Android devices cant connect
494 8 2021-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jules Wilko
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So - given my utter frustration with iPhones, I've tried to connect to my Pocket 2 with my Android tablet.

The wifi can't even be seen from the Android device - But it's viewable on every other device I have - Windows computer, iPhones, iPad.

It's like it's invisible to Android devices as I can't even see the Pocket when I do a Wifi scan - It appears as a hidden network.

I know my Android tablet can join 5Ghz networks - So - It's not that.

Am I waiting on DJI to fix something I can't believe is broken ?
Or am I wasting my time?

2021-10-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

When attempting to connect, is your Bluetooth also on? I remember hearing somewhere that connecting requires both wifi and Bluetooth - BT is used for detecting nearby devices, while wifi does the rest of the data communication.

Also, have you checked the GHz setting of the Mimo app? It must be the correct one in order to the phone/tablet to connect.

Finally, you could check my device compatibility list threads to ensure your phone or tablet is one of the officially supported or at least working models. The threads also have a list of troubleshooting tips that could help detecting and solving possible issues with connection between the Pocket 2 and the phone or tablet. The threads are located at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets). They also contain the mentions and link to the official DJI supported models list, if you want to play it safe.

Good luck in solving the connection problems!
2021-10-4
Use props
Jules Wilko
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-4 13:16
When attempting to connect, is your Bluetooth also on? I remember hearing somewhere that connecting requires both wifi and Bluetooth - BT is used for detecting nearby devices, while wifi does the rest of the data communication.

Also, have you checked the GHz setting of the Mimo app? It must be the correct one in order to the phone/tablet to connect.

Yep - Bluetooth is on - I can see it to hit connect to, but it wont connect - with either Android device.
And I can't change the Wifi frequency setting on the device, nor can I change the wifi setting via the app as I can't connect to it on Android, and the wifi frequency setting appears to be absent with iOS.
2021-10-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

What Android devices are you using?
2021-10-5
Use props
Jules Wilko
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-5 07:19
What Android devices are you using?

An Archos T101x running Android v9, and some Chinese branded something running Android 10.
2021-10-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Jules Wilko Posted at 10-5 07:29
An Archos T101x running Android v9, and some Chinese branded something running Android 10.

The Pocket 2 is famous for being quite picky about the Android devices connected. I can't remember hearing someone test it with an Archos device, so don't know if it is compatible at all. I suspect even more that your non-brand chinese will not work, as most of the devices working with the Pocket 2 have been by big-brand names.

I'd suggest looking at the lists and seeing if you could borrow one of the models mentioned on the list as supported or at least working from a friend, a colleague, a relative etc. and check that one out. If even that doesn't work, it could be a faulty adapter.
2021-10-6
Use props
Jules Wilko
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Looking at the forums - I would suspect that actually it's DJI at fault - As there are loads of people with Samsung's having problems connecting.

Let alone the fact that changing frequency is an Android only feature.

And I still haven't had an answer from DJI support after 3 days on a ticket about a factory reset.

Currently my faith in DJI is lost.
2021-10-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Jules Wilko Posted at 10-6 06:33
Looking at the forums - I would suspect that actually it's DJI at fault - As there are loads of people with Samsung's having problems connecting.

Let alone the fact that changing frequency is an Android only feature.

Samsung have problems with most DJI-products, that's why I didn't buy Samsung when I bought my first drone.
There is a topic with which phones work and not work with Pocket 2.
2021-10-6
Use props
Jules Wilko
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yeah - Given that it doesn't work with iOS - I'm at a loss how DJI sells any Pocket 2's at all.
I'm going to be strongly advising anyone thinking about it to go elsewhere.
2021-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules