Mini 2 Gimbal Jumps when in sport mode
4384 8 2021-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mplanet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 898163 ft
United States

Hi everyone, I recently got a mini 2 after first purchasing an Air 2S. I love both drones however I noticed in the mini 2 that when I have the gimbal facing straight down and in sport mode the gimbal jumps up about 10-15 degrees when I move the right stick forward or backward. After contacting online support I was told that this is a normal "gimbal protection feature of the mini 2". However, my Air 2S does not do this. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine does the same,  but not just in sports mode its mostly in photography mode - here's an example of mine -
2021-10-5
Use props
Mplanet
lvl.1
United States

Thank you very much for your reply, video and the information. Yes, that is exactly what mine does but only in sport mode. I have since learned from others, unofficially of course, that
this issue was created as a result of the mini 2's increased speed capabilities. Supposedly a change was made in the software, firmware that allows the mini 2 to fly
at steeper angles to deal better with higher wind. I have not however heard anything about this from DJI only a reference made by their support tech with whom who I chatted, that it
is a "safety function in the software in order to protect the gimbal."    Thanks again, Cheers and regards.
2021-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mplanet Posted at 10-5 07:53
Thank you very much for your reply, video and the information. Yes, that is exactly what mine does but only in sport mode. I have since learned from others, unofficially of course, that
this issue was created as a result of the mini 2's increased speed capabilities. Supposedly a change was made in the software, firmware that allows the mini 2 to fly
at steeper angles to deal better with higher wind. I have not however heard anything about this from DJI only a reference made by their support tech with whom who I chatted, that it

So yours doesn’t do it at -90 degrees.  Everyone I know on here who tried it had the same results.  
2021-10-5
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's a design fault. The original mini did it also. It has to do with the extreme angle of the gimbal and the pitch of the drone while flying in sports mode. In sports mode the angle of the drone is very far forward. With the angle of the gimbal with an abrupt stop the gimbal cannot physically adjust to compensate for the change in drone pitch and forces the gimbal to a safer angle. The MA2 has a much more robust and flexible gimbal where the camera isn't limited in such a way and as a result it doesn't suffer the same issue.
2021-10-5
Use props
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

Yes - in sport mode the gimbal tends to jump.  It is a mild annoyance for me.  But then again I only use sport mode to get between locations quickly,
2021-10-6
Use props
Mplanet
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the info!
2021-10-13
Use props
Mplanet
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-5 11:16
So yours doesn’t do it at -90 degrees.  Everyone I know on here who tried it had the same results.

Thanks for your input.
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules