Error in upgrade and drone not connect in pc and controller and not power off
1690 11 2021-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_D1mC2dlyDhhZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80807 ft

Brazil

good night, on a certain day, after using the Dji mini 2 quick transfer, my drone just stopped shutting down. The drone starts normally, but does not connect to the control and when trying to turn it off it keeps flashing the lights and never turns off. I sent in an assistance and the technician said that due to an update failure it is no longer possible to downgrade and that I would have to change the controller board and that it was absurdly expensive. Not being able to connect the drone to the dji assistant what would be my options. Any light?
2021-10-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi,

do the firmware upgrade with the assistent program you find on the DJI website.
https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

As the program doesn't allow you "officially" to upgrade / downgrade the firmware of the mini 2, read this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 189&pid=2520129
Especially check the video in that article.

You will need to connect the drone / controller to your pc with the USB cable.
2021-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-10-3
Use props
djiuser_D1mC2dlyDhhZ
lvl.1

Brazil

JohnDG Posted at 10-3 18:34
Hi,

do the firmware upgrade with the assistent program you find on the DJI website.

Thank you very much for the tip, but the drone does not connect to the computer, the technicians informed that it is possible that a broken update must have corrupted the software and it was no longer recognized by the computer
2021-10-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

djiuser_D1mC2dlyDhhZ Posted at 10-4 06:45
Thank you very much for the tip, but the drone does not connect to the computer, the technicians informed that it is possible that a broken update must have corrupted the software and it was no longer recognized by the computer

That is possible too. That counts for all devices, not just DJI. If you're firmware gets corrupt the device can get "bricked" and is difficult to get things right.

Be aware to start the drone before you connect it too the pc.
Start up the assistent 2 first, start the drone and after that connect the cable. Seems to be something typical with the Mini's.
If you have several USB ports on your pc, you can also try using a different port. Sometimes different ports on the same pc have different types of technology.
2021-10-5
Use props
djiuser_D1mC2dlyDhhZ
lvl.1

Brazil

JohnDG Posted at 10-5 07:07
That is possible too. That counts for all devices, not just DJI. If you're firmware gets corrupt the device can get "bricked" and is difficult to get things right.

Be aware to start the drone before you connect it too the pc.

So in the case of a blockage I might have lost my drone due to the firmware? Has anyone managed to succeed in the connection after this block?
2021-10-5
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

On a normal startup, my drone once did the continuous flashing! As it never ceased, I pulled out the battery. Put it back and everything worked as expected again.
2021-10-5
Use props
djiuser_D1mC2dlyDhhZ
lvl.1

Brazil

Johnny_J Posted at 10-5 07:28
On a normal startup, my drone once did the continuous flashing! As it never ceased, I pulled out the battery. Put it back and everything worked as expected again.

Thanks for the reply, but all these methods have already been tested. I think of an alternative that can force the refresh or make it reconnect to the PC
2021-10-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

djiuser_D1mC2dlyDhhZ Posted at 10-5 07:13
So in the case of a blockage I might have lost my drone due to the firmware? Has anyone managed to succeed in the connection after this block?

With software like the Fly app, you won't risk anything. If it fails to install, you can install it again and again.

Firmware is something else. It interfaces the basic functionalities of the device (in this case the drone). The first part of an firmware upgrade is the download. The second part is to wipe the memory that holds the firmware and the third part is to write the new firmware. If after the wipe the upgrade goes wrong, the device can be bricked. In that case the device has to be send back to the factory.
Updating firmware of any device holds a kind of risk.

If the device can be started and basic functionality does work, you still can try upgrading.
I've upgraded a lot of devices, not only drones. Bad firmware upgrades, but I haven't had one device that was bricked in the end.
You got the right Assistent from the DJI Mini 2 website and followed the instructions on the video ?
If possible try another computer or different usb port.

2021-10-5
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_D1mC2dlyDhhZ Posted at 10-5 07:34
Thanks for the reply, but all these methods have already been tested. I think of an alternative that can force the refresh or make it reconnect to the PC

DJI should take care of that for you. Not blame anything externally.
2021-10-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Johnny_J Posted at 10-5 07:38
DJI should take care of that for you. Not blame anything externally.

well, it can happen due to several circomstances, for example when the power source is disrupted during writing.
Had it once with a Mavic pro, updating via the app. Not totally bricked, but some functions were corrupt. Reflashing the firmware with the Assitent solved the problem for me.

Most manufacturers have an emergency procedure or program to push the firmware onto the device in case the device got bricked.

Or like in Cisco switches, you load the new firmware, test it. If your are pleased with it, you have to do a write to storage command. If you power it down, the former firmware is put back into place.
That is the safest way, but it makes it more complicated for a lot of users.
2021-10-6
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

JohnDG Posted at 10-6 03:16
well, it can happen due to several circomstances, for example when the power source is disrupted during writing.
Had it once with a Mavic pro, updating via the app. Not totally bricked, but some functions were corrupt. Reflashing the firmware with the Assitent solved the problem for me.

I like the Cisco way! DJI could make it possible too: If you power off without enabling the new version you'll get a message "Do you want to revert to the old version?" or the like!
2021-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules