Drone upgrade
988 14 2021-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matts65
lvl.1

Sweden

I’m new to this and I have still not been able to get my new DJI FPV up in the air.

After linked all units together it is a warning prompt in the googles saying that the drone doesn’t have the latest software.

I downloaded DJI assistant for FPV, connected my PC to the drone with USB successfully upgraded with the latest avalible software.

However still i get the same red flag warning message in the googles saying  that the drone doesn’t have the latest version and that is preventing me from flying.

Someone know how to get around this?

2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Ugh.  This really makes me not want to buy one.  Sorry.  Hope you can get her in the air soon
2021-9-30
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Goggles and the controller must match the latest firmware on the drone. If you have not done so yet, update your goggles, controller and  batteries and then try again.
2021-9-30
Use props
Matts65
lvl.1

Sweden

fansf0572733 Posted at 9-30 07:47
Goggles and the controller must match the latest firmware on the drone. If you have not done so yet, update your goggles, controller and  batteries and then try again.

Thanks

I have upgraded all units to latest software, perhaps they do not match and it will require different versions on different devices to be compatible?
2021-9-30
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!!

Update everything with the latest firmware. Drone, radio control and googles.

You must also update the FlySafe database in the DJI Fly application.

Then try to take off without connecting the googles to your smartphone.

Remember that if you try to take off in an area that DJI marks as a no fly zone you will never be able to take off.
2021-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Matts65. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please follow the steps given by Max90payneFPV on post #5 to see if the issue will still persist. In addition I will post a DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where in you can check the location where you want to fly your DJI drone if it is a No Fly Zone ( NFZ ) of the said location is free to fly your DJI FPV. Thank you.
2021-9-30
Use props
Matts65
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-30 21:04
Hello there Matts65. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please follow the steps given by Max90payneFPV on post #5 to see if the issue will still persist. In addition I will post a DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where in you can check the location where you want to fly your DJI drone if it is a No Fly Zone ( NFZ ) of the said location is free to fly your DJI FPV. Thank you.

Hi
Thank you for your reply. I followed the steps as suggested and paired the devices without my cellphone. I also mounted the propellers on the drone and finaly I had everything connected and without red warning banners.
As soon as the rainstorm now raging has calmed down, I will perform my firs drone flight ever.
Matts
2021-9-30
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Matts65 Posted at 9-30 23:10
Hi
Thank you for your reply. I followed the steps as suggested and paired the devices without my cellphone. I also mounted the propellers on the drone and finaly I had everything connected and without red warning banners.
As soon as the rainstorm now raging has calmed down, I will perform my firs drone flight ever.

Perfect !!!

I recommend that you check the assembly of the propellers!

Have a good flight and have fun
2021-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
Thank you for your reply. I followed the steps as suggested and paired the devices without my cellphone. I also mounted the propellers on the drone and finaly I had everything connected and without red warning banners.

Glad you got it sorted out.  Have a safe and great first flight (weather permitting of course).
2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi

Hi there Matts. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance.
2021-10-2
Use props
Matts65
lvl.1

Sweden

Supercool, it worked perfectly.
So what range can I expect, and what happens if I exceed the limit?
2021-10-2
Use props
sebhammers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158491 ft
France

Maybe you can try to connect your drone (powered on, with also your goggles and your radio powered on) to you phone. You have to download DJI Fly app (available on App Store and Play Store).
Let me know
2021-10-3
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Matts65 Posted at 10-2 02:24
Supercool, it worked perfectly.
So what range can I expect, and what happens if I exceed the limit?

Hello !!

Your question is how far can you go as a video signal?

If you fly in the CE it depends on many factors but you should safely get to over 1 Km.
2021-10-3
Use props
Matts65
lvl.1

Sweden

Max90payneFPV Posted at 10-3 07:27
Hello !!

Your question is how far can you go as a video signal?

Hi

Yes how far is it safe and what will happen if i go out of range. I will try step by step, i have realised that it has to do with obstacles, if there is line of sight it seems to work over really long distances.
2021-10-3
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Matts65 Posted at 10-3 22:53
Hi

Yes how far is it safe and what will happen if i go out of range. I will try step by step, i have realised that it has to do with obstacles, if there is line of sight it seems to work over really long distances.

Hello !!

The signal range of all drones clearly depends on the obstacles and electro-magnetic disturbances in the area.

You need to gain experience and know your drone so you can adjust to planning a flight line that is as safe as possible.

I always fly in the mountains and by now I understand very well the limits of my builds and the DJI FPV.

I plan a flight plan where I can to avoid unpleasant surprises.

However the DJI FPV is fantastic because if it loses the video or radio signal it will do the RTH by itself if set.

Good flight
2021-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules