not something I miss on the M2.
I will fly by hand and as long as I see my drone (which I should anyway), I'm good.

Got to agree 100%.  For me it is VLOS or no fly.  
9-29 03:20
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Bashy Posted at 9-27 22:50
Give them chance lol, the mini 2 had not long been out when the other one came out lol and they've never listened to idol threats of this sort before, do you seriously think they will now? i don't ;) PS, I am sure i saw a weigh in for that other one too and it wasn't under 250g and the video quality was pants and it overheats and.......

That page is full of typos and this claim is bull

Well they might have a point. "Obstacle detection" and "obstacle avoidance" are two different things. The former is the ability to detect an obstacle and stop the drone, which is what Zino Mini Pro has if I am not mistaken, at least so far. The latter is much more complicated; it is about calculating a clear path around the obstacle(s) and continuing the flight.

So unless Zino implements "avoidance" before Nano comes out, they will be right with their claim...
9-29 03:48
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 03:20
Got to agree 100%.  For me it is VLOS or no fly.

So I really don't care too much about OA.
9-29 04:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-29 04:06
So I really don't care too much about OA.

I tried using it while flying inside a huge warehouse one time and the beeping drove me crazy.  I normally keep OA turned off.
9-30 03:12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-30 03:12
I tried using it while flying inside a huge warehouse one time and the beeping drove me crazy.  I normally keep OA turned off.

I especially did not like the less stable flying on the MP when I had OA on.
9-30 03:15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6342851 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Its really disappointing that Dji cannot “Tell the Future”
9-30 07:09
Use props
Arpettaz
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s interesting to see the different responses.

If the truth be known I don’t give a damn about obstacle avoidance or active tracking. They are nice to have not must have features. If you’re a careful pilot you don’t need obstacle avoidance. And unless you are tracking something on non-undulating topography with no obstacles then obstacle avoidance is useless.

However…the main reason I have a drone is for aerial photography. The Mini 2 only takes 12 megapixel photos whereas the new Autel drone takes 50 megapixel photos. I have absolutely no loyalty to any product that I buy so for me it’s a no brainer. I will buy the Autel drone as soon as it’s available unless a) the reviews are crap and b) DJI pre-empts with something glorious, interesting and competitive
9-30 10:41
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

many people have mentioned the price on teh new autel drone is pretty high compared to the mini2 and maybe even the mini3 when it comes out.
9-30 12:02
Use props
Arpettaz
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 9-30 12:02
many people have mentioned the price on teh new autel drone is pretty high compared to the mini2 and maybe even the mini3 when it comes out.
You cannot compare the price of the Autel Nano with the Mini 2 because it’s not a like for like comparison. The Mini 2 does not have have a 0.8 inch sensor,  obstacle avoidance or active track. And we have no idea if a Mini 3 is even in the pipeline. The nearest comparable drone is probably the DJI Air 2S. and the Autel Nano plus on paper is at least as good as this drone.  I think the Autel Nano is priced very keenly
9-30 12:12
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arpettaz Posted at 9-30 12:12
You cannot compare the price of the Autel Nano with the Mini 2 because it’s not a like for like comparison. The Mini 2 does not have have a 0.8 inch sensor,  obstacle avoidance or active track. And we have no idea if a Mini 3 is even in the pipeline. The nearest comparable drone is probably the DJI Air 2S. and the Autel Nano plus on paper is at least as good as this drone.  I think the Autel Nano is priced very keenly

it won't be me comparing the prices but the consumer who will make the comparison when they choose between basically the only two sub-250g drones that are worthy of buying.  it will be mini2 vs nano until the mini3 emerges whether it does or not, who knows.
9-30 13:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules