Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Creepy virus found on DJI assistant 2 for Mavic.
2496 8 2021-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,
This topic has been going on for years now. DJI has not been responding to my support tickets and my calls to there support center.
While I was downloading DJI Assitant 2 for mavic, I was downloading it from the offical website. Suddenly Command prompt opened up on my laptop and it said " Victim specified while extracting pearsnol information from victim." What the heck. I imediattly uninstalled the software. I then manually opened command prompt and scanned for that junk. If DJI is not responding, I might have to bring up a police/FBI case up. This is software that is causing extremely toxic viruses. I do not have the screenshot as it only showed up for 2-3 seconds.
I need DJI to respond to this. This is not OK. And for anyone who is reading this, please reply to this post so that we all can know that this is happening.
Thanks,

2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, DronePilot_12. Sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please tell us your ticket number or any reference numbers? And may we confirm that whether you downloaded the DJI Assitant 2 from our real official website? Could you please send us the link? Our official website will definitely protect every users' privacy, will not extract any personal information.
2021-10-2
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI Wanda,
Thank you for your response, Here is the link from where I had downloaded it: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
Could you please get this fixed with the DJI team as soon as possible? It is very scary knowing this as an U.S.A. goverment employee
Thanks,

2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My virus scanner has never found anything in the DJI Assistant,   are you sure you just didnt see the drivers being installed.
2021-10-6
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

I am sure! I just saw it said victim infromation etc. and that stuff and then it closed.
2021-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DronePilot_12 Posted at 10-6 06:58
I am sure! I just saw it said victim infromation etc. and that stuff and then it closed.

Seems to be a false positive match.
2021-10-12
Use props
DronePilot_12
lvl.1

United States

No it is not. I am an IT personnel. This is not correct.
2021-10-14
Use props
MiniManiac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I downloaded from the link and installed it, no issues and no scary messages, not sure what you saw when installing it, it could have been something else already on your system, as for threatening with Police/FBI you may want to ensure this is an actual issue before slinging accusations
2021-10-25
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

DronePilot_12 Posted at 10-4 11:56
Hello DJI Wanda,
Thank you for your response, Here is the link from where I had downloaded it: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
Could you please get this fixed with the DJI team as soon as possible? It is very scary knowing this as an U.S.A. goverment employee

Were you installing the software on a US govt computer?  I have worked with US govt computers in the past, they have some additional firewalls and added security features that make them somewhat unusable for most practical purposes.  I have seen where some of these security features prevent access to certain portions of the OS and registry to prevent changes.  (Even though there is no harm that can come from making changes to the registries that are often blocked!) This usually effects 3rd party supplier software, or some private / proprietary software that dose not have a certificate from a known source in the Windows library.   

Often times when the security feature is enabled the Command prompt window opens, and a script is ran by the "security feature" to log the activity taking place, then the IT security folks can view a separate security log that shows the "inappropriate actions" the user was doing at the time.  Your cmd window may not have been an action of the DJI software, but an automated response from a hidden security feature on a govt PC that prevents downloads.  Since DJI is a China company the US govt might have blocks for any software with certain types of hashes.      

Plus, if you work for the US govt you should probably be aware of the Dept of Commerce regulatory actions towards DJI products and how they have been placed on the Entity List.  
Department of Commerce Adds DJI to the Entity List:
On December 22, the Department of Commerce added Chinese drone manufacturer DJI to the Entity List, a list of those companies the U.S. Government has determined to be acting contrary to the national security or foreign policy interests of the United States.  The addition of DJI to the Entity List limits their ability to procure US-made technology and components.  DJI drones are very prevalent in the marketplace.  Internally, Government Operations and Product & Services Safety are working together to develop a policy on the use of Chinese-made drones.  (Federal Register Notice can be found at [LINK ]

Plus it is my understanding that most DJI drones are still banned from US govt operation.  Here's a link to just one of many articles on the subject.  Audit Clears 2 DJI Drones for US Govt

2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules