Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware issues
405 20 10-4 11:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdavidson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309656 ft
United States

Hello,
I'm the satisfied owner of the DJI Mini 2, at least up until the latest firmware update...  Up until the firmware update I had over 50 flights since purchase with no issues - Now I can't fly more than about 10min without my iPhone 12 overheating and dimming down making it impossible to see my screen.  The iPhone is getting really hot.  My enjoyment has turned to frustration and I've tried everything to correct using iPhone setting to no avail. I'm hearing scuttlebutt that the latest firmware update automatically turns the Fly app "phone charging" function ON and it cannot be turned off.  I'm also hearing where people are using mini ice packs to keep iPhone cool - That's ridiculous.
I need help resolving this issue so I can enjoy flying again.
Thx.
John
10-4 11:42
Use props
LurkinOKB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17152 ft
United States

What firmware and which DJI Fly version are you using when you have problems?
10-4 21:14
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there John. I am sorry for the troubles this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to isolate the said issue kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? In addition, DJI would suggest clearing all other application on your mobile device that is not necessary to use when using the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to check the environment as well this can add heat to the said mobile device especially when the sun reflects on your device, this may affect the performance of your mobile device as well. Thank you.
10-4 21:22
Use props
Jdavidson
lvl.1
United States

LurkinOKB Posted at 10-4 21:14
What firmware and which DJI Fly version are you using when you have problems?

Hi and thx for your help.
DJI APP firmware is 1.4.8(477)
Aircraft firmware is 01.03.0000
RC firmware is 04.11.0016

For what it’s worth, I was able to get a full flight in this morning without the iPhone dimming down or getting hot.  That’s the first time in several days.

I look forward to your comments.
Thx again!
10-5 08:36
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Austria

Do you have a friend or associate who has an Android phone? Test with it in order to troubleshoot further!
10-5 08:44
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2609213 ft
Serbia

Until DJI fixes this issue, you can try turning low power mode on your iPhone. It should help with overheating.
10-5 10:09
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

I have read that 1.4.8 has, shall we say, "issues".....
First, try like above, an android system device, and see if your issue replicates itself.
Then, see if you can revert back one rev? (unless they locked out that option)..
10-5 10:58
Use props
LurkinOKB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17152 ft
United States

I'm using the same App version and AC firmware version and I haven't had any problems with my iPhone.
10-5 11:35
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 14414295 ft
  • >>>
United States

John,

Just a couple of things.  Firstly, I'd like to help you with your terminology a little bit just so that everybody can be on the same page.  Firmware is something that goes on the drone and the RC.  The DJI Fly app is just an app, it is not firmware.  I don't say this to be a punk or anything like that, but when you refer to "firmware" people are going to have one thing in mind, when you are actually referring to the DJI Fly app.

It is highly unlikely that the firmware on the drone or RC is responsible for the over heating problem you are running into.  

Secondly, you make mention of DJI making changes to the Fly app in regards to the phone charging function.  It is true that DJI did make changes over the last several versions of the DJI Fly app.  However, in the latest version (v1.4.8), they restored the ability for the user to choose whether they want the RC to charge an iPhone or not.  This option can be found in the Controller tab under Settings.

What is your temperature outside and is your phone in the direct sunlight when this occurs?  Do you have a heavy case on your phone that could be insulating it and holding in the heat?

I personally have always had problems with multiple different iPhones over the years using many different versions of DJI Go 4 (on older drones) and DJI Fly (multiple versions) when flying during the summer.  This is one of the biggest reasons I upgraded to the DJI Smart Controller.  That is a bit of overkill if you only have a Mini, but I use it with my multiple different drones.

I hope you are able to get something figured out!  Cheers!
10-5 11:39
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 14414295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 10-5 10:09
Until DJI fixes this issue, you can try turning low power mode on your iPhone. It should help with overheating.

I've got a shortcut on my iPhone that automatically fires when I open DJI Fly or DJI Go 4.  It automatically puts the phone in low power mode and kicks the brightness up.  Unfortunately, in the summer months, if I'm in the sun, I still always get the screen dimming due to over heating.  This is one of the biggest reasons I normally fly with the Smart Controller rather than my phone.
10-5 11:40
Use props
bendigo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4521 ft
Poland

Jdavidson Posted at 10-5 08:36
Hi and thx for your help.
DJI APP firmware is 1.4.8(477)
Aircraft firmware is 01.03.0000

I have the same versions. The only difference is I have iPhone 12 Pro.
I don't have issues with my phone you mention, however I noticed that sometimes when I connect the phone to the controller the phone starts charging although the switch in the app is off. Flipping it on and off again helps and the charging stops.
10-5 11:47
Use props
Jdavidson
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 10-5 11:40
I've got a shortcut on my iPhone that automatically fires when I open DJI Fly or DJI Go 4.  It automatically puts the phone in low power mode and kicks the brightness up.  Unfortunately, in the summer months, if I'm in the sun, I still always get the screen dimming due to over heating.  This is one of the biggest reasons I normally fly with the Smart Controller rather than my phone.

Thanks much for your time and all the good info!!
10-5 19:40
Use props
Jdavidson
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 21:22
Hello there John. I am sorry for the troubles this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to isolate the said issue kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? In addition, DJI would suggest clearing all other application on your mobile device that is not necessary to use when using the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to check the environment as well this can add heat to the said mobile device especially when the sun reflects on your device, this may affect the performance of your mobile device as well. Thank you.

Thx for your ideas - I’ll them a try.
10-5 19:43
Use props
Jdavidson
lvl.1
United States

bendigo Posted at 10-5 11:47
I have the same versions. The only difference is I have iPhone 12 Pro.
I don't have issues with my phone you mention, however I noticed that sometimes when I connect the phone to the controller the phone starts charging although the switch in the app is off. Flipping it on and off again helps and the charging stops.

I’ll give that a try - Thx!
10-5 19:45
Use props
Jdavidson
lvl.1
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 10-5 10:09
Until DJI fixes this issue, you can try turning low power mode on your iPhone. It should help with overheating.

Thx much - I’ll give that a try.
10-5 19:46
Use props
Jdavidson
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 21:22

Thx for your help - I’ll give your ideas a try.
10-5 19:49
Use props
Mhinc
First Officer
Flight distance : 138481 ft
Canada

Get an Android
10-5 21:54
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Jdavidson Posted at 10-5 19:43
Thx for your ideas - I’ll them a try.

Hi there Jdavidson. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
10-7 19:49
Use props
fadi1984
lvl.2
Flight distance : 748 ft

New Zealand

hi there any body can help me plz i have mavic pro stuck  56% at update and now cannot connect
10-12 00:14
Use props
fadi1984
lvl.2

New Zealand

and the mavic pro now not having video feed and not conncet to the pc as it seem to be stuck at loop of disconnect
10-12 00:16
Use props
fadi1984
lvl.2

New Zealand

plz help as i can't use the drone any more
10-12 00:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules