Mini 2 vs Air 1 for photography ?
893 7 2021-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
milowbrac
lvl.1

India

Landscape photographer here looking to finally play with aerial photography. I am sure I'll play with video at some point, but the main focus will be photography. I am torn between a new Mavic Mini 2 at costco ($449) vs a used Air 1 fly more combo for $200 locally. Which is the better aircraft for photography? Any chance of being able to print up to 12x18 without quality loss?

2021-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there milowbrac. Good day and thank you for choosing DJI. I will be posting a DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ) where in you can compare the specifications of both the DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I print 18x12 shots from the Mini2 without any problems and I have no doubt it could go larger.   Depending on your local rules you may find that the <249g mini can legally fly places the air cannot.  
2021-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing you need to consider is battery availability for the original Mavic Air.  Mini 2 is much newer and batteries will be cheaper and easier to find when needed.  Mini 2 is very portable and performs quite well for it's size and weight.
2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres an example of a Mini2 shot that I had printed at 30" x 20" And it looks fantastic.

2021-10-4
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

even with the Mini 1, you can make nice photos.
I made prints on aluminium 80 x 45 cm and I am happy with the results.

But I can't wait, until Mini 3 is on the market...
2021-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mini 2 is about the same as the Air 1 for photography. You can't go wrong with either one I guess.

2021-10-4
Use props
milowbrac
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Landscape photographer here looking to finally play with aerial photography. I am sure I'll play with video at some point, but the main focus will be photography. I am torn between a new Mavic Mini 2 at costco ($449) vs a used Air 1 fly more combo for $200 locally. Which is the better aircraft for photography? Any chance of being able to print up to 12x18 without quality loss?showbox speed test

issue got solved
2021-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules