DJI FPV CONTROLLER FOR LIFTOFF
5304 4 2021-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KmHUXLsDwxNO
lvl.1

Australia

Hey everyone
I’m hoping someone on this page has had the same issue I have in regards to using the DJI FPV controller for liftoff on a MacBook Pro. If you are familiar with liftoff you would know once you get onto the game then through options to calibrate the remote I can’t move the drone at all on that page - states  (is the drone working) but it’s not. It says I have connected my controller but when I calibrate I get a message saying I need to centre my sticks which they already are both spring loaded and also tried without spring loaded stick. There’s absolutely nothing online explaining how to connect to a Mac with the controller I’m guessing there’s a setting in Mac to enable the use of the controller but I can’t find it. If I disconnect the controller it shows up on liftoff that I’m not connected so it is connected, just can’t do anything else. I see YouTube videos or people connecting the controller to PC just plug and play simple but not as simply as MacBook Pro. I do know that you can use it through Mac but  I can’t work out how.

I’m using the cables supplied in the combo box USB-C into the remote then to USB- adapter then to MacBook.

Can someone please clarify what I’m doing wrong
2021-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owned the DJI FPV and uses the Liftoff software can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What version of macOS are you running. Catalina onwards was incompatible.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_KmHUXLsDwxNO
lvl.1

Australia

Hey guys

It’s all sorted now.
I’ll explain what I did so maybe it’ll help anyone else who runs into the same problem.

I read on another forum that I should deactivate these two files on my PC because my PC couldn’t recognise my DJI controller. So once I did that my PC did recognise my controller. (Photo attached)  

Unfortunately this still didn’t allow me
To use my controller on liftoff. Same with my MacBook Pro.

I downloaded DJI assistant and ran the updates on my DJI FPV controller. This still didn’t allow
Me to use my controller on my PC or Mac.

Now during this stage I hadn’t activated my DJI FPV.
So I activated my FPV and took it for a flight. Then I tried to use liftoff again and everything worked perfectly. So my guess is that you need to activate the FPV in order to use the controller on either PC or Mac.

So the moral of the story is ACTIVATE your new DJI FPV and then you should be right to go on liftoff.

Hope that helps someone else that was in my position.
CC3159C7-55AD-43DA-B6EC-916CBB08E9AE.jpeg
2021-10-12
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

I found that I had to use a USB hub before the controller and the Mac became good friends and talked to each other.
2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules