2808 7 2021-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Decept1k0n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 375820 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else had issues with DJI Mimo v1.6.6 crashing on iOS 15?  I recently started using the new DJI OM5 that I got a few weeks ago & tried to do some test shots and found that the app seems like it crashes after several minutes.  It does work for a little bit before I find myself at the iOS home screen which is really frustrating.  I tried deleting & re-installing the app to no avail...  Not sure what else I should be trying to troubleshoot or resolve this issue?
2021-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Decept1k0n. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI OM 5 to see if the issue will persist? For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 5. Thank you.

https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2021-10-4
Use props
Decept1k0n
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Stephen, not sure what your link has to do with my issue.  To be clear, I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, but that shouldn’t have anything to do with the Mimo app crashing and ejecting me back to the home screen & causing me to lose any work I had in progress…
2021-10-4
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Decept1k0n Posted at 10-4 02:08
Hi DJI Stephen, not sure what your link has to do with my issue.  To be clear, I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, but that shouldn’t have anything to do with the Mimo app crashing and ejecting me back to the home screen & causing me to lose any work I had in progress…

I’ve had similar issues but randomly and I’m on an iPhone 12 Pro Max as well running iOS 15.0.1
2021-10-4
Use props
Decept1k0n
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I hope DJI fixes this issue soon, although it may not turn out to be that big of a deal.  I need to test out some other apps for shooting video to see how they are and if they can produce the quality I like.  It would definitely be most convenient to use the DJI Mimo for shooting for sure though.
2021-10-4
Use props
djiuser_Y1S8r5f5C6QN
lvl.1

United States

Mimo crashes for me every minute or so. This happened before I updated to iOS 15. The app still crashes after iOS 15. Doesn’t matter if I’m taking pictures, doing nothing on the app, or taking videos it will crash. Also on top of the app consistently crashing the photo mode also takes about 5-20 seconds to take each photo. Really infuriating especially since I use this for work and I don’t have time for these issues to keep happening. Fix your app it has been weeks that this keeps happening. Currently using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with the app.
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_Y1S8r5f5C6QN
lvl.1

United States

Mimo crashes for me every minute or so. This happened before I updated to iOS 15. The app still crashes after iOS 15. Doesn’t matter if I’m taking pictures, doing nothing on the app, or taking videos it will crash. Also on top of the app consistently crashing the photo mode also takes about 5-20 seconds to take each photo. Really infuriating especially since I use this for work and I don’t have time for these issues to keep happening. Fix your app it has been weeks that this keeps happening. Currently using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with the app.
2021-10-6
Use props
Decept1k0n
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I am having a similar issue as what you are describing.  I actually kinda noticed it when I was using my Osmo Action but didn’t think much of it since that device can continue recording without the app running.

Here is a link to a Reddit thread where I posted about this issue.  Those of you who are experiencing the issue I described might want to also post there and see if the person that reached out to me to provide log files will contact you and ask for the same.  It would be helpful for them to get data from other users encountering the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/djiosmo/comments/q12vkm/dji_mimo_app_crashing/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
2021-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules