Droning the Bahamas - Nassau Island
967 8 2021-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SNASH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301230 ft

United States

I was looking for anyone who has "legally" droned in the Bahamas (Nassau Island) and what you had to do to register and fly with BAA. Was there a difference filing as a "recreational vs commercial"? Price difference? How much?

Thanks in advance.

Wonka River

Wonka River
2021-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flown my drone several times in and around Nassau.  Take a look at this website and you will not have any issues.  They even supply phone numbers and links if you desire more information from the Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA).  Have a great trip to Nassau.
2021-10-5
Use props
StewNash
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301230 ft

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 04:17
I have flown my drone several times in and around Nassau.  Take a look at this website and you will not have any issues.  They even supply phone numbers and links if you desire more information from the Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA).  Have a great trip to Nassau.

Thank you for the response. I did not see this website in my search. This is good information for droning in the Bahamas. I think I have covered all my bases with your information and what I have found. It is preferred by Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA) to register your drone. They will send you an authorization letter (which will be presented to Bahamas Customs upon arrival) after you send them all your pertinent information. I am not leaving for another month. I hope to film some epic shots.
2021-10-5
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

JEALOUS!!! Who Me! Nah
2021-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SNASH. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have visited the Bahamas - Nassau Island can give out the best information with regard to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JEALOUS!!! Yes I AM.   
2021-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

StewNash Posted at 10-5 05:01
Thank you for the response. I did not see this website in my search. This is good information for droning in the Bahamas. I think I have covered all my bases with your information and what I have found. It is preferred by Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA) to register your drone. They will send you an authorization letter (which will be presented to Bahamas Customs upon arrival) after you send them all your pertinent information. I am not leaving for another month. I hope to film some epic shots.

Glad it helped.  Hope you have a fantastic trip.  
2021-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StewNash Posted at 10-5 05:01

Hoping to see the results of your trip posted on here when you return   Have a great time.
2021-10-6
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2021-10-6 08:34
Hoping to see the results of your trip posted on here when you return   Have a great time.

I'm flying in from the US to North Eleuthera, any issues going through customs?  I've travelled inside the US, but never internationally and I don't want to loose my M2P.
2022-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules