Is the autel nano+ a real competitor or a reference to a Mini 3?
12Next >
5389 44 2021-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What do you think about it, I've been waiting for features like this for a long time ...
2021-9-29
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

since i believe the m3 will experience yet another price increase over m2 and mm, i have to say the nano and nano+ are truly competitive.  i like the new color options and the upgraded features which means m3 will have to come with it....or else.
2021-9-29
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Nothing too exciting IMO. I don't know seems like just a Mini 2 + Collision Avoidance for a higher price. I'm not really in to the funky colors and I have little interest in collision avoidance and whether or not the camera is better remains to be seen. Quoted flight time and range are about the same. If DJI would add active tracking mode to the M2 via a firmware update that would put a stopper on the Nano I think even before they release a Mini 3.
2021-9-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NickelPlate Posted at 9-29 10:45
Nothing too exciting IMO. I don't know seems like just a Mini 2 + Collision Avoidance for a higher price. I'm not really in to the funky colors and I have little interest in collision avoidance and whether or not the camera is better remains to be seen. Quoted flight time and range are about the same. If DJI would add active tracking mode to the M2 via a firmware update that would put a stopper on the Nano I think even before they release a Mini 3.

To be honest, I would be surprised if DJI did add Activetrack to the Mini 2 fw as there are no fwd sensors
2021-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there frankymusik. Good day and thank you for these information that you have posted. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products and with it's specifications and features and regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

The Saint Posted at 9-29 09:58
since i believe the m3 will experience yet another price increase over m2 and mm, i have to say the nano and nano+ are truly competitive.  i like the new color options and the upgraded features which means m3 will have to come with it....or else.

I especially love my MA2 because it has so many functions, but ...

... I don't feel good anymore when I use it, since these stricter regulations have existed, because of its weight! I feel extremely uncomfortable while shooting beautiful videos with it !!!

Now, I believe the MA2 "shrunk" to the size of a mini could finally resolve all of these problems and concerns!
I could finally fly again without fear and without worries, almost anywhere .....

This is the hope ...        

2021-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it will push DJI to one up the Nano+ when they release the Mini 3.  I tend to fly my Mini 2 more than my MA2 only because it is much smaller, easier to tote around and a bit quieter.  
2021-9-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 23:22
I especially love my MA2 because it has so many functions, but ...

... I don't feel good anymore when I use it, since these stricter regulations have existed, because of its weight! I feel extremely uncomfortable while shooting beautiful videos with it !!!

i feel the same which is why i am selling my ma2....doesn't really have a good fit and even less when potential new m3 or nano types in the pipe.
2021-9-30
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Arpettaz Posted at 9-30 10:25
If the truth be known I don’t give a damn about obstacle avoidance or active tracking. They are nice to have not must have features. However the main reason I have a drone is for aerial photography. The Mini 2 only takes 12 megapixel photos whereas the new Autel drone takes 50 megapixel photos. I have absolutely no loyalty to any product that I buy so for me it’s a no brainer – I will buy the Autel drone as soon as it’s available unless a) the reviews are crap and b) DJI pre-empts with something glorious, interesting and competitive

2021-9-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Arpettaz Posted at 9-30 10:25
If the truth be known I don’t give a damn about obstacle avoidance or active tracking. They are nice to have not must have features. However the main reason I have a drone is for aerial photography. The Mini 2 only takes 12 megapixel photos whereas the new Autel drone takes 50 megapixel photos. I have absolutely no loyalty to any product that I buy so for me it’s a no brainer – I will buy the Autel drone as soon as it’s available unless a) the reviews are crap and b) DJI pre-empts with something glorious, interesting and competitive

The Mini 2 only takes 12 megapixel photos whereas the new Autel drone takes 50 megapixel photos. I have absolutely no loyalty.
You also have no understanding of basic photographic principles and are fooled by the bigger number must mean better marketing.
The nano+ will have an even smaller sensor than the Mini2 which isn't a great camera anyway.
Cramming 4 times as many tiny pixels onto a tiny sensor doesn't make for better photography.

But many will be fooled by the marketing, since more (megapixels) must be better?
There's a lot more to photographic quality than a high megapixel number.

2021-9-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-30 15:39
The Mini 2 only takes 12 megapixel photos whereas the new Autel drone takes 50 megapixel photos. I have absolutely no loyalty.
You also have no understanding of basic photographic principles and are fooled by the bigger number must mean better marketing.
The nano+ will have an even smaller sensor than the Mini2 which isn't a great camera anyway.

Have to agree, take a look at the Note 20 Ultra for example, 108mp, compare that to my old Canon 77D at 24mp, there is no comparison, it's the Canon any day of the week
2021-9-30
Use props
shadeofblue
lvl.2

Argentina

The Mini 2 only takes 12 megapixel photos whereas the new Autel drone takes 50 megapixel photos. I have absolutely no loyalty.

the sensor of the nano+  is 1/1.2 and mini 2 is 1/2.3
2021-10-1
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

there is no mini 3, so nobody knows or can speculate even. you can only compare it to mini 2...and in that case on paper there is no competition. but a real comparison has to be made to back up such assumptions.
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Sensor on the nano+ is 1/1.28 so a little larger than even the mavic air 2
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

The nano+ sensor is 1/1.28,so a little bigger than even the mavic air 2
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

sbonev Posted at 10-1 06:42
there is no mini 3, so nobody knows or can speculate even. you can only compare it to mini 2...and in that case on paper there is no competition. but a real comparison has to be made to back up such assumptions.

Suppose to be a mini 3 released on Nov.15th,according to drone XL.
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

shadeofblue Posted at 10-1 06:22
the sensor of the nano+  is 1/1.2 and mini 2 is 1/2.3

nano+ 1.1.28
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

nano sensor size 1/2
nano + sensor size 1/1.28
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

sensor size - nano 1/2
sensor size - nano+ 1/1.28
So both versions have a larger sensor than the mini 2.
Look it up.
2021-10-1
Use props
LuckyDay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102011 ft
United States

djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r Posted at 10-1 09:36
Suppose to be a mini 3 released on Nov.15th,according to drone XL.

I saw this show up in my news feed as well so I've been searching online for more information. Is droneXL known to be a reliable source?
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
lvl.4
United States

LuckyDay Posted at 10-1 12:22
I saw this show up in my news feed as well so I've been searching online for more information. Is droneXL known to be a reliable source?

Really do not know that much about them,but they seem to get the inside scoop.
I guess it will be a wait and see thing again.
2021-10-1
Use props
Hexenhammer
lvl.1

Israel

NickelPlate Posted at 9-29 10:45
Nothing too exciting IMO. I don't know seems like just a Mini 2 + Collision Avoidance for a higher price. I'm not really in to the funky colors and I have little interest in collision avoidance and whether or not the camera is better remains to be seen. Quoted flight time and range are about the same. If DJI would add active tracking mode to the M2 via a firmware update that would put a stopper on the Nano I think even before they release a Mini 3.

No Geofencing is a huge plus.
And the Camera based on spec is insane for this size, with variable focus lens and RYYB sensor [transmits 40% more light  and performs better in low light conditions]
Im specifically interested in the Plus edition
Nobody wants Monopoly [except the manufacturers], people need to give autel a chance and that will make DJI make better products for better prices [look at AMD and Intel, same situation]
2021-10-1
Use props
Hexenhammer
lvl.1

Israel

Bashy Posted at 9-30 16:50
Have to agree, take a look at the Note 20 Ultra for example, 108mp, compare that to my old Canon 77D at 24mp, there is no comparison, it's the Canon any day of the week

Because the mobile sensor is smaller, but compare the zoom? the mobile will zoom farther and in better quality, im talking here about digital crop type zoom without lenses.
Thats why high MP is important for small device, they lack lenses and the higher the MP the better the zoom is
2021-10-1
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Hexenhammer Posted at 10-1 20:54
No Geofencing is a huge plus.
And the Camera based on spec is insane for this size, with variable focus lens and RYYB sensor [transmits 40% more light  and performs better in low light conditions]
Im specifically interested in the Plus edition

The mini 2 has geofencing. You can set limits on both altitude and a perimeter. I agree the camera specs look great on paper but real world results are what matters. And that remains to be seen.
2021-10-2
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

lets see how good image autel can get. but IMO it will be worth switching
when it will be on amazon or other decent supplier - for sure I'll try it
2021-10-4
Use props
djiuser_0sznpSoW5hVC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314820 ft
Canada

Autel has no geofencing? That's quite surprising. I do appreciate geofencing when traveling because it can be hard to find local regulations/airfields. Excited to see that Autel is bringing a strong competitor to DJI, I would hope that spurs DJI into delivering most if not better features in the mini 3.
2021-10-4
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

With Mavic Pro 3 way out of my price range, I am having serious thought about getting an Autel Nano plus. My drone collection is becoming non-DJI excusive.
2021-10-4
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_0sznpSoW5hVC Posted at 10-4 08:42
Autel has no geofencing? That's quite surprising. I do appreciate geofencing when traveling because it can be hard to find local regulations/airfields. Excited to see that Autel is bringing a strong competitor to DJI, I would hope that spurs DJI into delivering most if not better features in the mini 3.

the autel has a restriction database but it does not control the drone in countries where it is not mandatory (such as the usa).  i believe there are warnings (not sure) but the latest sw does have the capability.  geofencing is not used to local airfields and discover regulations, i hope you are doing this effectively without geofencing.  in the usa, we have apps that give us all the important details.  the autel drones don't enforce it, the dji drone enforce it.
2021-10-4
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

If DJI add gestures like spark / air 1 ( i mean just quick 3  photos by power button - quick fly and return mode - without pairing with controller and smartphone  i will get Mini 3
In other case i will take Autel - i like design, color and smaller controller and of course OA and camera....
Will see..
2021-10-20
Use props
The Elder
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you for sharing! I'm a photography enthusiast and I was thinking to buy a drone. DJI brand is available everywhere in Canada. However, I was skeptical about mini 2 image quality and lack of locking onto target such as spotlight feature. After spending many days reviewing Autel, DJI, Husban and other brands. It is clear now, DJI is locking simple feafures such as spotlight and tracking just to force consumers looking for more expensive models but nothing below 250g there. Plus crap camera... So Autel is the drone to pick as it provides many tracking modes and superior IQ under 250g.
Brilliant!
2021-11-11
Use props
Robert Lak
lvl.1

United States

The Elder Posted at 11-11 20:19
Thank you for sharing! I'm a photography enthusiast and I was thinking to buy a drone. DJI brand is available everywhere in Canada. However, I was skeptical about mini 2 image quality and lack of locking onto target such as spotlight feature. After spending many days reviewing Autel, DJI, Husban and other brands. It is clear now, DJI is locking simple feafures such as spotlight and tracking just to force consumers looking for more expensive models but nothing below 250g there. Plus crap camera... So Autel is the drone to pick as it provides many tracking modes and superior IQ under 250g.
Brilliant!

just started looking at alternatives as here nov 15 is here and still no word from dji.  Looked at the nano + and here's my thoughts.First, i don't even see the nano + in their online store. Did see a reference to it elsewhere at $900 for a flymore type combo..... i am thinking more than i wanted to pay. Still have to do more searching as this is the first i have heard of Autel. Promising tho.

One note.... the 48+ megapixel claim is due to something called pixel splitting.  Each pixel is now split into 4.   Any idea on what the does for image quality? I have no idea. Just learning.
2021-11-15
Use props
Robert Lak
lvl.1

United States

Robert Lak Posted at 11-15 05:59
just started looking at alternatives as here nov 15 is here and still no word from dji.  Looked at the nano + and here's my thoughts.First, i don't even see the nano + in their online store. Did see a reference to it elsewhere at $900 for a flymore type combo..... i am thinking more than i wanted to pay. Still have to do more searching as this is the first i have heard of Autel. Promising tho.

One note.... the 48+ megapixel claim is due to something called pixel splitting.  Each pixel is now split into 4.   Any idea on what the does for image quality? I have no idea. Just learning.

Amamzon has the nano plus listed at $989 for the fly more type como. it also lists the delivery date as January or February...  i'd have to think long and hard about that. getting out of the "consumer" range.
2021-11-15
Use props
The Elder
lvl.1

Canada

just started looking at alternatives as here nov 15 is here and still no word from dji.  Looked at the nano + and here's my thoughts.First, i don't even see the nano + in their online store. Did see a reference to it elsewhere at $900 for a flymore type combo..... i am thinking more than i wanted to pay. Still have to do more searching as this is the first i have heard of Autel. Promising tho.

One note.... the 48+ megapixel claim is due to something called pixel splitting.  Each pixel is now split into 4.   Any idea on what the does for image quality? I have no idea. Just learning.

DPReview.com cracked down the myth of # of pixels or pixel sizes. In modern sensors, yous should focus on the size of the whole sensor and not the size of pixels for IQ. Fuji sensors might be an exception for this case as they have proprietary pixels arrangement to reduce noises. It is also the same case for Autel sensor pixels arrangement. So IQ is much better from Autel. I know that they might be able to beat DJI when it comes to the aircraft stability. But they are very very close though. Adding HDR photos is a convenient plus for me.. 2.7k transmission is a BIG plus as I want to enjoy flying it most of the time and not just taking videos/photos and 2.7k will make the flight very enjoyable using a tablet or a big screen phone.. so many benefits here.
Autel launch is delayed until Feb 22.. i will wait. Maybe DJI will be beat them to market who knows
2021-11-15
Use props
The Elder
lvl.1

Canada

DPReview.com cracked down the myth of # of pixels or pixel sizes. In modern sensors, yous should focus on the size of the whole sensor and not the size of pixels for IQ. Fuji sensors might be an exception for this case as they have proprietary pixels arrangement to reduce noises. It is also the same case for Autel sensor pixels arrangement. So IQ is much better from Autel. I know that they might be able to beat DJI when it comes to the aircraft stability. But they are very very close though. Adding HDR photos is a convenient plus for me.. 2.7k transmission is a BIG plus as I want to enjoy flying it most of the time and not just taking videos/photos and 2.7k will make the flight very enjoyable using a tablet or a big screen phone.. so many benefits here.
Autel launch is delayed until Feb 22.. i will wait. Maybe DJI will be beat them to market who knows
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_q04rqv6LCx4o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1361499 ft
Germany

Still aware on the first reviews of the Nano +! They should come in in early January!
Maybe this drone will be a Killer, but nobody knows yet…
A Mini 3 with active tracking based on visuals PLUS WLAN would be the killer feature! But as DJI did not even include this in the Mavic 3, I think they won’t come out with it. Think of an ultraportable Drone with RELIABLE tracking for those situations where you REALLY need Tracking (Ski, MTB) but don‘t have the space in your Backpack for a drone like the Skydio 2… just IMAGINE!!!
2021-12-20
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

If Autel offers better support after you purchase the product I will switch in a heartbeat. Maybe if dji gets a little more competition they will lose the "we're the only one in the game" attitude and start listening to users.
2021-12-20
Use props
FirstQuadcopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1478136 ft
Romania

I received the Nano+ last week. Is a great little drone, but not all the promised features are working (for now). 50MP photo was just enabled through a new firmware update, but active tracking is still not working. It also has speed a speed issue. For more impressions you can check my in-depth Autel EVO Nano+ review.

Her is one of my first video (4K@30fps - noEDIT)
2022-2-7
Use props
djiuser_Ce7u9XSXefHA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 979623 ft
United States

djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r Posted at 2021-10-1 09:34
The nano+ sensor is 1/1.28,so a little bigger than even the mavic air 2

I have all of them and if someone thinks the sensor is better on the mini 2 or ever the mini 3 don’t know .... Except for some flaws like obstacle sensors going off at 350 ft in the air and stopping abruptly and that why if u need obstacle avoidance, u probably shouldn’t be flying anyway. Nano+ is better
ACE53D8B-95CA-4E52-9FBA-66F7F41DE634.jpeg
BCE5344C-4D89-4CB9-B75F-05ADE6F3CDA5.jpeg
2022-5-10
Use props
djiuser_Ce7u9XSXefHA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 979623 ft
United States

djiuser_Ce7u9XSXefHA Posted at 5-10 17:50
I have all of them and if someone thinks the sensor is better on the mini 2 or ever the mini 3 don’t know .... Except for some flaws like obstacle sensors going off at 350 ft in the air and stopping abruptly and that why if u need obstacle avoidance, u probably shouldn’t be flying anyway. Nano+ is better[Image]

Photo on left is from Autel Nano + and the right one is from mini 2 or air 2s
2022-5-10
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Ce7u9XSXefHA Posted at 5-10 17:50
I have all of them and if someone thinks the sensor is better on the mini 2 or ever the mini 3 don’t know .... Except for some flaws like obstacle sensors going off at 350 ft in the air and stopping abruptly and that why if u need obstacle avoidance, u probably shouldn’t be flying anyway. Nano+ is better

You cant say that, you do not even have the Mini 3 yet, the Mini 3 is a far better option from what i have seen so far and will be choosing that any day of the week...
2022-5-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules