Litchi. Waste of money or worth it?
4459 9 2021-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I am thinking about getting litchi. I am trying to give back to my Mavic Mini some of the features that my Spark and P3 standard had. I was wondering what you guys think about Litchi. Is it worth spending 23 dollars on it? What was your guys' experience with it? Was it gimmicky or did it work pretty well? Did it cause any major issues to your drones that made them dangerous to fly? Thank you very much.
2021-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sparkflier. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since you wanted to use and 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this matter from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the said application. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application when flying your DJI Drone to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you and safe flying always.
2021-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It has some cool features that you don't always get with the default app.
PS

You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which features are you interested in from Litchi?
2021-10-4
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4

United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 23:59
Which features are you interested in from Litchi?

Really just the panorama, AEB, and waypoint features. Capturing a 360 or 180 pano manually with a Mavic Mini is complicated. I would probably not use the tap fly or active track features. Maybe follow me mode and point of interest though. Also, is it worth spending an extra five dollars on the Litchi Vue in app purchase? I know there is hanger 360 but that is kind of limited because it goes up 300 feet and you can't do an hdr pano. I know I probably should this save up and get a better drone or should've kept my Spark, but I wanted a drone that was slightly fancier but still minimal. Probably next year or this summer, I am going to get refurbished Mavic Pro platinum. I don't know though. Not that much into drones anymore. This might be my last drone.
2021-10-5
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4

United States

Sparkflier Posted at 10-5 08:25
Really just the panorama, AEB, and waypoint features. Capturing a 360 or 180 pano manually with a Mavic Mini is complicated. I would probably not use the tap fly or active track features. Maybe follow me mode and point of interest though. Also, is it worth spending an extra five dollars on the Litchi Vue in app purchase? I know there is hanger 360 but that is kind of limited because it goes up 300 feet and you can't do an hdr pano. I know I probably should this save up and get a better drone or should've kept my Spark, but I wanted a drone that was slightly fancier but still minimal. Probably next year or this summer, I am going to get refurbished Mavic Pro platinum. I don't know though. Not that much into drones anymore. This might be my last drone.

Probably actually going to get the Snail and Takyon hardware from dji this summer or next year and build a custom racing/fpv drone.
2021-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sparkflier Posted at 10-5 08:25
Really just the panorama, AEB, and waypoint features. Capturing a 360 or 180 pano manually with a Mavic Mini is complicated. I would probably not use the tap fly or active track features. Maybe follow me mode and point of interest though. Also, is it worth spending an extra five dollars on the Litchi Vue in app purchase? I know there is hanger 360 but that is kind of limited because it goes up 300 feet and you can't do an hdr pano. I know I probably should this save up and get a better drone or should've kept my Spark, but I wanted a drone that was slightly fancier but still minimal. Probably next year or this summer, I am going to get refurbished Mavic Pro platinum. I don't know though. Not that much into drones anymore. This might be my last drone.

Panorama and AEB you can do manually quite easily,   the waypoints I seem to recall dont work reliably and are still in beta.
2021-10-5
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4

United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-5 23:00
Panorama and AEB you can do manually quite easily,   the waypoints I seem to recall dont work reliably and are still in beta.

I do understand that you can do panorama and aeb quite easily, however, doing panoramas with a Mavic mini is a lot of work, especially when wanting to make hdr panoramas. I also do hdr shots on my Mini because JPG is hard to work with and doing hdr helps me get more color and contrast. In conclusion, I decided that I am going to get Litchi. If it doesn't work well, I will request a refund from Apple. I figured out Litchi vue is not needed unless you want to share the drone's stream to multiple devices.
2021-10-6
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

Works well for me, currently using it on a 15km^2 mapping job. No issues other than when I somehow got logged out and was unable to access my flight plans until I found an area with phone signal
2021-10-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've been a fan of Litchi for several years, and have used it on each drone I've owned. Never had a problem with it. Waypoints missions are what I use it most for.  It was a beta version for the Mini 1, but since a couple of weeks ago, that feature has been added to the consumer version, and it works with the Mini 1. 360 panoramas are still a pain though.  It was the best €25 I spent.
2021-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules