1071 4 2021-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zuhlster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334662 ft
United States

Hi-

Last 2-3 flights, I lost roll using the Smart Controller with my MA2.  It periodically would work. In the long run I had to turn, move over, and turn back to lign up a shot.  I was not in any POI, Follow, or quick shot modes.

Today, for the heck of it I switched from "Normal/P" to "Tripod/T" mode.  For the rest of the shoot I had roll!  

I looked through setting ons the controller to see if something was switched, but I could not find anything.

Anyone have any clues on my error, or is it a software glitch?

To sum up:  No roll in Normal mode on Smart Controller

Thanks in advance,

Paul

2021-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What do you mean by "roll"?
2021-10-1
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
United States

The drone leans left or right to laterally move in given direction.
2021-10-1
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

This problem has been seen before after a FLY App update.  It has to do with the obstacle avoidance settings. The key is that it only has these symptoms in normal mode.  Since obstacle avoidance is overridden in the other flight modes.
Check your settings under safety, if you are in "Bypass" make sure "Disable Sideways Flight" is not turned on! if it is just turn it off, and your problem should be fixed.  (See Below)

Capture.PNG
2021-10-1
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 10-1 07:14
This problem has been seen before after a FLY App update.  It has to do with the obstacle avoidance settings. The key is that it only has these symptoms in normal mode.  Since obstacle avoidance is overridden in the other flight modes.
Check your settings under safety, if you are in "Bypass" make sure "Disable Sideways Flight" is not turned on! if it is just turn it off, and your problem should be fixed.  (See Below)

I was in "Brake" mode, where the "Bypass" option is not available.  So I'm assuming that in Brake mode left and right maneuvers are unavailable?  I hadn't changed that mode prior and used to be able to roll.  

I'll fly in bypass next time to see if I have full sideways flight in "Normal".

Thanks.
2021-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules