Mavic Pro problem connecting mobile to controller
251 2 2021-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark B.
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

I have a Mavic Pro, and have had it now for a few years. I use an Oppo android phone in the controller. When I go to connect the controller to the DJI Go 4 app on the phone, it is usually a difficult process. Eventually it works, so I know the drone is connected to the controller (that part always works). But getting the controller to talk to the phone, or vice versa, is the issue I have.

I've tried starting the app, then the conntroller and then the drone. Have also tried starting the controller, then the drone (connects OK) then the app. And any other combination. But it appears to be very hit and miss - very frustrating when you are out and wanting to get flying, but are battling with connection issues.

I have the drone in RC mode, and am connecting the phone via cable to the micro-usb port on the left side of the controller. As mentioned, I usually get there, but this is so frustrating.

Can anyone advise what the process should be to get the phone app connected to the drone please ? Does it matter whether the wifi on the phone is off or on, and whether bluetooth on the phone is on or off ?

Thanks, Mark.

2021-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? For reference I will post a DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic ) where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Pro and for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2021-9-28
Use props
Mark B.
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for your reply Stephen.  I have just now updated to the latest DJI Go 4 app (Android) and then started the controller, plugged in the cable (controller to phone), started the DJI Go 4 app, and then started the drone, and all worked OK. Hopefully this process, together with the updated app, will resolve my ongoing problems.
And as a matter of interest, I assume that the phone does not need to have wifi or bluetooth active ?  As it didn't when I connected OK.
Cheers, Mark.
2021-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules