Lost DJI FPV last position - how to find?!
5855 17 2021-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

I lost my DJI FPV yesterday. After take-off at a height of about 20 meters, the drone picked up speed and headed towards the water surface with full speed. Until the last moment I tried to pick it up but it did NOT react to the movements of the sticks. I found a few DAT files in my goggles but I can't read them in DJI fly, DJI Assistant or AirData! I have divers, but the area is too large and it was not possible to hit the first try. How to read the last position of the drone from the logs in the goggles !!? Help me please
IMG_20211001_131209186~2.jpg
2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-1 23:31
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.

Thank for your answer. Of course!. I am waiting for feedback from DJI. A very nice person already received the information from me on Friday, right after the accident. In the meantime, the divers made an attempt, but it was hopeless ... the area was too large ... Without a GPS coordinate to narrow the search site, no hope. Unfortunately, divers can only repeat on Monday morning and during the weekend no one at DJI will probably even look at my fold
2021-10-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9 Posted at 10-2 00:56
Thank for your answer. Of course!. I am waiting for feedback from DJI. A very nice person already received the information from me on Friday, right after the accident. In the meantime, the divers made an attempt, but it was hopeless ... the area was too large ... Without a GPS coordinate to narrow the search site, no hope. Unfortunately, divers can only repeat on Monday morning and during the weekend no one at DJI will probably even look at my fold

Hello, there. Sorry to read your post. We will contact you during the working days as soon as possible. Wish you could find back your drone. If there anything else we can help you with, please feel free to talk. Finger crossed.
2021-10-2
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-2 02:25
Hello, there. Sorry to read your post. We will contact you during the working days as soon as possible. Wish you could find back your drone. If there anything else we can help you with, please feel free to talk. Finger crossed.

I see. I think I should hold the divers until someone replies. It is not about abandoning the drone - there is an SD card in it and it is needed for Care (although I do not see my fault here). Do you think there is a chance to determine the approximate location of the drone only on the basis of data from Goggles?
2021-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9 Posted at 10-2 02:30
I see. I think I should hold the divers until someone replies. It is not about abandoning the drone - there is an SD card in it and it is needed for Care (although I do not see my fault here). Do you think there is a chance to determine the approximate location of the drone only on the basis of data from Goggles?

Hi there, since we don’t know the situation very well, we can only suggest that you take a look at the suggestions below to see if it helps. The DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI Fly app have the Find My Drone feature. When using the Find My Drone feature in the DJI FPV Goggles V2, you can find the aircraft position through the cache in the internal storage of the goggles. You can go to  Setting - Safety - Find My Drone. To use the Find My Drone feature in the DJI Fly app for a mobile phone, ensure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is connected to the DJI Fly app for a mobile phone. You may launch the DJI Fly app, go to Profile, and tap Find My Drone.
2021-10-2
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-2 20:16
Hi there, since we don’t know the situation very well, we can only suggest that you take a look at the suggestions below to see if it helps. The DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI Fly app have the Find My Drone feature. When using the Find My Drone feature in the DJI FPV Goggles V2, you can find the aircraft position through the cache in the internal storage of the goggles. You can go to  Setting - Safety - Find My Drone. To use the Find My Drone feature in the DJI Fly app for a mobile phone, ensure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is connected to the DJI Fly app for a mobile phone. You may launch the DJI Fly app, go to Profile, and tap Find My Drone.

Thanks for your reply. Who are you? Is this an official DJI reply or advice? I have already described the whole situation above, twice. The drone flew away without my intervention a moment after it was raised to a height of about 20 m. My attempt to save it turned out to be successful: the drone did not respond to the sticks .... Of course, I used the Find My Drone function in the Goggles. I see a video of the drone's last moments before hitting the water. Probably in the event of a fall to the ground, this function would be useful, but unfortunately not in this situation. Divers entered the water in a supposed place, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack;) You can forget ... In turn, the Find Me Drone function in DJI Fly gives one message: DIRON DISCONNECTED. So both tips are unfortunately useless in my case. I will ask again: is there a chance to read the drone's GPS position? I stopped divers from trying again until DJI replied
2021-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9 Posted at 10-2 23:16
Thanks for your reply. Who are you? Is this an official DJI reply or advice? I have already described the whole situation above, twice. The drone flew away without my intervention a moment after it was raised to a height of about 20 m. My attempt to save it turned out to be successful: the drone did not respond to the sticks .... Of course, I used the Find My Drone function in the Goggles. I see a video of the drone's last moments before hitting the water. Probably in the event of a fall to the ground, this function would be useful, but unfortunately not in this situation. Divers entered the water in a supposed place, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack;) You can forget ... In turn, the Find Me Drone function in DJI Fly gives one message: DIRON DISCONNECTED. So both tips are unfortunately useless in my case. I will ask again: is there a chance to read the drone's GPS position? I stopped divers from trying again until DJI replied

Sorry to tell you that we can only check the last coordinate system of the flyaway aircraft on the Find my drone page of the app. It records the coordinate system information of the aircraft in the last communication. If it not helps, we recommend that you contact our support team through the link below to start a case. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2021-10-3
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-3 02:40
Sorry to tell you that we can only check the last coordinate system of the flyaway aircraft on the Find my drone page of the app. It records the coordinate system information of the aircraft in the last communication. If it not helps, we recommend that you contact our support team through the link below to start a case. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support

I see. What do you mean by "last communication"? The moment when the drone takes off from the ground? I do not need this ... I was standing next to it But the moment when the drone sent the information to the goggles for the last time - a moment before hitting the water, this is what I am looking for. I would then start my search from there. Of course, I have doubts about the course of the event ... I have been flying DJI drones for many years and it has never happened (except for one incident with Spark) that the drone took off by itself and could not be stopped. The drone was purchased in April. Has both warranty and care protection (unfortunately without flyaway). I have sent a request to support. I also have records with this date in the goggles, but AirData does not read them
2021-10-3
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-3 02:40
Sorry to tell you that we can only check the last coordinate system of the flyaway aircraft on the Find my drone page of the app. It records the coordinate system information of the aircraft in the last communication. If it not helps, we recommend that you contact our support team through the link below to start a case. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support

I DIDN'T use the DJI Fly app at the time of the flight !!! After returning home, I uploaded the data from the goggles to DJI Fly. Unfortunately I do NOT see these flights on my flight list. The last flight records are August. The day I sold my Mavic Air 2. Since then I have been waiting for the Mavic 3 Pro and flying only FPV drones
2021-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9 Posted at 10-3 06:11
I see. What do you mean by "last communication"? The moment when the drone takes off from the ground? I do not need this ... I was standing next to it  But the moment when the drone sent the information to the goggles for the last time - a moment before hitting the water, this is what I am looking for. I would then start my search from there. Of course, I have doubts about the course of the event ... I have been flying DJI drones for many years and it has never happened (except for one incident with Spark) that the drone took off by itself and could not be stopped. The drone was purchased in April. Has both warranty and care protection (unfortunately without flyaway). I have sent a request to support. I also have records with this date in the goggles, but AirData does not read them

I mean the data recorded by the app before the drone lost signal. However, the data can only be recorded when the app is connecting. If you did not use the app while flying the drone, there may be no relevant records.
2021-10-3
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-3 23:48
I mean the data recorded by the app before the drone lost signal. However, the data can only be recorded when the app is connecting. If you did not use the app while flying the drone, there may be no relevant records.

I'm not sure who I'm talking to. Let me ask you again: do you officially represent DJI? Since you consider the idea of finding a drone unrealistic, how to start the complaint procedure? the drone flew into the water without my participation. I want to get my drone back somehow. It's under warranty, plus I have Care
2021-10-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9 Posted at 10-4 00:29
I'm not sure who I'm talking to. Let me ask you again: do you officially represent DJI? Since you consider the idea of finding a drone unrealistic, how to start the complaint procedure? the drone flew into the water without my participation. I want to get my drone back somehow. It's under warranty, plus I have Care

Yes, I am. We've forwarded your concerns to the corresponding team and noticed that our support team is following up on your case. Our support will help you start a case accordingly. Please wait for the update email patiently.
2021-10-4
Use props
djiuser_XT0bfvzMSot9
lvl.1

Poland

Thank you very much
2021-10-4
Use props
fans384ef163
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What was the outcome of this if you dont mind me asking?
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans384ef163 Posted at 2-1 08:58
What was the outcome of this if you dont mind me asking?

Hi, there.
May I know if you meet the same problem as well?
If you meet any problem or need any support, please let us know the details, we will do our best to help.
Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-1
Use props
fansb73433dc
lvl.2

Thailand

So as I understand there is no way to get last GPS coordinates from Googles? Only was for now I see is to always connect phone to googles why I fly, in this case it shows last GPS coordinates in Find my drone. But this is quite not convenient that I need to keep my phone connected and DJI app always opened for this.
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansb73433dc Posted at 7-23 20:45
So as I understand there is no way to get last GPS coordinates from Googles? Only was for now I see is to always connect phone to googles why I fly, in this case it shows last GPS coordinates in Find my drone. But this is quite not convenient that I need to keep my phone connected and DJI app always opened for this.

Hello, there.
About your questions, you may check the information below:  
Can coordinates be displayed with the DJI FPV’s Find My Drone feature? Can the aircraft beep?
(1) These two functions are not available in the DJI FPV Goggles V2.
(2) In the DJI Fly app, coordinates will not be displayed, but the aircraft position on the map will be displayed. Enable ESC Beeping (Profile - Find My Drone - Start Flashing and Beeping) to make the aircraft beep. This beep is generated from the ESC rather than a beeper. The DJI FPV aircraft does not have a beeper.
Notes: To make the ESC beep, ensure that the aircraft has sufficient power supply and can receive signals.
2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules