1840 10 2021-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1631217 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi there i have a new Geprc Baby 5 with the air unit, googles and air unit are updated to newst firmware. 006.
During flights i had randomly recording break ups on the vista. since 2nd flight. And on the 12th flight at VLOS at 45m while flying.
i had suddendly a black screen. the signal was on 4or5 bars... the OSD elements stayed frozen. At least i had the GPS and found it just 45m on the field.
I exchanged the SD for now. Any suggestions? Faulty device? I check the connectors. After the crash and reboot i saw an image again - so that is ruled out.
It has an capacitor on the power it takes it straight after that from the battery line. I have noo idea. I flew 12 times the same route area with no issues.
As i dont want to loose my drone - what replacing the unit help?

Thanks for input
Cez
2021-10-1
Use props
cez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

ps: googles are v2, Air Unit with the DJI Camera
2021-10-1
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!!

Flights to EU or FCC?

V2 antennas are not optimal with DFJI FBV system with Air Unit or Caddx Vista ..... there are conflicting opinions.

I also noticed that with the latest firmware the quality and range of the signal has definitely deteriorated ...
2021-10-2
Use props
cez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Max90payneFPV Posted at 10-2 00:11
Hello !!!

Flights to EU or FCC?

Hi Max Payne thanks for the message.

I have 2x TrueArc Air 5.8 Patches... they should hold up 45m :-D i hope at least lol.
Hmm i only use it since latest firmware so i cannot compare might be that something changed there range for stability...

Anway in my case somethings off.... any help is welcome
2021-10-2
Use props
cez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Max90payneFPV Posted at 10-2 00:11
Hello !!!

Flights to EU or FCC?

My voltage was at 3.5v on 3s, maybe that wasan issue. I gave a little bit throttle when the black out occured. Maybe there was a drop in amps as voltage should be good up to 7.4V but not enough amps... I switched to 4s... I hope it wont happen when i fly lion down to 2.6V but the amps is still higher then, as on 3s 3.5v...
Any thoughts on this?
2021-10-2
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!!

Could this be the problem then !!

If you punch out too hard then depending on the state of the battery and its charge you may have had a voltage drop !!

If you can switch to Lipo 4se always keep the total absorption of the drone and the battery voltage under control !!

Anyway if you can go to FCC ..... which guarantees you not only greater distance but above all greater video output power for greater stability of the video signal
2021-10-2
Use props
cez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Max90payneFPV Posted at 10-2 10:14
Hello !!!

Could this be the problem then !!

Hi there - thanks for the replay.
I think it could pretty much have been that - with 3s the amps will drop quicker.. also the consumption of th air unit with low voltage rises (to compensate power)... so that might really have been the issue. On 4s that voltage might not yet at all have been a problem but on 3s its almost 1/3 of the amps on same voltage. When i gave throttle maybe the capacitor also pulled current to store all added led to a power drop which resulted in that black out.

The air unit stopped recording first, then the googles.

Thank i will have a look into those settings of EU/FCC... im europe
2021-10-3
Use props
cez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

The issue re-occured - i was at first very motivated to have pinned it down and blame the battery but its not.

The setup:
Dji air unit with Dji Camera and original antennas
V2 Googles

GEPRC 5" Crocodile (preassembled)
Crossfire

Battery 4s 3000mah, 850mah

- i put in new sd cards sandisk
- newest firmware
- checked antennas, plugs
- good charged batteries
- sufficient mw settings and LOS

After 4x flying witout issues i just happend again - out of the blue, transmission stops midair.
I was out in the nature no powerlines no wifi stuff...

if somebody had similar isssues let me know.
I will send the unit back, it cant be used like that, the anolog is more fun then that!!
I will only end in losing my drone and camera.
2021-10-10
Use props
cez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

At the point of black screen the recording shows signal 4 => 1 and then the CH65535....
Very odd!! I could land it by VSOL but i dont dare to fly further then 50m..... so the system is for the trash can like that!
2021-10-10
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

cez Posted at 2021-10-10 05:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Q39zZO304

I had the same today on caddx vista with around 20 flights total. It's not a power issue as there was enough juice, strong signal and 50mbit datalink at the moment of black screen appearing.

Weather was hot but I didn't saw overheating warning. I managed to crash land then before disconnecting the battery I saw that the video feed reappeared.

I have other vista unit on 200+ flights and it never had such black screen problem.

Did you found the source of the problem, is that a symptom of permanent damage?
2022-7-2
Use props
cez
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi there, i assume its a defect, at least with me when i change the unit, everything was fine
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules