Course Lock Intelligent Flight Mode DJI Mini 2
2514 10 2021-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

As I am sure all of you are aware, after an update a few months ago.  When hitting RTH on the Mini 2 you basically have the Course Lock feature enabled, allowing you to spin left or right but the drone will always matain the same path.  This IS course lock.  So why DJI, don't you just ADD Course Lock to the DJI Fly App!?  It's obvious it's possible due to it happening when RTH?
Everyone is so interested in Active Track, but to me it's useless, as are Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle, and Boomerang.
Course Lock is a flight mode I would love to see.  

2021-10-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Great idea,  but they are probably holding new stuff back for the Mini 3 next month.
2021-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mhinc. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-10-3
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-10-3 18:46
Hello there Mhinc. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.

Hows that suggestion working out?  You mods say you pass this along it's almost been a year so what's the story on this

2022-7-29
Use props
ChungKing
lvl.1
United States

Would like to see this also..
2022-7-31
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Mhinc Posted at 7-29 19:31
Hows that suggestion working out?  You mods say you pass this along it's almost been a year so what's the story on this

Don’t expect any substantial new features to be added to the Mini 2, especially withe the recent launch of the Mini 3…. I’m pretty sure DJI’s attitude is that if you want more features, buy a more expensive drone.

Have you looked into 3rd party apps like Maven or Litchi?  Both offer course lock type features (and more)…. Of course, DJI will warn you that 3rd party apps are not officially supported…
2022-7-31
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 7-31 11:29
Don’t expect any substantial new features to be added to the Mini 2, especially withe the recent launch of the Mini 3…. I’m pretty sure DJI’s attitude is that if you want more features, buy a more expensive drone.

Have you looked into 3rd party apps like Maven or Litchi?  Both offer course lock type features (and more)…. Of course, DJI will warn you that 3rd party apps are not officially supported…

I have Litchi.  And it does not offer Course Lock for the Mini 2, correct me if I am wrong, at least the last time I gave it a shot there was no offer for Course Lock.
2022-8-3
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Course lock is available on Maven Pilot (iOS only) and it is called "Cable Cam". You can make the drone move following a defined line, keeping the camera pointed to an object or a person.
2022-8-3
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Maven also has "Home Lock", which locks you into a path straight between home and the current location.  You can change speed (or even stop and hover), altitude, yaw and gimble but the drone will always follow the line between home and it's location (or farther away following that same linear path).  It's like their "Cable Cam" feature on-the-fly or a "controllable RTH".  I've found it's worth the $18 I spent.  Too bad it's iOS only - I'm sure many Android users would like it.  But if any drone app would make you pause to look for cheap used iOS gear, Maven would be it.

I have no experience with Litchi, but expected it would be similar to Maven...   I stand corrected if I was wrong.  Hopefully they will add these features in future updates - both Litchi and Maven use the same DJI SDK, so it's definately possible.
2022-8-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 7-29 19:31
Hows that suggestion working out?  You mods say you pass this along it's almost been a year so what's the story on this

In this case the cascade leads to a bin.
There's no marketing advantage to simple, sensible behaviours when they can spout forth about fancy, trick, selfie-making features, after all that's what people buy drones for............isn't it.
Or am I just a grumpy "old stick in the mud" lol.
2022-8-3
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

FabioV Posted at 8-3 03:13
Course lock is available on Maven Pilot (iOS only) and it is called "Cable Cam". You can make the drone move following a defined line, keeping the camera pointed to an object or a person.

Ya, Android here and happy on Android, so no Maven for me
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules