Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well start creating a New section please
2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fishycomics. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-10-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you'll have to wait until the 27 October.
2021-10-2
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yeah guess we have to wait until October 27th.

I still wish they could send me one so I can test it out before release (and I don't leak)
2021-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It will come. Don't worry.
2021-10-2
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Im sure as soon as its released they will sort the forum out.
2021-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe in the past a new forum is started once the new product is released.  Would be nice to load the new forum in advance to keep OA2 stuff in OA2 forum though and not clutter up OA forum.  
2021-10-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

We all would like a OA2 to test, and I will send my back.  would the  beta testers do that, think not
2021-10-2
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 10-2 12:01
We all would like a OA2 to test, and I will send my back.  would the  beta testers do that, think not

Yeah they only send out to bigger channels to reach more people they think. Wish they could help us small channels too.
2021-10-2
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I dont think the form factor will be for me, not even sure the technical specs will be for me.
For sure i am not the slightest exited even if i right now have a well padded bank account and i could afford to buy a new camera too.
I foresee for myself a lot more filming with the OA 1, and should it stop working all of a sudden, well then as i have had it since day #1 but only filmed like 12 hours MAX with it since then, i would be terrible discouraged if it broke on me.
2021-10-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

IS this a Full Kit DJI  you get all the pieces in one box, or are now Doing a gopro thing on us?  buy the main base and   buy the screen, buy the battery. then this will add up more than a camera
2021-10-3
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 10-3 02:48
IS this a Full Kit DJI  you get all the pieces in one box, or are now Doing a gopro thing on us?  buy the main base and   buy the screen, buy the battery. then this will add up more than a camera

What I did understand is that you have to different packages, one with the extra screen and another with extra battery.
And probably there will be all 3 in another package aswell.
2021-10-3
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

What i dont get is, a whole extra module just for a extra screen, i would assume that would also have a battery inside as otherwise the extra screen is just a parasitic draw on the already small original battery.
More battery / longer recording times on 1 charge was a big parameter for me, i just feel this is resolved in the most stupid way, i would rather prefer a tether to a power pack VS doubling the camera size even if it is from very small to small.

I think my next video camera will be a traditional camcorder, the on board action part that made the arrival of action cameras, well it is not really that kind of video i record, and if i needed it i would be fine with "B" roll footage from a cheap action camera / old action camera like my Osmo action.
I have found more often wishing for a little optical zoom VS any feature action cameras have, only save have been sticking the action on a stick and then push that nearer to the action, but that in turn mean you have coincidental framing or like i have done put the phone on the pole as a viewfinder screen, but then you have a big setup where just keeping a distance with a regular camcorder and use Zoom to do framing would be much more easy.
2021-10-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If  I want a  form factor  like this now I get this one

but if I want   something with more UMPH I get a Point-n-shoot or a different Sony or other.  If DJI wants to  go this r oute, the damage is Done, they are a Drone business first camera secondary.  W all learned our lesson with gopro. and others

2021-10-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

peiter Posted at 10-4 04:33
What i dont get is, a whole extra module just for a extra screen, i would assume that would also have a battery inside as otherwise the extra screen is just a parasitic draw on the already small original battery.
More battery / longer recording times on 1 charge was a big parameter for me, i just feel this is resolved in the most stupid way, i would rather prefer a tether to a power pack VS doubling the camera size even if it is from very small to small.

The extra screen have also battery and give about double record time
2021-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules