Inspire 1 gimbal camera vibration
1885 7 2015-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TD
lvl.1

United States

July 29, 2015, I have a new Inspire 1. Logged approx. 12 flights, all gentle landings. I've noticed gimbal vibration. Seems to be the joint behind the camera, camera roll joint. This same joint does not move as freely as the other two joints. The vibration occurs for 1/4 second, stops for 1 second and repeats. You can hear the vibration, slight buzz. You can feel the vibration throughout the gimbal and camera. You can also see the camera twitch. Vibration does appear in video.  Vibration starts immediately after self calibration. The vibration occurs even if the Inspire 1 is sitting on a table. Support please!  http://youtu.be/itP8E8lFFPU
2015-7-29
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Can you post video shot with the camera and possibly some video looking at the camera while it is vibrating.?
2015-7-29
Use props
TD
lvl.1

United States

remltr Posted at 2015-7-30 11:49
Can you post video shot with the camera and possibly some video looking at the camera while it is vi ...

This video will clearly defines the problem. I have used compressed air to clean up the gimbal with no improvement.  There is just a slight consistent drag in this gimbal all the way around.  It doesn't move freely like the other joints.  There is no receivable rubbing/scraping noise when moving the gimbal by hand.  It does make a buzzing noise when the Inspire 1 is turned on.  http://youtu.be/itP8E8lFFPU
2015-7-30
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

TD@FlagsExpress Posted at 2015-7-31 04:26
This video will clearly defines the problem. I have used compressed air to clean up the gimbal wit ...

I would contact DJI support and include the youtube link in your email to them.

That is definitely messed up.

2015-7-30
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Yeah, that's nothing close to right.    Did it do that from day 1 or increase over time?    You might be able to just return it and buy another one rather than get in the endless repair line!
2015-7-30
Use props
TD
lvl.1

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-7-31 07:46
Yeah, that's nothing close to right.    Did it do that from day 1 or increase over time?    You migh ...

I received the Inspire 1 in May 2015.  All of my video, from day one has the "Jell-O" effect.  I didn't notice how bad it was until I started to shoot serious video a few weeks ago. Prior to that I had just been practice flying.  
2015-7-31
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

TD@FlagsExpress Posted at 2015-8-1 05:15
I received the Inspire 1 in May 2015.  All of my video, from day one has the "Jell-O" effect.  I di ...

Hi TD,

Jell-o can be caused by many things, mainly too fast a shutter speed causing the bottom of the image to be taken at a different time as the top as the CMOS sensor scans down.   

What you would see is the jerking movement where it snaps rather than moves slowly if it were the gimbal issue in your video.    This shouldn't appear as Jell-o, more as uneven movement.
2015-7-31
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

There is clearly something wrong with your gimbal and most likely nothing you should attempt to repair on your own ... Especially as it should be coverd by the warranty.

Expect no feedback from DJI about this through the forum (it happens but not very often).

I hope you got your bird through a retailer, as it's probably a lot better to do the warranty claim with them rather then trying to go directly to DJI in China ...
Best of luck ... I hope you get it sorted swiftly!
2015-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules